Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:35:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASED] @mention notification bot - now with Telegram  (Read 37657 times)
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:50:14 PM

~~

either telegram or on the forum not both.

so this is why i only kept receiving the notifications only on my telegram, have been wondering why my thread not being updated.
Do we will have an option to receive both notifications or we can setting our preference which one we will use on future updates?

Tozex

Powered by,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piggy (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 04:29:33 PM

so this is why i only kept receiving the notifications only on my telegram, have been wondering why my thread not being updated.
Do we will have an option to receive both notifications or we can setting our preference which one we will use on future updates?

I'm not planning to allow both at the same time. You can just use one or the other, if both are set the notification are just sent through telegram.
Achmad05

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:13:03 PM

I'm not planning to allow both at the same time. You can just use one or the other, if both are set the notification are just sent through telegram.

You can try the new notification system, in order to use it send a pm to Maggiordomo by placing in the subject subscribe and in the body a link to a thread you created (preferably in a place out of the way, Off topic perhaps), this will be used to receive your notifications. You will receive a message confirming you are signed up and some basic information.
When somebody will type @yourUsername or @your=Username (if you have spaces in your username, they need to be replaced with = ) you will get one or more notifications in your thread.
A great innovative idea as usual by @Piggy. But don't you think people will clog the Off-topic board by creating many threads as you suggested for receiving notifications and what would happen if people are not limiting those threads to the Off-topic boards? Someone can say Off-topic board is already filled with shit, but that's not an excuse for us to create more threads filled only with notifications. I have checked few of the tested posts and it redirects to the bounty reports which is useless. If we can get a notification for our social media account (how about for Telegram account which can be created for this notification only) would be great rather creating separate threads even in Off-topic board.

Can we use this bot to check the plagiarism post?

Restrictions and customizations (to be implemented):
  • A minimum amount of merits received is going to be necessary to use it, perhaps 5/10

These simple rules hopefully will be enough to discourage people from using in ways were not intended.
It is great to see that you put restrictions. However, I don't think 5/10 Merits would be enough and those Merits should be "Earned Merits"
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:18:02 PM

snip

Received merits, and earned merits are the same thing unlike airdropped merits.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 12:19:04 PM

Hey Piggy !
Thanks a lot for this incredible tool your provided for us all. Smiley It is really helpful !

Has it been already suggested to add a feature that allows to disable notifications when some specific users name/quote me ?
There are several persons I put on ignore on the forum but they still quote me in their posts and I am getting notified of that.

I couldn't care less of their posts but still it attracts my attention.
Hence why I ask if this has been suggested already in the past. Smiley

Maybe this can be done by interacting with Maggiordomo on Telegram ?
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 04:14:42 PM

Hey Piggy !
Thanks a lot for this incredible tool your provided for us all. Smiley It is really helpful !

Has it been already suggested to add a feature that allows to disable notifications when some specific users name/quote me ?
There are several persons I put on ignore on the forum but they still quote me in their posts and I am getting notified of that.

I couldn't care less of their posts but still it attracts my attention.
Hence why I ask if this has been suggested already in the past. Smiley

Maybe this can be done by interacting with Maggiordomo on Telegram ?

Hi,

Yes, this was suggested some time ago already, but for the moment i have decided not to implement it, mainly to avoid creating a bottle neck , stability problems and eventual slow down while processing the messages.

asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 02:49:20 PM

Just using your bot yesterday mate, it's nice. Now I receive a notification in my telegram when someone quotes me.
But, just recently I receive a notification in my telegram account, its not me but someone else accounts. Hope its just one time mistake, cause if this happened again my telegram will be filled with someone else's account.

as i can see @GreatArkansas just register himself here

Here is a list of the users registered to receive notifications: @GreatArkansas

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 03:36:41 PM

Just using your bot yesterday mate, it's nice. Now I receive a notification in my telegram when someone quotes me.
But, just recently I receive a notification in my telegram account, its not me but someone else accounts. Hope its just one time mistake, cause if this happened again my telegram will be filled with someone else's account.

[img*]https://i.imgur.com/mCNdcTL.jpg?1[/img]

Here is a list of the users registered to receive notifications: @GreatArkansas

Hi,

Yes it looks like some mistake with the handle of telegram pheraps, I'll have a look tomorrow and see where is the problem. I guess you are receiving all the notification  for GreatArkansas  Huh
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 03:42:03 PM

Hi,

Yes it looks like some mistake with the handle of telegram pheraps, I'll have a look tomorrow and see where is the problem. I guess you are receiving all the notification   GreatArkansas  Huh
Yup, all GreatArkansas  notif, even the one i make earlier here, 
Even when you wrote this reply to me without the "@" sign.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 05:04:26 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2)

asayoyaasa now you should receive just your own notification even when GreatArkansas is mentioned, due to a bug the system assigned the same handle as you for telegram notification  Smiley
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 06:19:06 AM

asayoyaasa now you should receive just your own notification even when GreatArkansas is mentioned, due to a bug the system assigned the same handle as you for telegram notification  Smiley
Cool yeah I see only one notification now even though you mention GreatArkansas name, keep up the good job mate. well done, thanks once again!

WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:32:39 PM

Hey Piggy I really like your Maggieordomo bot here ! Any word on the progress of keywords? This could be a very useful feature for all of us!

-it has been asked already but some time has passed sorry to bother.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 04:49:26 PM

Hey Piggy I really like your Maggieordomo bot here ! Any word on the progress of keywords? This could be a very useful feature for all of us!

-it has been asked already but some time has passed sorry to bother.

For the moment i didn't look at a way to implement something like that, i'm a bit short on time these days, maybr later on Smiley
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:25:19 PM

@Piggy does the recent bug about receiving a notification for some else account fixed? I just recently got that too with the username @GreatArkansas
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 07:54:33 PM

@Piggy does the recent bug about receiving a notification for some else account fixed? I just recently got that too with the username @GreatArkansas

I'm not sure what is the cause of it yet, but tomorrow i can at least fix manually the issue for you.

Probably i should contact GA to understand what command is trying to use (unless he is using deliberately somebody else telegram handle, which seems unlikely Smiley )
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 06:43:40 AM
Merited by vv181 (1)

There was a bug i found while checking the code which confirm the Telegram handle registration, which was causing the problem of receiving somebody else notification.

Now nobody should receive notification meant for GreatArkansas anymore Smiley

vv181

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 05:17:56 PM

~
Great work!

I just want to confirm you after I've received notifications from others account, so far the bot work flawlessly as usual.
Piggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 06:20:28 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2019, 08:52:47 AM by Piggy
Merited by LoyceV (2), TheFuzzStone (1)

Hi,

There is going to be a change for what concern the notifications within the forum, we are moving from Thread to PM, since the PM limitations for Maggiordomo have been lifted.

Using a thread for the notifications was also interfering/messing up the "show unread posts since last visit" as theymos told me.

You don't have to do anything for this switch and you either receive your notifications through PM or Telegram (  as before )

Is probably going to happen sometime tomorrow.  Smiley

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 06:27:20 AM

Using a thread for the notifications was also interfering/messing up the "show unread posts since last visit" as theymos told me.
That's just because the ICO spam slowed down Tongue I used to see mainly ANN-threads, now it is indeed mainly your bot.

You don't have to do anything for this switch and you either receive your notifications through PM or Telegram (  as before )
I'm not sure if I'm going to like this change though, one of the problems with PM is that it doesn't show the latest unread, it opens the last page when I click it. If I receive 20 PMs per day from a bot, I can easily overlook real PMs.
I'll see how it goes first Smiley

asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:28:09 AM

Hey Piggy,

Just wanted to let you know I received a double notification in 2 occasions over the last few days. Don't know if you want/need more information or if this a known issue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: