Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:46:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still believe in predictions of "experts" about the bitcoin price?  (Read 3323 times)
Gabb (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

I believe that we should never trust 100% in any prediction about it, even if that person is presented as the greatest expert or master on the subject, because we must always keep in mind that at the beginning of 2017, when the price of bitcoin was just in $1,000, none of those alleged "gurus" was able to predict that the price of bitcoin would reach $20k some months later. And besides, neither was able to predict the tremendous collapse that the market would suffer next.

If those relevant historical events went completely unnoticed by the "experts", I think none of them has real bases to present themselves these days announcing that bitcoin will reach this or that price by the end of the year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lazygin006

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:06:36 PM

Nope. Never trust anyone especially like youtubers claiming they know so much about the crypto markets. In fact a lot of them are just making videos to get fame.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:08:48 PM

Gosh!!! I wish I did but its almost impossible seeing how after one bad news the entire network of BTC price just collapsed. I think its impossible to have BTC go anywhere near 10k again or even beyond given how unstable the market is and how easily it fluctuates.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:29:33 PM

Realistically how can anyone predict anything other than a generalisation
about the future of Bitcoin? Everyone knows that bitcoin will grow in
adoption, utilisation and value but putting a number on it is impossible
so I dont pay too much attention to what "experts" say other than maybe
Charlie Lee.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:32:48 PM

Probably not. I do not believe to anyone here they are experts in cryptocurrency. Because we all know that noone can ever predict what will be the price of bitcoin.

deli.mehmet1

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:46:46 PM

Not all, but I believe in some.They are usually speculation. But there are comments that I find really logical. Actually, if you follow the market, you'll know who's actually making the right guess.
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:47:18 PM

It is very difficult to predict what bitcoin will reach in the short and medium term. Many experts still maintain their predictions that bitcoin will hit their ATH this year and I hope they are right but as a long-term investor I try not to worry so much about the short term
GymClassHeroes

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:50:13 PM

Most predictions are based on past history which may not be repeated, there are as such no guarantees, also the market seem to do its own thing these days as there is so much manipulation that will always mess up the best of technical analysis , you can't tell when whales will dump on the market. I don't trust in predictions
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:58:20 PM

I've stopped paying attention to price predictions after my first few months in crypto - most of the times they just react to sudden price movements. When the price moves up 5-10%, "experts" start talking how we enter bull market and that the price will go to the moon soon, and then it's the same with price drops - 5-10% crash or more, and everyone talk about bear markets and doom. Also, the interesting thing is that most of the times predictions are either overblown or too humble, I don't remember a prediction that was somewhat accurate - no one predicted the $20k ATH, the $6k floor and so on.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:01:43 PM

There’s no need to believe in any of the feel good and don’t miss out future Bitcoin price prediction, the Bitcoin price and all the Altcoins prices are already so high now, that guessing on a  even higher future price are clearly speculations.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Its only prediction of course it wont be 100% accurate, the expert are speculating using data, chart and and market history, they cant predict the news or the market situation nowadays, and usually the expert onlyn can predict a short term with a normal market, people's speculation can only for reference, don't 100% believe it
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:04:36 PM

Predictions is not trustworthy even it came from some experts because market is difficult to predict and even the price of all digital coins. It always rely on the number of demands and supply in the market if it will increase or not. But sometimes prediction could help someone to stay strong and continue to believe that someday bitcoin price and other cons will increase more.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

when i see people who only use a chart. and they then draw lines using past price data. i call them trend ANALS (TA) not technical analysts(TA)

you cannot predict a future price by only looking at a past price. it doesnt work that way.
what ends up actually happening is bots stupidly get programmed to repeat the past. thus its not predicting the future. its just created a repeat.

proper technical analysts look at the causes of the past. such as knowing that october 2013 was due to ASICS raising the "acquisition cost" of bitcoin due to hashrate rise asics caused and the higher price of equipment/electric to hash that increase.
ofcourse the HYPE (emotion/speculation) quadrupled the price above the acquisition cost. but then when bad news hit. it corrected down

the reason 2014 bottomed out at no lower than $250 but was higher than 2013'a low of $100. was that the $250 of 2014 was the underlying bottom value of acquisition costs that no one is foolish to sell below.

the 2017 spike was not about hash power. because november2017-march2018 had no change in ASIC tech. the 2017 spike was PURE HYPE of the "segwitx1 locked, segwitx2 rekt" which is what the big bankers were waiting for and contracted paid devs to push through so the devs can release their tranch of funds for meeting their contractual duty. the bankers then went on a big buying round and speculators got all warm and fuzzy that some drama event and code finally got to its november2017 deadline.

ofcourse because "acquisition costs" didnt go up as fast as the speculation. that spike too was corrected down.
which then resulted with prices staying low and near the acquisition costs. which fluctuated above $5.8k due to a few different reasons.
in short if you see someone say "price will move because of X prior date did this" they are trend anals
if you see someone talk about the acquisition costs of mining and they actually explain when a spike happens there is nothing backing its cost so expect it to pop and correct. then they are more of the technical analysts.

however even technical analysts that actually look for causes in reality.. cannot predict the precise time. or how high it will go. they can only suggest if a large movement is backed by real costs that people will refuse to sell below. which will hold a price at a new bottom.. or if the acquisitions costs have not increased. then expect it to correct back down to the per hype value(but cant predict when)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Aweasadbek

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:25:02 PM

Predict something is impossible. All this stuff depends on political and social events relating to bitcoin.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:26:28 PM

Yes, I agree with you that we do not trust them 100% because what the master says even though they are currently unable to prove or show how bitcoin in the future they only exist when bitcoin rises.
really fooling if anyone believes in people who can predict the price of bitcoin.
we don't need to believe in them. I think self-understanding is better than believing in the results of others and that is not necessarily the truth.

Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:28:58 PM

Who’s expert in prediction, btw?
How can I trust that prediction where in fact this market is unpredictable. I only listen to those news/predictions, I still read it buy I don’t believe on it 100%. The only way to win in this market to have your own strategies, and to have more research about the market.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:48:19 PM

I believe that we should never trust 100% in any prediction about it, even if that person is presented as the greatest expert or master on the subject, because we must always keep in mind that at the beginning of 2017, when the price of bitcoin was just in $1,000, none of those alleged "gurus" was able to predict that the price of bitcoin would reach $20k some months later. And besides, neither was able to predict the tremendous collapse that the market would suffer next.

There are no experts in this market. Bitcoin has been around for less than a decade. Most of the commentators you see on TV don't understand the technology nor its built-in economic incentives. I don't take their predictions seriously at all.

I do remember sensible people warning of the upcoming crash once the price went vertical and into 5 figures. After all, a crash is only natural after the kind of rise we saw in 2017. If you hadn't been through a Bitcoin "bubble" before, now you know.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:06:20 AM

Never have. Never will. It's just pissing in the wind, especially the short term stuff they appear to be addicted to.

Check that review of predictions made at the start of 2014 - https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-predictions-2014-pundits-fared/

If they had half a brain they'd stick to longer term predictions but I guess that gets them on less TV shows.

Master of Shitcoins

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:40:49 AM
Merited by eddie13 (1)

Well, these days everyone calls himself "expert". I'm still very careful to all these experts claiming to predict BTC price, because it's not possible to predict any price, even the trend is very difficult to predict and maybe it's better to dice it, who knows...

Let's tame all shitcoins!
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:48:47 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 04:22:31 PM by javadsalehi

If some one is really expert in predicting the market, I will trust him/her. But no one is expert in this market. No one can predict the market. There are some people that are just famous and people think they are expert. But they aren't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: