Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's Guide in posting topics/replies 🤓  (Read 117 times)
jerick06 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:35:46 PM

Well, these past few weeks, I noticed that there a lot of newbies joined bitcointalk. I bet a lot of them didn't even bother to read the rules regarding posting and stuffs so they tend to do something that are against the rules. Here are the things that newbies often do:

1. Posting about merits

Example:
i am newbie here in bitcointalk forum i want to learn to gain merit because you cant be promoted if you dont have a merit.
can any suggestion how to make a effective topic? because all topics here in bitcointalk is usual to all in crypto.
please help me to make a topic that effective to gain a merit

So why newbies shoudn't post about merits? Let's leave a qoute from vphasithan01

i want to learn to gain merit
I'm confused to see why newcomers always say "i am a newbie..." and "I want to learn". Because if you really want to learn you won't create a thread by just asking this dumb question which I bolded in your post. Instead of creating a thread why you all can't read few of the guide/sticky/rules threads already created by other forum members. Don't bother about Merits, always try to read before posting and help other members sharing your knowledge, contributing forum discussions etc.

You know guys, if you really really want to gain merits, instead of asking advices of gaining merits, why not read posts that are merited and think 'why do this post gets a merit?' simple right?

2. Qouting super long posts

I often see newbies quote a really long posts. There are 2 reasons why they do that: (1) to make their reply long (2) they don't know how snip works. If you were about to qoute a very long post, change the content with snip like this
[qoute]
snip
[/qoute]

Or else, users will see you as a spammer.

3. Spamming and Shitposting!!

Most newbies spams a thread just to rank up as a Jr. Member to join bounty campaigns.

Example:

What good on Apollo currency, I'm in for it..
No!! Cryptocurrency will and will never die...
Yeah,, sure it will survive..

Non-sense replies right? If you were about to make a reply, think about 'why'. Like 'why will it survive?' 'why will crypto currency will never die?'. In simple terms, provide a reason for your answer.

Another example:

Thank you very much it has been very helpful to me.

Saying 'Thank You', yes it shows appreciation, but I for me replying like the qoute above is spamming unless you added phrases that will contribute to the topic. So for the newbies, avoid replying 'Thank you this is very helpful' because it doesn't contribute anything to the topic unless you are the author of the thread.

Lastly

4. "Copy and Paste" technique

I saw threads not just from newbies but also from jr. members and members like copying the whole article and below that the source of the article will be cited. For example:

Bitcoin Remains Above $7,200 For 3 Days; Where is the Market Headed?
Since early August, Bitcoin has shown a level of stability it hasn’t seen since early 2017. Throughout this week, bitcoin price has remained above the $7,200 mark.

Since Sunday, the cryptocurrency market has not seen any major movement to both the upside and downside, possibly due to the lack of momentum and volume in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other major cryptocurrencies to initiate a strong mid-term rally.

But, the stability shown by Bitcoin could be considered as a positive indicator for mid-term recovery, as it is highly unlikely for any asset, commodity, or currency to see a major trend reversal following a 70 percent correction within a period of several weeks.

Where is Bitcoin Going Next?
Based on the simple trend Bitcoin has recorded since January, the solid short-term recovery of BTC from the $6,000 mark to the $7,200 resistance level should be sufficient to lead BTC to test major resistance levels at $7,500 and $8,000.

The reversal of moving average convergence divergence (MACD) in the low price range of BTC at $7,200 suggests that $8,000 is the next short-term target for Bitcoin as shown in the weekly chart of BTC below.

One concern is that in previous recoveries from the $6,000 mark, Bitcoin price has climbed to the range of $8,000 to $10,000 relatively quickly. Since early August, BTC has initiated a slow rebound from the $6,000 mark to $7,300, without significant spikes on the upside.

Flood, a highly regarded technical analyst within the cryptocurrency community, stated that the close of the 3-day candle of BTC on September 3 is optimistic and that it may trigger the price of Bitcoin to rise in the short-term with solid support.

“Beautiful close. Rally from yearly lows intact. Next 3D close will be massive for $BTC especially given the huge short open interest. Low volatility with a huge cash buyer providing support. I think it’s unlikely the shorts are a massive ‘synthetic put’ ‘ala OKEX style,’ he explained.

Both 3-day and weekly candle charts of BTC demonstrate a movement to the upside for the dominant cryptocurrency in the short-term, especially if the volume of the currency can hold up in the $4 to $5 billion range.
https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-remains-above-7200-for-3-days-where-is-market-headed-to/

If you open the source below, you can see that the whole article is just copied and pasted. This is the most used posting technique today in the forum. Since no one credit this as a plagiarism I didn't reported this but it only teaches users to be lazy in making constructive threads.

I hope newbies avoid this kind of stuffs in bitcointalk. Smiley

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:01:25 PM

4. "Copy and Paste" technique

This is a very important and must know rule, because some of my friends did not use the copy and paste technique correctly. They copied the words from news directly in the reply to some of the topics, causing the account to be banned by the moderator.
I believe that they are not intentional. They just don't understand the strict rules of the BTT Forum. But in any case, they didn't read the rules carefully,this is their mistake.

Loser
jerick06 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:50:39 PM

This is a very important and must know rule, because some of my friends did not use the copy and paste technique correctly. They copied the words from news directly in the reply to some of the topics, causing the account to be banned by the moderator.
I believe that they are not intentional. They just don't understand the strict rules of the BTT Forum. But in any case, they didn't read the rules carefully,this is their mistake.

Maybe they are not intentional but that doesn't mean it's an excuse for them to be not bannned. Wether they intentionally broke the rule or they don't understand them, rules are still rules.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: