Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: data protection policy and Right to be forgotten  (Read 184 times)
vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:02:51 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 11:46:36 AM by vlom

Hi

I have two questions.

1. Data protection policy
I checked the registration from. During registration you don't habe to say "OK" to anything. Thats why I would like to know if there is a data protection policy for this forum?
e.g. I would like to know what kind of data is stored. During registration and while using the forum.

2. Right to be forgotten
The GDPR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation) introduced a right for peoples to have personal data deleted aka the  "The right to be forgotten".

Is this something that this forum takes care of?

Q: What do I need to do to make my community forum compliant with the GDPR?

A: The GDPR includes the following key requirements:

Consent: You need explicit consent and you need to clearly inform people how you are going to use their personal data.  For example, if you are handing over your community member list to marketing to be used in various ad campaigns, you should let people know.

Right to be forgotten (right to erasure): If someone asks that you delete their personal data, in most cases, you’ll need to comply. (More on this in the next question below.)
Right to Access:  If someone asks you what personal data you have on them, you will need to provide an answer about what you have, how you’re using it, and be able to provide a copy of the data.

Data portability: The GDPR says that you will need to provide someone with a copy of their personal data in a format that is machine readable and that could be imported into another platform. We can’t imagine this being a frequent request but you should be able to produce a CSV or MySQL export of a user’s data.

Data security: You have an obligation to make sure that you are making reasonable efforts to keep data secure. Basic security measures include making sure your community forum is served over HTTPS and that data is stored and transferred securely. A commercial community forum provider will have put in place a raft of security measures that involve physical security, network security, application security and policies around data handling.
https://blog.vanillaforums.com/community-answers-to-common-questions-about-gdpr-community-forums

And this question is valid for this forum too i think:

Q: Is user generated content (UGC) personal data? Is UGC subject to rules around data portability and erasure?

A: This is a tricky one.  What if a member asks that you delete all their posts? What if those posts were valuable both to the community and your company? We feel that if the posts are stripped of identifying information ( for example the username and photo of the member), they do not need to be removed. The exception here is if the posts contain information that identifies the person that is requesting removal. That would also include posts with personal data about the requester that was posted by another member. You might consider laying out in your terms of use or privacy policy who owns UGC and what will be done if someone requests removal of posted content.

Thanks for the clarification.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

This has been asked before, and this is theymos' answer:
Quote from: theymos
I intend to ignore all stupidity coming out of the EUSSR.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:23:49 AM

I struggle to be remembered. Please don't forget me. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:27:47 AM

what data protection? what "personal data" you've provided to the forum?
registration doesn't require real name/address/id or whatever
we just need too pick a username, password and provide email address
and there isn't even a confirmation email sent (cmiiw), I think even a fake email address may work

vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:36:57 AM

OK. This is short an clear statement.
There won't be any "data protection policy" and you won't have the possibility to "delete yourself" here.

In some way I like this position. But in an other way I would like to have more control over the data that is collected here.

what data protection? what "personal data" you've provided to the forum?
registration doesn't require real name/address/id or whatever
we just need too pick a username, password and provide email address
and there isn't even a confirmation email sent (cmiiw), I think even a fake email address may work

I used the search function but did not find an answer. What kind of (personal) data is stored?
btc addresses you post
e-mail address?
ip address?
browser?
OS?
etc?
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:39:36 AM

That seems a very mature statement. Everyone else taking action on it was just for fun i recon.

https://techtalk.gfi.com/consequences-of-non-compliance-with-gdpr/

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

What kind of (personal) data is stored?
e-mail address
ip address
As far as I know, the forum stores your registration IP and IP for each post. I remember theymos saying he would like to delete it, but it's very convenient to have for account recoveries.

browser?
OS?
I would expect Cloudflare to store much more information than the forum does:
What I meant is that Cloudflare can see your unencrypted password when you log in. It's still encrypted from the real server to Cloudflare and from Cloudflare to you. So it's not blatantly insecure except in that Cloudflare is very probably an NSA honeypot, and it's not like the NSA is going to steal your password in order to scam people on bitcointalk.org or anything.

That seems a very mature statement. Everyone else taking action on it was just for fun i recon.
What if other random countries start imposing their local laws on the rest of the world too? Say Andorra, Russia, Japan or Thailand? They can make demands to multinationals with offices in their country, but I don't think they have much to threaten a blog hosted in the USA with.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: