Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reducing scam  (Read 17827 times)
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

yeah, i also encounter those we think that a really legit, knowing that their transparency of their project events and announcements, i know its hard to think that there are included with those scammers out there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jrfranco

Activity: 786
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 05:29:25 AM

Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.

Same thoughts also in my mind, how to reduce the ICO frauds and scam. Maybe, the thing we can do now is to educate our friends and or our social media friends that wanted to invest in any ICO, to take further study before investing in it, everybody should be aware of the fact, that the happenings of scam and ICO fraud, oftentimes happens because of the lack of knowledge to a certain project or has been hypes with some friends and or scattered news all over the web. Its our job initially, to educate the community behind us about what is really happening, this forum bitcointalk helps a lot to educate the newbies and investors itself.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:26:37 AM

We should built a team to check the projects if they are legit. I would say there would be no ICO without any community or professional check. We need to regulate the ICO market because it is not funny anymore, when even second project is a scam.
danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:54:31 AM

People are smart enough to avoid fraudulent ICO. Those who can not see directly in the face of counterfeiting, need to learn more.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:15:24 AM

We are our own regulatory department. We have to rely on the knowledge and information we hold when choosing an investment project and doing the right research. It is very difficult to imagine an authority to classify ICO projects in good or bad. There should be a kind of KYC for projects when they appear on Bitcointalk, team members being forced to write their real dates.
MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:04:55 AM

There is one great way to avoid counterfeits: Only use the old coins. I've never heard anything bad about BTC teams, ETH or LTC. That's the key.
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 12:04:18 PM

in my opinion the solution to the problem is when the government starts monitoring and descending to ensure that the project is truly trustworthy. at least the regulation will make everything tight. but later only projects that are truly real will exist.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 12:25:06 PM

It may take time till we have a systematic decentralized framework through which we can detect scam projects and ICOs. There are some simple ways we can use to know the true and authentic projects and ICOs by reading the whitepaper, for example, and the roadmap which have detailed technical info.

Sissebrahima

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

The end of a fraudulent project and fraud can only put the intervention of government regulation and punishment for fraud. After the interested parties have an agreement on cooperation, they will be able to stop the fraudulent project and punish those responsible.
Sicithdeve

Activity: 238

http://www.securix.io/

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:08:58 PM

Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.
i really doubt that there are some chances for us common people who use this market to reduce scammers you can just avoid them

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
Sicithdeve

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

It may take time till we have a systematic decentralized framework through which we can detect scam projects and ICOs. There are some simple ways we can use to know the true and authentic projects and ICOs by reading the whitepaper, for example, and the roadmap which have detailed technical info.

it is necessary to read whitepapers and other documents as it may protect you but you will not reduce scammimg by this way

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
Iarnnoshre

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:11:45 PM

scamming is a serious problem and i would even say one of the most serious right now as many people suffering from this lose money

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:16:38 PM

you think that we should find responsible? i guess it's us who are responsible because it is our decisions. it's up to us to investigate what is fraud and what is not, don't you think so?

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
coinbitrade

Activity: 714
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:21:54 PM

you think that we should find responsible? i guess it's us who are responsible because it is our decisions. it's up to us to investigate what is fraud and what is not, don't you think so?
Not now. But maybe if everything changes and the scope of ICO will be regulated, then it will be possible to find and punish those responsible if they turn out to be fraudsters.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

Decentralized cryptocurrency does not imply regulation only in the basic principles of its existence. However, states can fully regulate the order and conditions of cryptocurrency circulation on their territory. Moreover, fraud in the ICO is a crime and the state is obliged to intervene in the process of the ICO, in order to prevent the commission of new crimes. Therefore, the activities of the ICO will be regulated by the states in any case, and many states have already begun to create the appropriate bills.

moneyvolutions.com
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:04:17 PM

Do you know the Centra Card? this is one of the best and most popular platforms of its time. They have concepts, roadmaps, and whitepapers which is very clear, even their tokens have been listed in several large exchanges such as binance, but in fact it is a fraudulent project. So I think to determine whether an ICO is scam or not, just looking at the document is not enough.
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:22:40 PM

I don't think the government's furious approach to ICO regulation is the best way to get rid of scams. To implement the search for good projects, it is necessary to create an intermediary organization that will be independent of the government, but will provide arbitration services and protection of ICO investors.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

Yes, unclear regulations about Ico make many fraudsters easy to commit fraud. We must be careful, so we don't get trapped easily. In-depth analysis of realistic projects, competent teams, etc. must be maximized. Don't forget to check the sub forum Scam Accusations  for consideration.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
alimarh

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:51:59 PM

The crypto space is a decentralized network and it will e hard to stop it then some measures can be applied to reduce it by applying regulations which is happening currently though it won't apply for every country.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:59:15 PM

I guess the people should be more responsible personally, and also, there should be some regulations that will restricts the ICO to just implement their product without further test. In this case, there would be limited ICO in the market but is surely not scam.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: