Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:38:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information about ZCL fork  (Read 104 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reactorjuno (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:04:49 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2018, 02:17:42 PM by reactorjuno

Hi folks,

I inquired a little bit, and on September 10 there should be a fork of ZCL, with ration 1: 2
If I understood well, it means that if I get some ZCL on Cryptopia, they will offer the new token (ANON) in ration 1: 2 (total supply of 4 Millions).

Best of luck whatever you do.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:53:34 PM

The fork is a combination of both the ZClassic and Bitcoin. The devs of the new fork coin are using the technology of the btc blockchain and the anonymity feature of ZClassic. Hence each bitcoin holder receives 1 Anon and each Zcl holder receives 2 Anon. The snapshot was taken on September 10 and the mainnet went live from today. We would be knowing about the exchanges only later this week.

Not all the exchanges supported the fork and only certain exchanges which were mentioned are where the forking snapshot took place. We need to see how the fork plays out, since ZCash got split from Btc and BTCP splitted from ZCash and btc blockchain. ZCl splitted up from the BTCP Blockchain and Anon splitted from the Zcl and Btc blockchain.
reactorjuno (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:46:34 AM

Actually ZCL not looking good right now, reflects the whole altcoin market. ANON did not have any positive impact.

But the chart may show that right now is the time to buy for a profit in the middle term. Being speculative here obviously...
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 03:56:37 PM

It's good that you had started a self Mod thread, otherwise it would have been spammed to the core with bull shit replies with people not even knowing what is a fork after all.  Tongue

Actually ZCL not looking good right now, reflects the whole altcoin market. ANON did not have any positive impact.
But the chart may show that right now is the time to buy for a profit in the middle term. Being speculative here obviously...
I was lucky enough to grab some zcl 2 days before the snapshot took place. I bought something around 30 zcl coins though I never gave a read on what really was zcl before. 30 coins was around 0.027BTC and I received 60 anon via airdrop.  This was a speculative investment where I was ready to lose my investment though I have never done something like this before. I literally take around 3 weeks to read and understand the coin completely before investing my bucks. Anon is currently trading at $1.8 which gave me $110 and 30 zcl gave me $110. Now I am in a safer area with a profit of $45. Though it's not really a great return, but getting $45 in a week is good according to me.

Zcl most probably tanked due to the fork and may regain it's price with some minor improvements in it's blockchain. Though I am not literally sure about this. For instance, let us assume Btc was trading at $2000 when Bch forking happened. Bch started its trading at $100 and eventually Btc will tank by $100 and the final price may be $1900. This is how a price of a coin is determined after forking takes place. I may not be selling my zcl and anon until I receive 2x of the btc I invested unless and otherwise there is really a need of fiat for my expenses.
reactorjuno (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:43:24 PM

It's good that you had started a self Mod thread, otherwise it would have been spammed to the core with bull shit replies with people not even knowing what is a fork after all.  Tongue

Something I had to learn here eventually  Wink

I was lucky enough to grab some zcl 2 days before the snapshot took place. I bought something around 30 zcl coins though I never gave a read on what really was zcl before. 30 coins was around 0.027BTC and I received 60 anon via airdrop.  This was a speculative investment where I was ready to lose my investment though I have never done something like this before. I literally take around 3 weeks to read and understand the coin completely before investing my bucks. Anon is currently trading at $1.8 which gave me $110 and 30 zcl gave me $110. Now I am in a safer area with a profit of $45. Though it's not really a great return, but getting $45 in a week is good according to me.

Zcl most probably tanked due to the fork and may regain it's price with some minor improvements in it's blockchain. Though I am not literally sure about this. For instance, let us assume Btc was trading at $2000 when Bch forking happened. Bch started its trading at $100 and eventually Btc will tank by $100 and the final price may be $1900. This is how a price of a coin is determined after forking takes place. I may not be selling my zcl and anon until I receive 2x of the btc I invested unless and otherwise there is really a need of fiat for my expenses.

Good move, period. $45 is not a big amount but it is still a profit, valuable in 2018 if you ask me  Grin and thanks for giving your opinion about forks in general, I must confess I am not too knowledgeable and it's nice to read some constructive opinion here (for a change).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: