Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott anti-bitcoiners movement. You discriminate Bitcoin, we boycott you.  (Read 3325 times)
danman87

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 07:33:34 PM

You guys should boycott Verifone as well since they don't allow Bitcoins to be used as financial transactions either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 06:35:16 AM

2 thumbs down for Katz Global

Hello,

Saturday, October 29, 2011, 9:39:07 PM, you wrote:

> Hi,
> You have many different payment options, some which are not anonymous such as Paypal.
> I was wondering if you have any plans to accept bitcoin as a payment option?
> Thanks

we do not accept bitcoin. Sorry.

--
Best regards,

Scott - Support

Katz Global

mailto:info@katzglobal.com
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 07:11:59 AM

So you're basically boycotting every company except Meze Grill.  Good luck with that.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 02:23:19 PM

Ofcourse we are all here discussing the boycott paypal stuff, but now I'm wondering if this thread isn't only linkbait from Vladimir to get some more users to his forum...
Very strange that one person starts a thread and then just abandons the discussion to others.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 02:50:04 PM

When i read Vlad's posts, i hear Arnold Schwarzenegger in my head...

Boycotts are lame. Vlad, you take care of Vlad and we all will make our own decisions with our purchases.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 03:44:19 PM

What about governments not taking taxes in bitcoins?
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 03:48:19 PM

Ofcourse we are all here discussing the boycott paypal stuff, but now I'm wondering if this thread isn't only linkbait from Vladimir to get some more users to his forum...
Very strange that one person starts a thread and then just abandons the discussion to others.

+1

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 05:28:30 PM

I considered going to bitcoin.org.uk, but decided against it since it does not appear to work well with JavaScript disabled.

I find client-side scripting distracting to the point of hurting my productivity. Client-side scripting allows websites to monopolize CPU time and memory usage. Client-side scripting takes control of the computer away from the user, while opening a whole class of security exploits.

Somebody who claims to be security conscious should know this.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
saethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 05:57:13 PM

Who would use paypal in regards to bitcoins, anyway?  Ever heard of a charge-back?
danman87

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 06:11:23 PM

Protection for the consumer. Nothing wrong with that,
Vladimir (OP)

-

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 07:04:00 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2011, 07:14:38 PM by Vladimir

I do not really care much about "linkbiting". Simply posted something and decided to cross-post here. If someone goes to one forum but not another or does not like websites which use javascript I do not really care about that either and it is offtopic anyway.

FYI I did not mean by "discrimination" not using bitcoin as payment method. That would really be quite stupid, would it not? What I meant by that is more active hostility towards bitcoin, like suspending accounts because bitcoin is simply mentioned etc...

As for boycott thing, it is a voluntary I simply offered to share opinions not commanded you all to alter your behaviour based on some party line.

I personally boycott SONY (and I like that very much) I avoid ebay and paypal as much as I can. I never ever used that webshop thing and I am not going to anyway, hence this is irrelevant.

Whether any of you want to do something like that or not is your own decision.

The only reason for this thread is facilitate sharing of opinions on the matter. Though, still it seems anything posted here mostly only facilitates trolls growling or something that otherwise not worth the effort needed to respond to.

-
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 08:09:22 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2011, 08:27:34 PM by phillipsjk

I have no hard feeling over the scripting; just stating I investigated the alternative forum and decided to stay away from it.

Back on topic, I already boycott paypal because I have no assurance the merchant is going to get paid when I send funds via paypal. I also don't use credit cards because I actually read the fine-print. I have stopped visiting a local retailer because they sell Lexmark printers without warning their customers about the unreasonable "Patent License" printed on the box (by implication, I may have to avoid most non-specialty retailers selling computer equipment).

I am now glad I never bought a PS3 for use as a general-purpose computer. I agree Sony products should be avoided. I also feel that Microsoft products should be avoided as well. Until the introduction of Windows Vista and the "Protected Media Path," I was willing to accept the "best tool for the job" argument. Now that general-purpose computers are being phased out, I am looking for alternatives. About 2 years ago I recommended that my brother use Intel components for his computer. Since the introduction of "Intel Insider", yet another DRM scheme introduced/supported by Intel (in addition to DTCP, HDCP, CPRM), I am now avoiding Intel products as well.

I think the person pointing out that Bitcoin has such a tiny market that a boycott will not be effective is correct. We need to look at the larger picture and boycott products designed to betray the user. The security of the bitcoin network depends on it.

Edit: I sent a paper letter to ebay's recommended escrow provider, encouraging them to accept/act as an escrow for bitcoins. If anything comes of it and suddenly you are allowed to use bitcoin for big-ticket ebay auctions, should the ebay boycott be maintained?

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 09:20:55 PM

I do not really care much about "linkbiting". Simply posted something and decided to cross-post here. If someone goes to one forum but not another or does not like websites which use javascript I do not really care about that either and it is offtopic anyway.

FYI I did not mean by "discrimination" not using bitcoin as payment method. That would really be quite stupid, would it not? What I meant by that is more active hostility towards bitcoin, like suspending accounts because bitcoin is simply mentioned etc...

As for boycott thing, it is a voluntary I simply offered to share opinions not commanded you all to alter your behaviour based on some party line.

I personally boycott SONY (and I like that very much) I avoid ebay and paypal as much as I can. I never ever used that webshop thing and I am not going to anyway, hence this is irrelevant.

Whether any of you want to do something like that or not is your own decision.

The only reason for this thread is facilitate sharing of opinions on the matter. Though, still it seems anything posted here mostly only facilitates trolls growling or something that otherwise not worth the effort needed to respond to.

You try to lure people to your forum ( That's how it seemed to me too. Most forums I frequent don't allow crosspostings from other forums, especially ones devoted to the same subject. ) and you call us trolls? Because we don't want to join your "boycott anti-bitcoiners movement"?  It seems clear that you are not just sharing your personal preference for who you do business with, but are in fact trying to rally support for that movement.  Nothing really wrong with that but please don't try and tell us it is something else, now that it seems no one is interested. 

I expected better from you Vladimir.   Undecided

Vladimir (OP)

-

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:00:18 AM

Portnoy, CornedBeefHash:

1. I do not care what you think.
2. Man can change his mind once in a while. (but now it seems that the original decision to leave this forum was quite a good one)
3. If you want to tell me where and what I can post or not, or if you want to tell me now that I am not allowed to post something here or there you little kids can go to hell, or more specifically to my ignore list.

-
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:12:30 AM

Tell us if you would like to join BABM (boycott anti-bitcoiners movement) and who you personally are going to boycott.

No, I would not join. Bitcoin needs to win on its own merits. If Bitcoin is better/fairer/safer/more-useful/scalable/viable/etc, it'll win on its inherent qualities, which is the way things should indeed work.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Vladimir (OP)

-

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:15:53 AM

Tell us if you would like to join BABM (boycott anti-bitcoiners movement) and who you personally are going to boycott.

No, I would not join. Bitcoin needs to win on its own merits. If Bitcoin is better/fairer/safer/more-useful/scalable/viable/etc, it'll win on its inherent qualities, which is the way things should indeed work.

Fair point. Thank You.

-
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: