Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guest Spot: Who or What Can Put an End to Bitcoin?  (Read 1840 times)
AngryPanther

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:43:56 PM

I haven't thought anything like this till now. But i think it will be hard to put an end to bitcoin. In fact it looks quite impossible to me. I think bitcoin can survive every attacks it will face.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

Guest Spot: Who or What Can Put an End to Bitcoin?
Over the past few years, Bitcoin has experienced a huge number of attacks and external criticism, getting a reputation of Antifragile. This term was coined by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and describes the phenomenon when something becomes popular under unfavorable conditions.

“Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Yet, in spite of the ubiquity of the phenomenon, there is no word for the exact opposite of fragile. Let us call it antifragile.”- says Taleb.

From this point of view, probably, in order to kill Bitcoin, you just have to stop criticizing it. However, in the world of constantly competing currencies and precious metals, this is very unlikely to happen.

Attacks on Bitcoin: Past, Present, and Future

Several months ago, the user of the Reddit network, under the nickname themetalfriend, compiled a list of all attacks that can be aimed at killing Bitcoin. In his opinion: there are three most common types of attacks on Bitcoin:

Attacks to slowdown the Bitcoin development
Attacks to slowdown the Bitcoin adoption
Attacks to reduce the efficiency of the Bitcoin infrastructure
From all the above it follows that all three types of attacks are interrelated. At the very least, they lead to the same result. Let’s consider each of them in more detail.
https://www.ccn.com/guest-spot-who-or-what-can-put-an-end-to-bitcoin/

Anything that does not help nor has value to human being has a sure end of existence. But right now it is the contrary, bitcoin each year proves how essential it is to the new age of technology and it is sync into end so right now is not the right topic but we should talk about a Birth of a new powerful and essential flatform for the people all over the world.
AngryPanther

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

The massive popularity of bitcoin is one of the major behind bitcoin is hard to destroy. It's popularity is still growing fast and it has come in the industry to stay till the end.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

What can end bitcoin is if the blockchain technology closed down. Blockchain technology is where cryptocurrencies run on and without it, there would be no way to transact bitcoins and altcoins. Of course it is possible that an alternative will emerge, but for now at least, the blockchain technology keeps crypto business alive.
GlassBullet

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:25:31 PM

I think bitcoin has faced lots of challenges since it has been invented. Still it has surpassed all the obstacles and growing like a champ. So i don't think it could be stopped.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

Attacks to slowdown the Bitcoin development
I don't think there is an efficient way to successfully attack an open source project, except you successfully terrorized every person that contributes to BItcoin.

Attacks to slowdown the Bitcoin adoption
Attacks to reduce the efficiency of the Bitcoin infrastructure
Currently, adoption is slowed down by the scalability problem. But soon it will be solved when the Lightning Network being implemented and used by the mainstream.

Well, Actually there is indeed some weakness in the Bitcoin as stated in https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses. But Bitcoin is yet still at an early age, constant and rapid development will cover it all gradually.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:42:07 PM

obviously it has come to stay and i dont think anything can put an end to it. people have adopted it, interracted with it, loved the technology and ready to keep rolling with it. so i dont see anything ending this revolution as there is daily adoption of it.
Antonina

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:17:52 PM

I think only the government of the countries. If it is prohibited everywhere and increased supervision, then it is easy to remove it completely
LaserPie

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

"I am wondering when the day btc will be replaced by an altcoin myself. it seems inevitable.
Because the change starts already and Bitcoin price will down.
"
BattleHippo

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:37:02 PM

"Bitcoins are looking at mass adoption around the world.. Looking at the new btc atms.. I think
this is a way for the people to say to hell with the government.
"
AngryPanther

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

"Whatever people think about my bitcoin does not have to bother, it is more of a negative
assumption about bitcoin. The fact that I have seen that the reality of my place in Aceh, Bitcoin
has been able to turn people into prosperity. Hopefully I hope if the weak side of the bitcoin
itself is immediately fixed.
"
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:44:57 PM

My first choice would be Satoshi, if he wanted to destroy bitcoin all he would have to do is starting moving his coins and it would create mass panic.  Especially if he sold off his coins and declared it all a ponzi.  Of course this probably won't happen though Smiley
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:05:29 PM

I think the only way that can put an end to bitcoin is, ban. If all countries ban cryptocurrencies then no one will be able to use it. If anyone can’t use it then obviously it will be an end of bitcoin.
CanyonsBull

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:11:39 PM

There are many ways that can put an end to bitcoin. The demand and sale of bitcoin are increasing day by day. So, if the hackers attack the bitcoin accounts then the use of bitcoin will not be anymore.
GhostKnight

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:19:44 PM

Only government can stop using bitcoin. If the development and mining bitcoin is banned in all countries and legal cyber attack is applied then obviously use of bitcoin will be stopped.
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

In the course of recent years, Bitcoin has encountered countless and outer feedback, getting a notoriety of Antifragile. This term was begat by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and portrays the marvel when something ends up well known under horrible conditions.
btchunter786

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

By forcing bans on utilizing Bitcoin, governments can make some burden the proprietors of the cryptographic money. In the meantime, such nations like the United States and the European Union nations, don't plan to disallow digital forms of money.
Wrathhawk

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:36:13 PM

In China and South Korea, even trite bits of gossip about the conceivable denial of Bitcoin were promptly thought about its swapping scale. Be that as it may, even at the seasons of overall population fear, Bitcoin proceeded and keeps on existing.
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 06:40:07 PM

End Bitcoin can only put a global mistrust to it, since the entire price of Bitcoin is now formed from the buyer's and seller's confidence in Bitcoin and the entire cryptocurrency market as a whole.
SoliDCoiNs777

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:44:17 PM

If any of the above three attacks happened to Bitcoin, something negative definitely would come to its way. But, if all the users stop using Bitcoin and make themselves away from this market that will be the end.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: