Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 03:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW to 100% avoid SCAM ICOs  (Read 2497 times)
Fritz93

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:54:44 PM

I believe that this is absolutely impossible, at least for the time being. You are always at risk by investing in ICO. However, I want to say that only those who do nothing do not make mistakes. It is necessary with all responsibility and caution to approach the choice of the project for investment.
Indick123

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:46:38 PM

I think we are in scam world now it is very difficult to know scam ICO at early stage of campaign or in the middle but to avoid scam we need to pay attention to their websites whether they have already in exchange before starting invest I think this method will avoid scam.
Panda.Panna

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:02:49 PM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups. But in order to avoid it, we just need to invest only in ICOs, which use Escrow. That's it.

No product progress = no money.
I think the mistaken opinion that 90% of scam, then in general, payments would not have been for the year, I think that it's just necessary to better choose a bounty company, and monitor it.
Torontello

Activity: 331
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:26:45 PM

What does it mean "scam".  Is it a definition of not- honest team that got money and run away after ICO?

Or it means a project that could not raise soft cap during its ICO?
AlexKr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

Even with the most careful selection of ICO, it is impossible to be 100 percent sure of this. Too much of this does not depend on you.
Clif4d

Activity: 150
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:52:39 AM

You must check out the following.. When looking out for the best Bounty's..
Their white paper
2,check out for their token Price's
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:19:39 AM

Even with the most careful selection of ICO, it is impossible to be 100 percent sure of this. Too much of this does not depend on you.
Correct. Sometimes the best are even hiding in curtains that you can't reveal at the beginning. How about not completely investing to ICOs so you can have 100% assurance of avoiding it.
What does it mean "scam".  Is it a definition of not- honest team that got money and run away after ICO?

Or it means a project that could not raise soft cap during its ICO?
You said it the first one, running away with investors funds and has no real project to operate. ICOs that won't reach soft caps are usually stopped and funds are returned to the investors.

Esofdemon

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:47:55 PM

You can not avoid scam ICOs for 100%, because nobody knows what will happen in future. You can analyze ICOs and be sure in your investment for 90%, not more.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups. But in order to avoid it, we just need to invest only in ICOs, which use Escrow. That's it.

No product progress = no money.
The bounty program on this forum on average does not use escrow to pay for bounty hunters when the ICO project ends. The token will be distributed by the ICO developer so that the campign bounty manager just counts the number of tokens that must be sent by the developer to the participant. Unless an ICO project has a signature campaign and is paid with BTC instead of a token, there are several and almost all projects need escrow to pay for each participant.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
vladdracula06660

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

From it nobody is insured I think it would be useful to listen to the estimates of professionals the level if you do not razbiraetes I think it will reduce the level of losing money !
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

I want to share the signs of unscrupulous projects, these signs can be safely applied to almost 90% of the released projects. This will save your time and money:
- Projects that have collected more than one million dollars, because this is a sign that the project already has enough funds and the profitability ratio is reduced, try to look for a project with a smaller fee.
- Projects that ask for more than $ 5 million are suspicious because blockchain adoption requires much lower costs.
- Projects offering a token discount of more than 20% are also questionable because the price of the token after being placed on the exchange may fall much lower than the placement price.
- it is also not profitable to invest in projects with large marketing costs (more than 50 thousand dollars). Such projects become widely known, and it is more profitable to invest in a unknown but unique project.
Any of these points - the basis for refusal. Do not be fooled: a huge ICO of 500 million dollars is unlikely to grow ten times after entering the stock exchange. Although, of course, there are exceptions.
But, how to 100% avoid scam ICOs? - dont invest at all))))
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:58:40 AM

Escrow on ICO’s? I think its not possible not unless you are talking about signature/bounty campaign. It’s still hard to avoid scam ICO’s because even they have escrowed bounty campaign they still failed on their project after that, so your money will be loss for good. There is still no guaranteed profit when you invest on ICO, for me its better to buy token after listing on the exchange where token is more cheaper than the ICO price.
It is very possible and there were many icos in the past that used escrows, and in a way I agree with the OP, if we really want to avoid most of the scam icos in the market you need to invest only on icos that use escrows that are independent from the developer team and that are trusted by the community, that way if something goes wrong the escrows are going to protect the investors.
Gershonxer

Activity: 237
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:59:48 PM

How to avoid SCAM ICO
1. do a deep background checkup on the teams background
2. Too many promises about moon! Lambos from the team members.
3. Check its github activity to see what they are up to.
4. Deep read into its whitepaper, whats the ICO, is it a security or utility token, is it a big money grab?
Jatawneh

Activity: 281
Merit: 18

Arabs Bitcoin CEO

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 09:22:21 PM

The best year of ICO was in 2017 and this year is a difficult for ICO but some ICO this year will make it and go on huge profit. 

active706

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:44:56 AM

It`s impossible to 100% avoid SCAM ICOs, but we can minimize chances by research work on project, idea, and team. Be wisely with your investments.
Indick123

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:57:24 AM

To avoid scam ico is not easy in crypto since is difficult to predict the future of currency.
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:26:49 PM

This is a very useful information but I still think it is not possible to eliminate scams totally in the ICOs unless there is an established body in place to check this projects from the unset and certify them good to invest in. Otherwise, all potential investors will run away from ICOs.
Oregano012
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:53:51 PM

no need for escrow, you just have to deeply research the project/ico before you jump in, blindly doing something will just hurt you . research for the team , how well is the community built and ofcourse what project&area it will tackle do that with due diligence and you will not just probably avoid scammy icos you might find a Really good and undervalued one. that just me tho goodluck hunting
Tuturtinular

Activity: 1022
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:00:30 AM

Avoiding an ICO scam is very difficult if you can't be careful, we just do a job without any results at all ... to reduce the risk of the ico project that is scam, I usually follow in the footsteps of the bounty manager who previously succeeded in the project they were working on.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:22:00 AM

I believe that this is absolutely impossible, at least for the time being. You are always at risk by investing in ICO. However, I want to say that only those who do nothing do not make mistakes. It is necessary with all responsibility and caution to approach the choice of the project for investment.

The risk of investing with the ICO will always be there, but its good for us to have more things to consider before we invest. Escrow in an ICO is not possible, maybe in the bounty campaign yes but still its not guaranteed that the ICO will succeed, this will depend on the investors if they see big potential on that ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: