Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting for Buffett to pump an altcoin.  (Read 1214 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:58:59 PM

I hate to pick on the guy. I'm sure he's nice, but slamming Bitcoin deserves a response. One day he will finally start to understand cryptocurrencies and will probably get greedy like so many other newbies. I predict he will gravitate in the way so many investors do and invest in developing an altcoin rather than help Bitcoin develop. I'm not saying he should buy bitcoins. In fact, I hope I'm wrong and he stays completely out of cryptocurrencies. He would cause more harm than good like so many others with more money than sense.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:03:00 PM

Doubting Bitcoin the currency perhaps is an easy error, as a businessman though he certainly should and perhaps will better understand Bitcoin2.0 Meta/Protocol == asset and trade opportunities.. MSC; XCP; NXT; PTS+DACs; and Ethereum etc have real prospects. It's a cheap shot of course but perhaps he's looking for a quick win rather than any medium term prospect.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:12:58 PM

Doubting Bitcoin the currency perhaps is an easy error, as a businessman though he certainly should and perhaps will better understand Bitcoin2.0 Meta/Protocol == asset and trade opportunities.. MSC; XCP; NXT; PTS+DACs; and Ethereum etc have real prospects. It's a cheap shot of course but perhaps he's looking for a quick win rather than any medium term prospect.
Why do people keep clumping all these together? If a meta coin or protocol is not actually recorded on the Bitcoin blockchain, then it is an altcoin. Sorry, but it's a pet peeve.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:26:38 PM

He'll probably help Google pump that Ripple nonsense.

davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:49:44 PM

Why do people keep clumping all these together? If a meta coin or protocol is not actually recorded on the Bitcoin blockchain, then it is an altcoin. Sorry, but it's a pet peeve.

Yes, seeing other replys from you, I wonder you're a bit behind on these 2.0 coins. I was at the same place a while back but it's worth another look. What is possible is now moving well beyond ye olde BTC.

These that you mistake as altcoins are distinct efforts relative to trade of assets, rather than being some simple currency alt-coin. Ethereum perhaps then is a third generation even but it's far too soon to see whether that or another similar effort, will move beyond Distributed Companies. Perhaps take a look at BitShares.org and others for a clearer sense of what more these offer.

I agree with you that copy-coins can burn in hell but then recognise that even for those there are some that have potential, as simple alternatives.. regular people seem to like choice, regardless of any technical reality.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:54:07 PM

I agree with you that copy-coins can burn in hell but then recognise that even for those there are some that have potential, as simple alternatives.. regular people seem to like choice, regardless of any technical reality.
The problem with your argument is that Bitcoin itself can be adapted to do pretty much anything any of the imitators can do.

Etherium does have promise, but Bitcoin can be evolved to do everything Etherium can/will do.

TL;DR - anyone who supports an altcoin basically is doing it for personal profit.

Bitcoin is the real deal, the rest are wannabes.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:59:48 PM

The problem with your argument is that Bitcoin itself can be adapted to do pretty much anything any of the imitators can do.

Etherium does have promise, but Bitcoin can be evolved to do everything Etherium can/will do.

and what would you call that evolution?... perhaps you would call it MSC or XCP; or you would see an alt-Blockchain support that effort. I consider it's unimportant whether it's on BTC Blockchain or another. The only distinction perhaps comes with efforts such as Ripple that look to be very distinct and wholely different to Bitcoin.

waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

if buffet ever pumps an altcoin
it will be a fedcoin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:46:26 PM

I hate to pick on the guy. I'm sure he's nice, but slamming Bitcoin deserves a response. One day he will finally start to understand cryptocurrencies and will probably get greedy like so many other newbies. I predict he will gravitate in the way so many investors do and invest in developing an altcoin rather than help Bitcoin develop. I'm not saying he should buy bitcoins. In fact, I hope I'm wrong and he stays completely out of cryptocurrencies. He would cause more harm than good like so many others with more money than sense.

You're calling Buffet greedy?  You realize he's one of the biggest philanthropists in the world, right?  He embraces what he understands, and he doesn't understand Bitcoin.  I hardly see him slamming it, I do see him saying he doesn't understand it, which is entirely fair.  Calling him greedy and lumping him in with "newbies" makes you look like an ignorant fool.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

You're calling Buffet greedy?  You realize he's one of the biggest philanthropists in the world, right?  He embraces what he understands, and he doesn't understand Bitcoin.  I hardly see him slamming it, I do see him saying he doesn't understand it, which is entirely fair.  Calling him greedy and lumping him in with "newbies" makes you look like an ignorant fool.
He calls it a "mirage" which is a hallucination or delusion. The Bitcoin developers are not delusional. So he's a philanthropist. What cause has he championed? At least Gates set some real goals for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Besides, I didn't say he was greedy. I'm sure his wealth came from a deep sense of sacrifice like Mother Theresa. But when Cryptocurrencies finally reach a major adoption stage, he may change his tune as he watches his BRK.A start to fade away into dust. Welcome to my ignore list, Mr Ignorant Fool.

CurbsideProphet

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

He calls it a "mirage" which is a hallucination or delusion. The Bitcoin developers are not delusional. So he's a philanthropist. What cause has he championed? At least Gates set some real goals for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Besides, I didn't say he was greedy. I'm sure his wealth came from a deep sense of sacrifice like Mother Theresa. But when Cryptocurrencies finally reach a major adoption stage, he may change his tune as he watches his BRK.A start to fade away into dust. Welcome to my ignore list, Mr Ignorant Fool.

Roll Eyes  And who is the largest contributor to Gates' fund you dumbass?   And yeah you said, "will probably get greedy" which is basically saying he will be greedy.  Glad to be on your ignore list, now go sit in the corner with your tinfoil hat.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:05:50 PM

I know he's into something called USDs.  Huh I think it's some kind of alt that can be used in only a few countries. And, I might be confused, but I think is based on a dog or something.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:12:30 PM

You guys are delusional. Buffett won't pump an altcoin. He simply does not care about crypto-currencies in general as that is not his style of investing.

Move on.  

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:14:23 PM

Roll Eyes  And who is the largest contributor to Gates' fund you dumbass?   And yeah you said, "will probably get greedy" which is basically saying he will be greedy.  Glad to be on your ignore list, now go sit in the corner with your tinfoil hat.
Pop quiz hotshot. Who said "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful?" I didn't say he will be greedy, he did. Capiche?

CurbsideProphet

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

Pop quiz hotshot. Who said "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful?" I didn't say he will be greedy, he did. Capiche?

Lol, an investment mantra is what you're coming back with?  All he's saying is to be a contrarian.  You simply have to look up the amount of money he's given away to see that the man is far from greedy.

Buffett is No. 2 on the Forbes 400, with a fortune of $46 billion as of our most recent tally. As the originator, together with Bill Gates, of the Giving Pledge, a commitment to donate at least half of a donor’s fortune before they die, he has already given huge sums. He has pledged to give away 99% of his fortune. Forbes calculates that Buffett has donated at least $9.5 billion in shares of Berkshire Hathaway to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. That sum does not include 2012’s $3 billion pledge to his children’s philanthropies.

Wow only 99% of his fortune?  What a greedy dick! You're best to put me on the ignore list like you said you would, you're making yourself look like a complete imbecile.

cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

Lol, an investment mantra is what you're coming back with?  All he's saying is to be a contrarian.  You simply have to look up the amount of money he's given away to see that the man is far from greedy.

Buffett is No. 2 on the Forbes 400, with a fortune of $46 billion as of our most recent tally. As the originator, together with Bill Gates, of the Giving Pledge, a commitment to donate at least half of a donor’s fortune before they die, he has already given huge sums. He has pledged to give away 99% of his fortune. Forbes calculates that Buffett has donated at least $9.5 billion in shares of Berkshire Hathaway to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. That sum does not include 2012’s $3 billion pledge to his children’s philanthropies.

Wow only 99% of his fortune?  What a greedy dick! You're best to put me on the ignore list like you said you would, you're making yourself look like a complete imbecile.
So at the end of his life after decades of being a bazillionaire during the deregulated Reagan-Clinton-Bush years he decides not to leave his family more than a few billion. BFD. You can't take it with you. He is just a businessman yet you seem to worship him like a god. What an idiot you are.

vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:54:06 PM

You guys are delusional. Buffett won't pump an altcoin. He simply does not care about crypto-currencies in general as that is not his style of investing.

Move on.  

agree.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:55:33 PM

Move on.  

agree.

+1

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:10:09 PM

I hate to pick on the guy. I'm sure he's nice, but slamming BTCitcoin deserves a response. One day he will finally start to understand cryptocurrencies and will probably get greedy like so many other newbies. I predict he will gravitate in the way so many investors do and invest in developing an altcoin rather than help Bitcoin develop. I'm not saying he should buy bitcoins. In fact, I hope I'm wrong and he stays completely out of cryptocurrencies. He would cause more harm than good like so many others with more money than sense.

u better support Bitcoin.  cause once Satoshi Coin comes around, 1 BTC = 0.00000002 satoshi freka

i am here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: