Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges  (Read 81467 times)
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:24:28 AM

Such a nice theme for a coin, such a waste on yet another scrypt shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nemesisshaw

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:12:42 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 03:41:08 AM by nemesisshaw

Is there a profit calculator out for picoin?
Needs to hit a bigger exchange first.  Vote for it on mintpal and it's listed as PI piCoin.

PICoin: 59DKwFQFuRAWSXgZxcjt6264TP8wAu4kKf
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:18:11 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

picoin.charityminingpools.com - NOW OPEN!

PROMOTION!
First 50 miners to sign up and start mining will receive 0% Lifetime piCoin Pool Fees!  Sign up and start mining now before they are all gone!
* Does not apply to the Manadtory %0.75 Donation fees that go to Charity

Come mine while making a difference.

Mandatory 0.75% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.75% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.75% Pool Fees (0% Lifetime pi Pool Fees for the first 50 miners to sign up and mine), 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.75% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.75% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Wolf_Pack

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:22:30 PM

Is there a profit calculator out for picoin?
Needs to hit a bigger exchange first.  Vote for it on mintpal.

I started voting this morning.  I'd like to see this coin on a better exchange.

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
A-Self Evolving Virtual World
Built on Top of Blockchain
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
nemesisshaw

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:15:29 PM

Unfortunately all the hash power seems to have moved to one pool Sad but there are some good pools there!

Once the dev fix the difficulty I will do some cheering.  Once this coin hits preferably Mintpal but even Poloniex or CoinedUp will make it show up on CoinWarz!

onepix

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:43:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMq9he-5HUU
Pi song Cheesy
piCoinProject (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:11:59 PM

Unfortunately all the hash power seems to have moved to one pool Sad but there are some good pools there!

Once the dev fix the difficulty I will do some cheering.  Once this coin hits preferably Mintpal but even Poloniex or CoinedUp will make it show up on CoinWarz!

We're sending out emails this evening to several of these exchanges so if they decide we're a good fit for their exchange we may be on one of the CoinWarz "certified" exchanges sometime soon. CoinWarz isn't always the greatest thing for a coin as multipools are always selling (and hence buying has to keep up), but it's a natural step in progression that every coin has to go through as it rises to the top.

Update will go live tomorrow at 16:00 UTC.

We actually have some pretty good news. Obviously the update but also a new piCoin dice site launching this week according to the owners of the site. We got on exchanges way faster than most coins, so it can be hard for the buying demand to keep up in the beginning with the selling demand. This sort of thing is what increases buying demand, which is important on the journey to real world popularity.
TheRealSorcerer

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:03:39 PM

We actually have some pretty good news. Obviously the update but also a new piCoin dice site launching this week according to the owners of the site. We got on exchanges way faster than most coins, so it can be hard for the buying demand to keep up in the beginning with the selling demand. This sort of thing is what increases buying demand, which is important on the journey to real world popularity.
It's true that piCoin got on exchanges really fast but its price also went down really fast. I think it cannot be lower now, and the buy demand is low. I'd like to know what do you have in mind to make it raise again. I like this coin so I haven't sold any piCoin and I think I won't, at least at the moment.

nemesisshaw

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 10:31:28 PM by nemesisshaw

We're sending out emails this evening to several of these exchanges so if they decide we're a good fit for their exchange we may be on one of the CoinWarz "certified" exchanges sometime soon. CoinWarz isn't always the greatest thing for a coin as multipools are always selling (and hence buying has to keep up), but it's a natural step in progression that every coin has to go through as it rises to the top.
This is very true.  To me this coin seems like a good mixture of MintCoin and Dogecoin (without the meme attached).

It's true that piCoin got on exchanges really fast but its price also went down really fast. I think it cannot be lower now, and the buy demand is low. I'd like to know what do you have in mind to make it raise again. I like this coin so I haven't sold any piCoin and I think I won't, at least at the moment.
Noobs not understanding how markets work and instantly trying to sell their few pi to make table scraps.  Like I've seen people complain "Why am I mining this coin if there's no profit?" It's like.. dude, whatever you ever mined a launch coin before?  Cheesy

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:51:02 AM

Noobs not understanding how markets work and instantly trying to sell their few pi to make table scraps.  Like I've seen people complain "Why am I mining this coin if there's no profit?" It's like.. dude, whatever you ever mined a launch coin before?  Cheesy
[/quote]

Plus a lot of people got their free coins and just dumped them.

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:44:45 AM

Update will go live tomorrow at 16:00 UTC.

Is the block rebar get rate the only change in the update?

nemesisshaw

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:31:50 AM

pi1.okaypool.com is making a killing off withdrawls but it's the biggest pool! *grumble grumble*

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:33:43 AM

pi1.okaypool.com is making a killing off withdrawls but it's the biggest pool! *grumble grumble*

I started solo mining because of some of the fees the pools were charging.

nemesisshaw

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:16:16 AM

How's the luck with solo?

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:29:01 PM

How's the luck with solo?

I'm only using a single R9 270 to mine, but I've hit two blocks. I mined in a pool for about 18 hours and only generated 11k coins. I've been solo mining for 3 days now.

sellhimechoes

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:35:19 PM

I hope this coin is actually going to hold some value and not just be a typical 1 satoshi type coin.....
nemesisshaw

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:26:46 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:11:28 PM by nemesisshaw

I hope this coin is actually going to hold some value and not just be a typical 1 satoshi type coin.....
As long as the devs stay with the coin and it will retain some value.  I mean silly GrumpyCoin is valued at $5/day per 1MHash on CryptoRush currently.

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:58:42 PM

When will the updated wallet launch?

piCoinProject (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:11:55 PM

There are a few reasons for the low price.

1. There is always some risk when putting your money on an exchange. Now, we have nothing but great things to say about all exchanges that list piCoin so far, but a lot of members are naturally weary of these mid-tier exchanges. As a result, people are not comfortable putting bitcoin on the exchange. They're more than comfortable with selling the latest coin though, because the value is still uncertain and they're less attached to it.

2. Giveaways can sometimes hurt the price, especially so when one of the giveaways is on one of the first exchanges. Check all the exchanges - the price varies.

3. It really just got on the exchanges so fast. There wasn't enough time for enough demand to build. However, price will go up as the demand increases.

There have been very few articles about piCoin. All it takes is one article on a larger newssite and we're out of this hole.

Update Cancellation

We have decided to cancel this update. We feel it's in the best interest of this coin to not make the changes in the update. For right now we will be leaving the coin as is.

We apologize if this caused anyone any inconvenience.

Wolf_Pack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

We definitely need something to drive attention to the coin, just like Doge did with the Jamaican bobsled team.  Some good publicity would help attract attention. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: