Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW to 100% avoid SCAM ICOs  (Read 2497 times)
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:35:42 PM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups. But in order to avoid it, we just need to invest only in ICOs, which use Escrow. That's it.

No product progress = no money.
Easy to say but nowadays its rare to see for a certain team to let escrows handle the money had been accumulated on the sale.Either they do have doubts to the escrow itself even no matter how trustable it is when it comes on handling millions of USD you cant assure if those trustable escrows wont able to be tempted to steal off that's why we don't really see such thing. So in either both sides theres no guarantee but I agree on the fact that  having a product would really be more appealing to invest on.

I remember when ICO trend was starting. Almost every startup was using Escrow. But then the hype was so huge that ICOs decided dont use it and it was a fault. Now investors dont believe even to good projects.
Yeah, I remember those days too where most of them being held of on escrow because this do give out trust to the public since the funds accumulated is being held by escrow and the trend goes big and coming to a point where ICO is already being used to make scams of millions of dollars and in effect it do really affect even the legit and good projects which they didn't even reach out their cap and that's the sad reality as of now.
Jamota459

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

This is very difficult to know and find out if the ICO is a scam. Mostly they were responsive to messages. And all others things. At the end you only find out it was a scam
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups. But in order to avoid it, we just need to invest only in ICOs, which use Escrow. That's it.

I have seen that kind of ICO that every fund that they earn there will be an allocation for funding the bounty campaign and the idea is very nice so hopefully it will happen in the future so that the people wont have any doubt joining bounty campaign.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:51:20 PM

An escrow ICO is a must in couple years. When no one is willing invest traditional ICO. We are not there yet but, we will definitely get there. There is no problem for legit team and project. It targets scam mostly.
amir lusik

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:07:47 PM

It is difficult to identify  scam projects . many projects lack transparency, so we hope there will be a mechanism to neutralize fraud in the future.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:28:20 PM

I don't think escrows apply to investors in an ICO.
Do your due research, on the project, team, product, process.
There is no 100% guarantee that you would pick up on all scam projects. You would be less prone to getting duped.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Indick123

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:31:52 PM

It is not easy to recognized scam since some of ICO project are not visible to all the participants, the only way I think to avoid scam is to build software that signify .
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:02:16 AM

The best way is don't invest  Smiley. This year is a difficult year for ICO after the explosion of ICO in 2017.

Investment is really risky but if we have a knowledge on how to avoid it we will not take risk our money to much.  But if we invest without knowing if the project is good or not.. We are just like wasting our money and our efforts will be go in vain.  That's why before we participate in investing we need to make we are knowledgeable enough..
ABYANSYARIF

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

www.savedroid.com

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:41:29 PM

the only way to avoid 100% scam ICO, is not joining ICO,but you will lost chance to get profit from good ICO

In my opinion, there are no profitable ICOs this year. I followed many projects and the price of their tokens fell after the release of the exchange. Can you tell me what have been successful ICO this year?

you might want to read this, https://cryptovest.com/features/5-most-profitable-icos-of-2018-so-far/
i dont know whether it's true or not, you can always crosscheck

WWW.SAVEDROID.COM (https://www.savedroid.com) - CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERY ONE - SIGN UP & STAY TUNED
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:59:30 PM

There are absolutely no guarantees to avoid scammers when investing in ICO. Even if you do not fall for scammers, there is still no guarantee that you will make a profit, the project just might fail. From this no one is immune.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:53:39 PM

It is difficult to identify  scam projects . many projects lack transparency, so we hope there will be a mechanism to neutralize fraud in the future.

I would say it is almost impossible. Good example - Centra Tech.
Good team, very strong support team and advisors - Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled and much more.
After ICO, price was going up, cards were sent. But, it all was a scam. All fake. Pity
AxeWin

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

I think this year for the ICO was not successful, many projects that went to the stock exchange in a couple of months were a trifle.
trextoken

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:44:45 PM

NOT ALL ARE SCAM
RobinGood

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

in any way! it's impossible! 100% definitely not
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:16:33 AM

I would say it is almost impossible. Good example - Centra Tech.
Good team, very strong support team and advisors - Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled and much more.
After ICO, price was going up, cards were sent. But, it all was a scam. All fake. Pity
I think ICO is one of reason make price of ETH down. All scam project receive many ETH then sell them with low price.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:58:41 AM

What we can do is proper research before any investment.

I most find very high rated project on ICOdrops and invest on them.
Ayston

Activity: 203

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:32:40 AM

There is no guaranty to know if a an ICO is scam or not... Since if the project is not a scam some project don't make it to the soft cap hence the project tends to fail so to make it successful you should also encourage others to make their social media more enthusiast to magnet the eye of possible investors..
cryptokingmaker

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:43:38 AM

An escrow ICO is a must in couple years. When no one is willing invest traditional ICO. We are not there yet but, we will definitely get there. There is no problem for legit team and project. It targets scam mostly.

You are right, it is possible only through with the Escrow but how long he should the funds in order to distribute the fund to the company, i think governments should control the escrow activity because they will release the amount to the company one the basis of the developments they do.
Jekbolt

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:49:49 AM

It is not easy to recognized scam since some of ICO project are not visible to all the participants, the only way I think to avoid scam is to build software that signify .

What do you mean saying a software that signify?

What signify? Are you talking about KYC for co-founders and other team members of ICO startups? Hm..most of ICOs are passing KYC on many trackers (ICO listing websites) with no positive effect.
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:16:18 PM

What we can do is proper research before any investment.

I most find very high rated project on ICOdrops and invest on them.

It is virtually impossible to completely avoid ICO scam. Even a very thorough research do not give 100% guarantee the project will not turn into a scam. Often, even highly rated ICOs may prove to be a failure.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: