Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Survey Shows 80% Of Americans Have Heard Of Bitcoin  (Read 2791 times)
CrazyHarpy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

whenever we get to know about something positive that inspires us a lot this news is also something like that and I am happy that bitcoin is achieved this amount of popularity among the world, hopefully the situation will be more progressive and better day by day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

It sounds like a good news but at the second glance it sounds too exaggerated. I mean to some estimations about 2 millions people in the whole world have heard or using Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, which is not a large number, so 80% is realy huge percantage even for America.
It's true that interest for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is rising, still it needs to be carefuly checked how realy relevant is this survey.

Yes, I also think that 80% is too exaggerated. That's where some 25% I think a more realistic number. Of course, I could be wrong and that's all need to check, but I'll stick with the idea that 80% is unreal.
GlassBullet

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:42:29 PM

we know this kind of survey is very helpful for knowing the market conditions, if it is bad or good you will get to know about everything but luckily this time the news is good and we are happy that people are getting to know about this
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:45:00 PM

yes i guess we can say about 70% on the whole world have heard of Bitcoin but only 2-5 % owns Bitcoins or even have a Wallet.....
i hope more and more start using Bitcoin in  next years i have some time Wink

regards
Patriode

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

this survey has provided us a very positive result it is good that people are started to know about this, publicity is highly needed for success so if people have started knowing about this then there is a high chance that they will also start investing here as well
Cybora9

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:57:18 PM

The survey gives us very positive results. here we can see more than 79% of respondents reported knowing about bitcoin. that mean it will good for crypto market.
YellowRose

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:43:54 PM

this survey shows positive result and it will help make positive impact. people are increasing their interest day by day. it will more reputable and secure. its future are also good.
FrozenPhantom

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

More and more people now a days engage in bitcoin platform. In U.S bitcoin promote in different ways. Some place people can exchange product through bitcoin. So most of the amarecian know about bitcoin.
Reality5

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

It is not just enough for 80% of Americans have heard of Bitcoin. My question is, has the 80% started using it? Definitely not.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:53:14 PM

- Approximately half (49%) of respondents said they were “Glad I didn’t buy bitcoin earlier, and I don’t plan to buy it”; 15%, meanwhile, wished they “had bought bitcoin earlier, but I feel like it’s too late now

People probably thought the same when bitcoin went from $700+- to $2000+- at around Q3 last year. And people will have the same opinions when we get back to the $20,000 range. Ohwell.

Agree, the cycle just keeps repeating itself. I believe there is somehow wrong perspective that mainstream has for cryptocurrencies investment that bottlenecks its adoption.
Proctopus90

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:15:33 PM

bitcoin is new in currency market. this survery proves that how much it become popular within short time. 80% of popularity is not a joke.
RoadRascal

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:24:11 PM

bitcoin is one of latest best currency in crypto market. how much it become popular which proves the survey report. 80% means all the people are know about bitcoin. because other 20% we can consider as children and old man.
RockFlash

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:27:38 PM

it's good news that maximum people are know the basic of bitcoin. bitcoin is new actually, in the short time bitcoin reach on that level. it's really a great achievement for bitcoin.
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

People who have access to internet have heard about bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Even my grandparents know what bitcoin is. News travel fast in the world
IndependentWild87

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:35:32 PM

Americans are always one step ahead in everything and specially whatever new comes they always welcome it and thats why they are number one.
RoadRascal

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:41:24 PM

I think this survey proves how popular Bitcoin as a virtual currency in the United States. But in general, other countries except the United States are a little bit lagging behind this popularity of Bitcoin.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:49:34 PM

Good for America people because they now have heard about Bitcoin and I hope this number will be increasing day by day and follow by people from other countries as well. I think the American will accept bitcoin as their payment for their living needs.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:56:07 PM

It's great that so many people have claimed to have heard of bitcoin or at least cryptocurrency. It would be interested to give a survey to countries a little less developed to see if the idea has been floating around at all there. It's interesting how many of the younger generation claimed that they would be willing to switch their USD currency into crypto. Also, it would be interesting to give a survey that asks people if they are familiar with how exactly the system works.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 03:15:28 PM

There was a significant growth in the attention towards Crypto industry in last few years. However, to be specific, the year 2017 was the year when Bitcoin and blockchain technology went mainstream. Thus, it has the potential for exponential growth in the coming years. We will be able to see Bitcoin accepted here boards hanging in most of the corners around the world in next 5 to 10 years from now.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:33:58 PM

A few years ago, bitcoin was a niche tech toy for nerds. Today, bitcoin has grown to become a household name.

The vast majority of people in the developed world have heard of bitcoin. That idea was reinforced this past week with the release of a survey from YouGov.

That survey indicated that 79% of Americans have heard of bitcoin. Additionally, nearly half of millennials wish to invest in bitcoin.

The online survey collected information from 2 million respondents across the United States. You can view the full study here. YouGov is an international online-based market research company headquartered in London.

Some of the most interesting facts gathered from the survey include:

- 79% of Americans are familiar with at least one kind of cryptocurrency

- 71% of Americans have heard of bitcoin

-The next-leading cryptocurrency is Ether/Ethereum, with 13% of Americans claiming they’ve heard of it

- Men are significantly more likely than women to report hearing about a cryptocurrency: 27% of women claim
 they have not heard of any cryptocurrency, while 16% of men chose the same answer

- Litecoin was the third most recognizable cryptocurrency, with 18% of men reportedly knowing about Litecoin and 5% of women

- Despite the widespread acknowledgement of bitcoin, few respondents were directly involved with the world’s largest cryptocurrency; of those who had heard of bitcoin, 87% have had no interaction with it, which means they haven’t bought, sold, or mined bitcoin

- Approximately half (49%) of respondents said they were “Glad I didn’t buy bitcoin earlier, and I don’t plan to buy it”; 15%, meanwhile, wished they “had bought bitcoin earlier, but I feel like it’s too late now”
Relatively few people have any immediate plans to buy bitcoin, according to the survey, despite the fact that over one third (36%) of respondents believe cryptocurrency will become widely accepted

- Cryptocurrencies continue to have a stigma associated with illegal transactions, with 25% of respondents claiming that they believe most cryptocurrency transactions are for illegal purposes; an additional 19% said cryptocurrencies were used equally for legal and illegal purposes, with 17% reporting that cryptocurrencies were used more for legal than illegal purposes

- Among millennials, approximately half are interested in cryptocurrency: 48% reported being interested in cryptocurrency, with 50% claiming they were not interested

- A narrow majority of respondents (57%) said they would not be interested in converting into crypto away from the US Dollar, with one third (36%) claiming they would be interested in converting the majority of their funds to cryptocurrency

Overall, this study provides one of the best views of public opinion towards cryptocurrency. With 2 million respondents, the YouGov survey was bigger than most other crypto surveys to date. You can take the survey results in an optimistic or pessimistic way. Optimists will point to the fact that 36% of respondents would be interested in switching their funds to crypto, for example, while pessimists will mention that 50% of respondents had no interest in cryptocurrency.

It’s also important to note that YouGov is an online data analytics company. That means the results are inevitably skewed towards representing people who are already on the internet. 79% of respondents reported knowing about bitcoin, for example, but those respondents are all connected to the internet. If we were to take a more representative study of America as a whole, it seems unlikely that 4 in 5 would have heard of bitcoin.

While the crypto landscape changes, we’re still a long ways away from widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies as a unit of account. This survey, however, shows that the public is interested in crypto – or at least aware of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Courtesy. bitcoinexchangeguide.com

Not a secret if america is the largest cryptocurrency community followed by china.
I think there are some group of american that rule the crypto movement, and they know what will happen next.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: