Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:10:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Best/Top Crypto Exchanges: Fees & more  (Read 502 times)
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:32:00 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 01:25:09 PM by vlad230
Merited by LoyceV (2), Coin-1 (1), malikusama (1), vphasitha01 (1)

I did some research on the best/top exchanges I can use for crypto currency trading and decided to do a post about it. In the hopes others will benefit from my research and will make choosing the right exchange for you more easily. I will update the list with more exchanges later on.

I hope that this will become a good guide/resource for people to use and will not be buried by spam.

Criteria for selection
I have been following some criteria in my selection process like:
  • large volumes traded everyday
  • low fees for trading/depositing/withdrawing
  • enhanced security
  • large variety of coins traded
  • FIAT trading & SEPA transfers enabled
  • easy registration process
  • straight forward trading - easy to use
  • option to trade with FIAT
  • multiple trading functions

It may not be enough to use a single exchange for you, you may end up using multiple exchanges in order get your funds from FIAT to crypto and back to your bank account. I am currently using Binance for trading and Bitstamp for getting money in/out to FIAT and avoiding a bank blocade.

Based on these factors, I have come up with my own top of exchanges. Check them out:

1. Binance.com
This is the all time winner when it comes to trading volumes. It has more than $1 billion worth of coins traded everyday.
It has an easy enough sign-up process, you can increase your account limits by providing the details needed and the staff is prompt.

2. Bitfinex.com
They are close behind Binance, with a trading volume of $0.5 billion worth of coins traded everyday. Similar process of account limit lifting as Binance but it can take up to 8 weeks to get fully authorised by the staff. They have the most complex trading platform in this top, ideal for expert traders.

3. HitBtc.com
They have an insane amount of trading pairs. I don't know of any other exchange to offer as many trading pairs as HitBtc. They also have decent volumes too.

4. Bittrex.com
They were not accepting new registrations in the past but recently they opened up the registration process again. Volumes are not as high as the previous exchanges in this top but they still are decent.

5. Kraken.com
For a long time this was considered to be the best exchange for the EU zone, supporting fast & extremely low fees SEPA transfers.
Their trade volumes look decent too.

6. Bitstamp.com
Another EU based exchange, higher fees but their service is decent and fit for casual traders.
They also work with a lot of banks and "beyond banking" providers with no restrictions, as opposed to Kraken which has started to refuse some.

Exchange details
Rank # |Exchange |Trading fees1 |Deposit fees |Withdrawal fees |Security Rank2 |# Trading Pairs |FIAT trading |Trading functions3
#1BinanceM/T 0.1%FreeVariable#1380NoM,L,SL
#2BitfinexM 0.1/T 0.2%VariableVariable#182YesM,L,S,SL,TS
#3HitBtcM 0/T 0.1%0.0006 BTCVariable#1779NoM,L,SC
#4BittrexM/T 0.25%FreeVariable#2294YesM,L,SC
#5KrakenM 0.16%/T 0.26%FIAT/CryptoFIAT/Crypto#156Yes & SEPAM,L,S
#6BitstampM/T 0.25%VariableVariable#214Yes & SEPAM,L,S

Notes
1 Trading fees: Usually every exchange charges a percentage to the maker (user who submits a trade) and a percentage to the taker (user who accepts a trade made by the maker). Some exchanges charge a fee for deposits but the majority are free, majority of exchanges charge withdrawal fees.
2 Security Rank: Exchanges use a variety of ways to make sure the user's account is harder to hack. This includes e-mail, phone, 2FA,  IP address & user agent verifications, ID verifications (for lifting limits).
3 Trading functions: Exchanges support various forms of trading functions like: market (M), limit (L), stop (S), stop limit (SL), trailing stop (TS), scaled (SC).

Disclaimer
1. Since some criteria are more important for some people and some are not, this top may not suit everyone. Please take this into consideration.
2. Feel free to suggest other exchanges that you're using and may be equivalent to these or even better.
3. Listed fees are the most expensive ones for the lowest trading amounts, up to 1 BTC, for larger values there may be discounts in place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:23:09 PM

Very nice guide. Good to have them all at one place.

4. Kraken.com
For a long time this was considered to be the best exchange for the EU zone,

What's the situation with Binance presently? They are moving their HQ to EU (Malta), if they haven't already done so. Does that make them an EU exchange?
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

Very nice guide. Good to have them all at one place.

What's the situation with Binance presently? They are moving their HQ to EU (Malta), if they haven't already done so. Does that make them an EU exchange?
Thanks! I hope this will help others too. I didn't find something like this on BCT, it would have been useful for me too.

Going back to your question, I don't think it will. According to wikipedia, Kraken is a US based exchange operating in multiple regions of the world.

Since Binance is not accepting FIAT right now, it won't really matter. If they do start accepting FIAT (euros) then they will probably accept SEPA transfers too and it will be good news - more people will be able to use FIAT to purchase crypto.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:16:50 AM

I was expecting more interest in this thread to be honest.  Sad

What exchanges are you guys using and what was your criteria when selecting them?
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:35:22 PM

I still think this could be useful to a lot of people but this seems to get buried extremely fast by spam.

Since we're on the Trading forum, I'm expecting a lot of you guys to use exchanges to trade crypto currency.

Which exchanges are you using?
yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:24:05 PM

I personally like Liquid. I have been trading there for a long time, even before re-branding. There is a margin trade up to x25. One major pair is allowed to trade without commissions, both spot and margin. All assets on cold storage, withdrawal only through the permission of several instances. State license of Japan. Very good and customizable interface, fantastic app.Works only with fiat. Withdrawal to your bank account.
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 04:00:13 PM

3. HitBtc.com
They have an insane amount of trading pairs. I don't know of any other exchange to offer as many trading pairs as HitBtc. They also have decent volumes too.

the most puzzling thing for me up to now is HitTC, with all the little activities, deposits, trades, withdrawals, all these things with fees above the average market, but HitBTC still has high popularity, even though there is still a better market than that, some my colleagues also have problems when trading on hitbtc, their fees are really fierce

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:17:28 AM

I personally like Liquid. I have been trading there for a long time, even before re-branding. There is a margin trade up to x25. One major pair is allowed to trade without commissions, both spot and margin. All assets on cold storage, withdrawal only through the permission of several instances. State license of Japan. Very good and customizable interface, fantastic app.Works only with fiat. Withdrawal to your bank account.
It nice you found one that works for you. I need to take a closer look at it too.

the most puzzling thing for me up to now is HitTC, with all the little activities, deposits, trades, withdrawals, all these things with fees above the average market, but HitBTC still has high popularity, even though there is still a better market than that, some my colleagues also have problems when trading on hitbtc, their fees are really fierce
Yes, that's correct, their fees are above the market prices but I guess a lot of people prefer to use it since they have a huge number of trading pairs.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

2. Bitfinex.com
They are close behind Binance, with a trading volume of $0.5 billion worth of coins traded everyday. Similar process of account limit lifting as Binance but it can take up to 8 weeks to get fully authorised by the staff. They have the most complex trading platform in this top, ideal for expert traders.
Bitfinex is actually a big no for me, like was before I created an account there but to my astonish I can't make any deposit since I need to have at least a $10k balance, though it's accumulated it's impossible for me to have that. So I ended up not using it even I really need it.

3. HitBtc.com
Wow I just know that, 779 pairs. Considering many hated hitbtc plus the fees that literally robbing us but if the liquidity is concern then fees shouldn't be weigh.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:39:28 AM

Good list, thanks for sharing.  I would like to add the following:

- you have forgotten the most important criterion in choosing the platform is the support team: they have your private key, so the faster response is better.

- Regulations: Many platforms are known to lock accounts without notice and then amend their rules after filing and so on.

Also, adding ways to protect your account "which platform accept 2FA, the second password, KYCm,..etc. " will be good.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jeantyo1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:25:46 PM

I did some research on the best/top exchanges I can use for crypto currency trading and decided to do a post about it. In the hopes others will benefit from my research and will make choosing the right exchange for you more easily. I will update the list with more exchanges later on.

I hope that this will become a good guide/resource for people to use and will not be buried by spam.

Criteria for selection
  • enhanced security

It may not be enough to use a single exchange for you, you may end up using multiple exchanges in order get your funds from FIAT to crypto and back to your bank account. I am currently using Binance for trading and Bitstamp for getting money in/out to FIAT and avoiding a bank blocade.

Based on these factors, I have come up with my own top of exchanges. Check them out:

1. Binance.com
This is the all time winner when it comes to trading volumes. It has more than $1 billion worth of coins traded everyday.
It has an easy enough sign-up process, you can increase your account limits by providing the details needed and the staff is prompt.

2. Bitfinex.com

3. HitBtc.com

4. Bittrex.com
They were not accepting new registrations in the past but recently they opened up the registration process again. Volumes are not as high as the previous exchanges in this top but they still are decent.

5. Kraken.com
For a long time this was considered to be the best exchange for the EU zone, supporting fast & extremely low fees SEPA transfers.

6. Bitstamp.com
Another EU based exchange, higher fees but their service is decent and fit for casual traders.
They also work with a lot of banks and "beyond banking" providers with no restrictions, as opposed to Kraken which has started to refuse some.

Exchange details
Rank # |Exchange |Trading fees1 |Deposit fees |Withdrawal fees |Security Rank2 |# Trading Pairs |FIAT trading |Trading functions3

Notes
1 Trading fees: Usually every exchange charges a percentage to the maker (user who submits a trade) and a percentage to the taker (user who accepts a trade made by the maker). Some exchanges charge a fee for deposits but the majority are free, majority of exchanges charge withdrawal fees.
2 Security Rank: Exchanges use a variety of ways to make sure the user's account is harder to hack. This includes e-mail, phone, 2FA,  IP address & user agent verifications, ID verifications (for lifting limits).
3 Trading functions: Exchanges support various forms of trading functions like: market (M), limit (L), stop (S), stop limit (SL), trailing stop (TS), scaled (SC).

Disclaimer
1. Since some criteria are more important for some people and some are not, this top may not suit everyone. Please take this into consideration.
2. Feel free to suggest other exchanges that you're using and may be equivalent to these or even better.
3. Listed fees are the most expensive ones for the lowest trading amounts, up to 1 BTC, for larger values there may be discounts in place.

I'm glad to see this question Smiley By the way, your guide is great. Really useful, not only for newbies.
Answering your question. I'm using CEX (https://cex.io/), their security measures and an easy-going interface played a decisive role for making a choice. Though the verification procedure looks like it's gonna eat you alive but this also makes you feel safe and confident.
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:55:02 PM

Yeah i too had been using cex.io for some years and it is also a good site.
Earlier it took a long time for verification but i guess things have changed now.
only 1 problem I faced when I wanted to update my details there,it really pissed me off.
can anyone tell me what is the present scenario in bitbuy.ca and shapeshift, I had been thinking to use some other exchanges for some different reasons.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:28:34 PM

Criteria for selection
  • enhanced security

1. Binance.com

2. Bitfinex.com

3. HitBtc.com

4. Bittrex.com

5. Kraken.com

6. Bitstamp.com

Exchange details

Notes

Disclaimer
That is very informative post and it can be really helpful for the people who looks to start trading and which exchange to pick up and as you said the Binance is still best of all because of its high trading volume first of all and the no deposit fee and also less trading fee when compared to other top exchanges but as I am not a regular trader I will look for the exchange which offers the highest price for my coin because I am going to do this one time trading and then withdraw all my funds from there and later will invest on some other coins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
racingboy

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:56:17 PM

Great content, would give merit if I have one.
I agree with this list, I am using Binance Exchange Platform for quite some time now, and
so far so good.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:52:01 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 09:04:05 PM by Coin-1

I think it should be noted that most of the large crypto exchanges have already emitted their own ERC20-tokens (for example, BNB, HT, etc). These tokens can be bought for getting bonuses and discounts. As I can see, not all the exchanges support the "trailing stop (TS)" function. Nice guide, good work.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

Bitfinex is actually a big no for me, like was before I created an account there but to my astonish I can't make any deposit since I need to have at least a $10k balance, though it's accumulated it's impossible for me to have that. So I ended up not using it even I really need it.
Hmm... Interesting, I wasn't required to deposit $10k. Could this be a new policy change? Or maybe something dependent on geographic location?

Wow I just know that, 779 pairs. Considering many hated hitbtc plus the fees that literally robbing us but if the liquidity is concern then fees shouldn't be weigh.
I guess they are charging higher fees because they also need more personnel to maintain all those trading pairs and issues associated with them.

I'm glad to see this question Smiley By the way, your guide is great. Really useful, not only for newbies.
Answering your question. I'm using CEX (https://cex.io/), their security measures and an easy-going interface played a decisive role for making a choice. Though the verification procedure looks like it's gonna eat you alive but this also makes you feel safe and confident.
Yeah i too had been using cex.io for some years and it is also a good site.
Earlier it took a long time for verification but i guess things have changed now.
only 1 problem I faced when I wanted to update my details there,it really pissed me off.
can anyone tell me what is the present scenario in bitbuy.ca and shapeshift, I had been thinking to use some other exchanges for some different reasons.
Looks like I need to check out CEX.IO Smiley Will review it and add it here later on. Thanks for the suggestions!

I think it should be noted that most of the large crypto exchanges have already emitted their own ERC20-tokens (for example, BNB, HT, etc). These tokens can be bought for getting bonuses and discounts. As I can see, not all the exchanges support the "trailing stop (TS)" function. Nice guide, good work.
Yes, good point. Some of them offer big discounts on fees, like Binance with the 50% off on fees if you're using their token to pay for them.
Ganbound

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:29:46 PM

Criteria for selection
  • enhanced security

1. Binance.com

2. Bitfinex.com

3. HitBtc.com

4. Bittrex.com

5. Kraken.com

6. Bitstamp.com

Exchange details

Notes

Disclaimer
As much as HitBTC do have an insane amount of trading pairs, I personally do not expect it to even be on the list. For some reasons, a lot of people have complained about the exchange with very low or no level of support and I believe for an exchange, that should always be one of the major criteria to look at when choosing one.

However, you sure have a very great list there for the rest of the exchanges and most especially with binance coming first which probably have all the features mentioned. It is not about having insane number of pairs, it is about not listing too many shit coins which is one thing HitBTC is good for.
aghedo1

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 12:34:37 PM

Binnace is a great exchange, the volume of trade are the best and you usually have small spread which is a good thing if you intend sell your tokens on time. Hibtc is good also but it seem to be receiving a lot of hits from John McCafe. I have not had any issues with them though
tTek

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:49:51 PM

I'm trading on bitfinex, so I can call myself an expert  Smiley
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:21:04 PM

I try to register on binance and i check that everybody can cash out 2btc with or without id verification some sort of kyc? Is it true?  I am using app an app of binance, can i trade smoothly using binance app?  However,  thank you for the additional information tho. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: