Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Survey Shows 80% Of Americans Have Heard Of Bitcoin  (Read 2791 times)
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

80% of americans have heard about it, just like probably 99% of americans have heard about the negative effects of being obese and yet few do anything about it.

In time everybody will switch to Bitcoin, just like those obese people will be forced to diet when they find out they're about to have a heart attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:12:01 PM

Each country has its own statistics about people who have heard about bitcoin. In my country, too, many people have heard about it, but most of them do not even know what it was created for and are very skeptical about it. I hope that in time they will change their minds.

it would be better if 80% of people will use Bitcoin as an investment tool or as a mean of payment in everyday life.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Caxton10

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 08:33:19 PM

I always thought that per the development of USA, the percentage of people who have heard of bitcoin or cryptocurrency in general are more than 90%. I guess I'm wrong but what it means is that a lot needs to be done to increase the statistic of cryptocurrency awareness.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:17:48 PM

Hearing about bitcoin and having knowledge about it is not the same thing. People hear stuffs, and eventually forgets about it or ends up just knowing the "word" and nothing else about it. Thus they do not have enough knowledge about what they "heard". The same thing goes for the case of bitcoin. They heard about bitcoin a lot, but does not know anything about it. Thus, no interest has been generated. Moreover, they got to know about bitcoin through the media which usually spreads negative news through exaggeration which is one of the reason why most people know about bitcoin but is afraid/ignoring its potential.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:04:44 PM

of course it's very good, because the more people who know about bitcoin will have a positive impact, because with more and more people who know it will open up big opportunities for many people to buy bitcoin and invest.

Organize the same survey in other countries,  especially in the states of the African continent, and you will get another result. less than 5-8% of people will say they have heard of the crypto.
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

A few years ago, bitcoin was a niche tech toy for nerds. Today, bitcoin has grown to become a household name.

The vast majority of people in the developed world have heard of bitcoin. That idea was reinforced this past week with the release of a survey from YouGov.

That survey indicated that 79% of Americans have heard of bitcoin. Additionally, nearly half of millennials wish to invest in bitcoin.

The online survey collected information from 2 million respondents across the United States. You can view the full study here. YouGov is an international online-based market research company headquartered in London.

Some of the most interesting facts gathered from the survey include:

- 79% of Americans are familiar with at least one kind of cryptocurrency

- 71% of Americans have heard of bitcoin

-The next-leading cryptocurrency is Ether/Ethereum, with 13% of Americans claiming they’ve heard of it

- Men are significantly more likely than women to report hearing about a cryptocurrency: 27% of women claim
 they have not heard of any cryptocurrency, while 16% of men chose the same answer

- Litecoin was the third most recognizable cryptocurrency, with 18% of men reportedly knowing about Litecoin and 5% of women

- Despite the widespread acknowledgement of bitcoin, few respondents were directly involved with the world’s largest cryptocurrency; of those who had heard of bitcoin, 87% have had no interaction with it, which means they haven’t bought, sold, or mined bitcoin

- Approximately half (49%) of respondents said they were “Glad I didn’t buy bitcoin earlier, and I don’t plan to buy it”; 15%, meanwhile, wished they “had bought bitcoin earlier, but I feel like it’s too late now”
Relatively few people have any immediate plans to buy bitcoin, according to the survey, despite the fact that over one third (36%) of respondents believe cryptocurrency will become widely accepted

- Cryptocurrencies continue to have a stigma associated with illegal transactions, with 25% of respondents claiming that they believe most cryptocurrency transactions are for illegal purposes; an additional 19% said cryptocurrencies were used equally for legal and illegal purposes, with 17% reporting that cryptocurrencies were used more for legal than illegal purposes

- Among millennials, approximately half are interested in cryptocurrency: 48% reported being interested in cryptocurrency, with 50% claiming they were not interested

- A narrow majority of respondents (57%) said they would not be interested in converting into crypto away from the US Dollar, with one third (36%) claiming they would be interested in converting the majority of their funds to cryptocurrency

Overall, this study provides one of the best views of public opinion towards cryptocurrency. With 2 million respondents, the YouGov survey was bigger than most other crypto surveys to date. You can take the survey results in an optimistic or pessimistic way. Optimists will point to the fact that 36% of respondents would be interested in switching their funds to crypto, for example, while pessimists will mention that 50% of respondents had no interest in cryptocurrency.

It’s also important to note that YouGov is an online data analytics company. That means the results are inevitably skewed towards representing people who are already on the internet. 79% of respondents reported knowing about bitcoin, for example, but those respondents are all connected to the internet. If we were to take a more representative study of America as a whole, it seems unlikely that 4 in 5 would have heard of bitcoin.

While the crypto landscape changes, we’re still a long ways away from widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies as a unit of account. This survey, however, shows that the public is interested in crypto – or at least aware of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Courtesy. bitcoinexchangeguide.com
Everybody has heard about it,sure, But that's about it. I have asked so many people if they know what bitcoin is,and they are like yessss! and when you ask them to explain what they know,they look at you with their dumb faces!

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:33:01 AM

Wow, that's a pretty interesting fact. While 71% of Americans have heard about Bitcoin, only 13% of them have used Bitcoin in some sort of form. Would be nice to hear why they haven't used it.

- Despite the widespread acknowledgement of bitcoin, few respondents were directly involved with the world’s largest cryptocurrency; of those who had heard of bitcoin, 87% have had no interaction with it, which means they haven’t bought, sold, or mined bitcoin

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
minizi99

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:34:11 AM

A few years ago, bitcoin was a niche tech toy for nerds. Today, bitcoin has grown to become a household name.

The vast majority of people in the developed world have heard of bitcoin. That idea was reinforced this past week with the release of a survey from YouGov.

That survey indicated that 79% of Americans have heard of bitcoin. Additionally, nearly half of millennials wish to invest in bitcoin.

The online survey collected information from 2 million respondents across the United States. You can view the full study here. YouGov is an international online-based market research company headquartered in London.

Some of the most interesting facts gathered from the survey include:

- 79% of Americans are familiar with at least one kind of cryptocurrency

- 71% of Americans have heard of bitcoin

-The next-leading cryptocurrency is Ether/Ethereum, with 13% of Americans claiming they’ve heard of it

- Men are significantly more likely than women to report hearing about a cryptocurrency: 27% of women claim
 they have not heard of any cryptocurrency, while 16% of men chose the same answer

- Litecoin was the third most recognizable cryptocurrency, with 18% of men reportedly knowing about Litecoin and 5% of women

- Approximately half (49%) of respondents said they were “Glad I didn’t buy bitcoin earlier, and I don’t plan to buy it”; 15%, meanwhile, wished they “had bought bitcoin earlier, but I feel like it’s too late now”
Relatively few people have any immediate plans to buy bitcoin, according to the survey, despite the fact that over one third (36%) of respondents believe cryptocurrency will become widely accepted

- Cryptocurrencies continue to have a stigma associated with illegal transactions, with 25% of respondents claiming that they believe most cryptocurrency transactions are for illegal purposes; an additional 19% said cryptocurrencies were used equally for legal and illegal purposes, with 17% reporting that cryptocurrencies were used more for legal than illegal purposes

- Among millennials, approximately half are interested in cryptocurrency: 48% reported being interested in cryptocurrency, with 50% claiming they were not interested

- A narrow majority of respondents (57%) said they would not be interested in converting into crypto away from the US Dollar, with one third (36%) claiming they would be interested in converting the majority of their funds to cryptocurrency

Overall, this study provides one of the best views of public opinion towards cryptocurrency. With 2 million respondents, the YouGov survey was bigger than most other crypto surveys to date. You can take the survey results in an optimistic or pessimistic way. Optimists will point to the fact that 36% of respondents would be interested in switching their funds to crypto, for example, while pessimists will mention that 50% of respondents had no interest in cryptocurrency.

It’s also important to note that YouGov is an online data analytics company. That means the results are inevitably skewed towards representing people who are already on the internet. 79% of respondents reported knowing about bitcoin, for example, but those respondents are all connected to the internet. If we were to take a more representative study of America as a whole, it seems unlikely that 4 in 5 would have heard of bitcoin.

While the crypto landscape changes, we’re still a long ways away from widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies as a unit of account. This survey, however, shows that the public is interested in crypto – or at least aware of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Courtesy. bitcoinexchangeguide.com
After large jumps and falls at the beginning of the week, the rate more or less stabilized. At the same time, it still keeps the growth trend, and it is very pleasing. I hope wave is still long.
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 11:56:12 AM

The American community is law-abiding. The opinion of regulators is very important for them. Moreover, now the media does not say anything good about cryptocurrencies. Therefore, most americans are negatively disposed towards cryptocurrencies.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:03:25 PM

Can we get this number to 100% one day?
Although the 80% mark is already pretty awesome!

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
panfils

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:09:28 PM

I would like to know what about the rest of the world.
I'm pretty sure in some countries, we're like at 20/30% and this is NOT good.
burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

I believe that is true. There are many surveys about the bitcoin and cryprocurrency in almost every counrty regularly and the results always rising up. For the USA %80 very high number because the USA has problems with ICO's. The American people can't join most of the ICO's. Think about if is not? I believe that soon they will remove this limitation about cryptos. I think the goverments searching taxing system about it. And soon they will find and it will effect the market in very positive way.

reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:56:48 PM

In the near future will be looking for people who have not heard of bitcoin. Mention about bitcoin is now almost everywhere: news feeds, television programs, advertising on the Internet, even advertising in the metro. Therefore, it is not surprising that the vast majority of people already know about bitcoin.
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

For all people's dont already know about bitcoin and they always say what's bitcoin and popular name for them to know this cryptocurrency even 80% americans heard about bitcoin they are late about it to learn for a late time for them also.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:34:28 PM

Very positive result! I bet after 5 more years, those 80% will be holding Bitcoins in any amount and using them.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

I just wanna share this information. Here in my country whenever I asked someone whether they know bitcoin or not, they always say that they know what it is but they just don't know how to get it. And most of the people I've asked actually doubt it. Anyway, because of its growth last year, I think it became more popular than before.

GAGA GRAY

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:21:42 PM

Yes thats true, but most of the people are now afraid to invest in bitcoin as its price is gone down.
RadjorBlade

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:06:03 PM

More and more people know about bitcoin every day. Unfortunately, not all people are positive about him, but the fact that they at least imagine what he is - is already good.
80% of Americans hear about bitcoin, but hearing doesn't mean being a bitcoin user. Bitcoin is very popular because it revolutionizes the financial system that has been controlled by the central bank, where the price of bitcoin is fully the result of transactions based on agreements in the bitcoin market.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:30:44 PM

It is so wonderful because all we know that Americans is businessminded like before if other nations have an idea or invention of a new products they will study and investment to become a successful business investment. Now that most of them heard and already know about bitcoin  this is a good sign that there is a chance that bitcoin can be centralized currency all over the world because they are a big and richest country so they can start an early innovation for bitcoin if they want. They also have enough budget to support every business stablishment to try and develop the bitcoin industry.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:06:16 PM

The above survey shows , it is indeed a good news that 80 percentage of the American people have heard of bitcoin and out of which a good percentage of the people might have taken interest to  study in detail. If they are worked out the merits and demerits of bitcoin definitely it will reflect in the bitcoin market. Like wise out of the global community the percentage of the bitcoin awareness is considerably increasing day by day.The specialty in bitcoin is that it is linked with the modern technology  with specific and attractive features such as a decentralized one with anonymity and its all transactions are recorded in an electronic ledger with block chain technology.Bitcoins network systems are very strong.and the block chain technology ensures its clarity and the security systems in order.So globally its reputation has wide spread every where and its features are very attractive to the investors and hence America is one of the bitcoin loving country to use for their daily requirements.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: