Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner Hosting facility in Indiana (10-12 c/KWH)  (Read 131 times)
jaykavathe (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:06:00 AM

Folks, over last month, I have been working on getting my facility up and running to offer colocation services and now I am almost done with installation part and waiting on Power hook up from local energy company, which I expect to be done by 21st Sep.

https://imgur.com/a/3xqxtLy

I am unboxing the rigs and assembling while the power company is working on hook-up. These are not final pictures but just to show the current status on readiness.. I should have another set of pictures when all the installation work is finished.

• I have been around on forums for a while and my name is Jayesh Kavathe. There should be plenty of information on me on google/fb/linkedin/reddit if anyone is worried about scam aspects and as such.
  • I already have 70% of the capacity full/signed for and might have left around 1MW power left. If you have more need, I should have another facility up but that's still 2 months ahead.
  • I am accepting only close case rigs or ASICS.
  • If you have been running open air rigs and still interested in hosting option, I do offer close case conversion option at wholesale rate. I make my profits from monthly power cost so its still in good interest for me to charge you almost nothing for hardware conversion. You own the new hardware.
  • If someone is looking to get into GPU mining right now, I do build mining rigs for lot cheaper than most people can (wholesale pricing and Tier 1 distributor with GPU mfr). My pricing is straight up components cost + $150 mark up which might be still around $500 cheaper than what you would make a 12 GPU closed case rig.
I take pride in being open, fair and transparent. No “custom pricing packages” which usually means one will charge you more if they can negotiate more out of you.

My pricing is simple, and also dictated by my power cost in Indiana.

• $30 one time setup per rig or ASIC
  • Power cost (10 c/KWH for > 100 rigs, 11 c/KWH > 50 rigs and rest everyone 12 c/KWH)
  • Pricing is all inclusive. So if you have one rig that consumes 1000W, you will ship the rig to me, pay me $30 to set it up and pay monthly $86.40 (@12 c/KWH) (+tax if applicable) or $72 if you have 100 rigs.
  • 1 year contract and an option to shut down your rigs at a fixed monthly cost like $20/rig/month (prorated)

"What tier is the facility?" None. Being a miner for more than an year now, I am very confident that you can’t find any real datacenter to run your mining rigs “at this low cost”. Basically a real datacenter with Tier certification will not be profitable at all. I have attached the pictures of this facility below. Its built solid, is secure and most importantly…. Your equipment is fully insured for declared amount against theft, flood, natural disaster, fire and so on. You don’t have to pay for insurance.

You will not see pics on cooling/vents and fans yet but that’s in pipeline. I am pretty much creating a wind tunnel to force the heat out of the facility. The Contractor don’t have space for installation because of electrical work and next week, as we finish electrical work, the cooling installation will start.

If you are paying more than 12c power as of now for your hobby rigs and don’t want to deal with noise, heat, reboots… what I am offering makes complete sense. Also I will provide 40 hours of troubleshooting at no cost but that’s distributing my time over all the rigs so you might not get all dedicated 40 hours, but I should be able to handle most of your reboot/reset and basic troubleshooting requests.

Almost all of the above info should be on my website http://mysticdigital.io I just realized I haven’t talked to Godaddy about SSL certificate yet and just submitted the request. So until they issue the certificate, website might show as not secure.
You will still have questions and I will be happy to respond. Again, this is not trying for people to get into mining at all. I have been mining for more than an year on large scale and I have seen ups and down. I am aware of the market right now. Just that mining is still quite profitable for me and if you are paying high power cost and not able to find a trusted place in US to send your rigs, this might be a solution.

Here is my own example as I own a mining farm in my backyard on residential plan. I cant use commercial because I dont meet the requirement.
Monthly Service Fee $35.00 /kWh Charges 38336 kWh @ 0.10942 $4,194.73/Wholesale Tracker 38336 kWh @ 0.000348 $13.34
Total Electric Charges $4,243.07 State Tax $297.01/ Total Electric $4,540.08 for 38336 kWh = 11.8 c/KWH

Irrespective what is advt for you as rate, please take a look at your actual electric bill and see what is your effective rate. In most case, it will end being lot higher than what your power company advt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: