Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: warning for everyone is storing private key on evernote  (Read 271 times)
dungthuy (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:57:51 AM

I am hacked my eth address when i store private key on evernote,I don't know how can they access my evernote  and they steal my private key and all eth and my altcoin,they edit my private key to I can't use my eth address,i see this account has many trans from many other eth address  to this eth address,so i want warning everyone don't use evernote to store private key,here address hacked:0xe4969252150846F85EDE66E7bf7407ab5E5A0697
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:03:44 PM

Everyone want to write down their private key to paper and you up your private key to a online note. This is a lesson to you.  Undecided So, keep your wallets safe and install an anti-virus software before you lost your wallets again.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:11:32 PM

I am hacked my eth address when i store private key on evernote,I don't know how can they access my evernote  and they steal my private key and all eth and my altcoin,they edit my private key to I can't use my eth address,i see this account has many trans from many other eth address  to this eth address,so i want warning everyone don't use evernote to store private key,here address hacked:0xe4969252150846F85EDE66E7bf7407ab5E5A0697

Do you understand how evernote actually work? When you write something it is stored on their server thus people who work for evernote are able to access what you type, when you type etc. It is far from being private. Problem with you is that you haven't don't your homework to understand what is bitcoin, ethereum and other cryptocurrencies in order to be able to know more about security. If you've done your homework however you would know that STORING your private keys ONLINE is the WORST you can be doing. Don't trust 3rd party providers with your money, crypto was made so that you are in control not others.
umrohyuk

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:47:46 PM

It is a warning and caution for crypto users to keep secure their private key of the wallets, otherwise they are going to be hacked. Because all our transaction or activities in our wallets are save on the server, that makes the hacker can easily access and get our accounts. We should take the lesson from this case. Improving our security of wallets. 
dungthuy (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:53:54 PM

I am hacked my eth address when i store private key on evernote,I don't know how can they access my evernote  and they steal my private key and all eth and my altcoin,they edit my private key to I can't use my eth address,i see this account has many trans from many other eth address  to this eth address,so i want warning everyone don't use evernote to store private key,here address hacked:0xe4969252150846F85EDE66E7bf7407ab5E5A0697

Do you understand how evernote actually work? When you write something it is stored on their server thus people who work for evernote are able to access what you type, when you type etc. It is far from being private. Problem with you is that you haven't don't your homework to understand what is bitcoin, ethereum and other cryptocurrencies in order to be able to know more about security. If you've done your homework however you would know that STORING your private keys ONLINE is the WORST you can be doing. Don't trust 3rd party providers with your money, crypto was made so that you are in control not others.
if I understand i don't loss my money,i think it safe because I have to store on my phone and i chosen evernote,this is lesson for me so i want warning everyone
dungthuy (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

It is a warning and caution for crypto users to keep secure their private key of the wallets, otherwise they are going to be hacked. Because all our transaction or activities in our wallets are save on the server, that makes the hacker can easily access and get our accounts. We should take the lesson from this case. Improving our security of wallets. 
yes,this is watning for everyone,i think everyone should edit private key and remember where we edit to when fill provate key we will edit again,if anyone steal private key they can use because this private key is wrong
Tobt

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:46:34 AM

Storing private information's on Evernote is very risky. I have heard from people before that their security system can easily be overridden. So i think no one should post their personal information's in here.
Walter edmond

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:50:31 PM

Why would anyone store their private informations online? There's thoushand of hackers are lurking on the internet for those information, Doing this will eventually lead you to scamming.
PoliteHyena

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:51:05 PM

Evernote is never for storing personal informations. Because all you store in their server is completely visible to the people who work for them. I think you learned your lesson.
m.awanda

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:10:08 PM

Keys must be kept in personal and secured way. Evernote is not secured in any kind of way. The developers have the access on your note without you being noticed . as the keys are everything in crypto it is better to store the key by writing it down in a paper. And store it somewhere safe physically.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:11:52 PM

First thing about storing private keys, and passwords is to store them offline and not online. You just cant be secure if it is somewhat online.
GreenSeem

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:17:36 PM

This case more like personal fault, you can't blame evernote. Ask yourself why someone can access your evernote. I appreciate this information, it can be some lesson for us.
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:47:34 PM

Place your private keys on a sheet of paper and an encrypted thumb drive (2-3 of them).  Stop using fancy plugins and all this other stuff you do not need in the mix.  A sheep of paper and pencil is your best defense against hackers.  To beat technology you must go to the stone age. 
Thesaintplague

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

https://www.jacs.tech/

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:55:53 PM

Wow. It seems to me that you are very bad about your own crypto security, which led to the loss of personal funds that were stored on the wallet. Is it really so difficult to save a private key on a flash drive? Or print on paper? Or get a tattoo with a private key? It would be a lot safer than keeping it in the Evernote.

JACS   ♦♦♦   Internet 3.0 Decentralized Infrastructure
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.jacs.tech/     ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

If i am not mistaking, evernote should be an online note and anything online can easily be hacked if care is not taken. Thanks for alerting forum members though, but next time, i would advise if you are going to even store on a devise and not online note this time or perhaps on your e-mail, it would be better you omit some parts of it that you have written down or can easily remember.
Upercusa

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:02:18 PM

This application often connects to the Internet without a permission. Hackers know this and hack this way a lot of wallets, mails, etc.
GreenSeem

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:57:18 AM

This application often connects to the Internet without a permission. Hackers know this and hack this way a lot of wallets, mails, etc.

I think that isn't as easy as that, I believe this is personal fault such as a weak password or OP using a similar password for several accounts.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:30:29 AM

wherever you want to save a private key, then I suggest to add some special characters and place them in a line that you can easily remember. so when you want to enter a private key then you must delete the character that you added earlier. anyone cant access our wallet, if they do not delete the character that we have added.
Welinigh

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:07:18 AM

In the website so many wallets are available. So you can choose a good wallet which is secure and safe and install an antivirus software.
Salikha

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:23:40 AM

You have to be smart in storing your key.  The key is the only access to your crypto doesn’t matter what coin is it is all about the key. So you have to be very much careful there are many hard wallets to securely keep the keys you should try them. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: