Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:24:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake team VS no team on ICO.  (Read 235 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 02:18:07 PM

We know so many scam ICO exposed with fake team lately. Just across my mind from defence of scammers. Few scammers defending on scam accusation that some ICO never used team. Also we are not exposing them who have no team on website.
Let me give answer who is like to defend fake team. To be honest Fake team is more dangerous from no team. Because no team already exposed themselves. Investors are able to see there is no team. I will not surprised if they scamed. Because investors known where they are going to invest. So we don't need to exposed ICO with no team as well.

For fake team, they will scamed and divert accusation to others. Becasue they already stolen picture and identity of others innocent people's. So this is a big crime. Investors are not aware about them that they are going to scamed. Because they will see there is a team. If investors  mistakely visit their ANN Thread than he will find great team, nice team, experienced team, potential team many more. That's why we need to exposed scam ICO's with fake team.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 02:40:55 PM

Few scammers defending on scam accusation that some ICO never used team. Also we are not exposing them who have no team on website. Let me give answer who is like to defend fake team. To be honest Fake team is more dangerous from no team.

I'm surprised if there is really a member who defend an ICO with a fake team. Sometimes I think they're paid by those scammers too.

Using a fake team is not only dangerous for potential investors but can also spoil others reputation. They're literally using other photo/identity and make other people think that the ICO is backed by some great people. What happens if there's an exit scam? Like it or not, the real person will likely get questioned. Unless s/he can defend themselves, it's quite probable that they'll be considered a scammer too.

I actually think that fake team is more or less like there is no real team behind the ICO, as it is impossible to sue them unless we can get their real identity which is also quite hard to do or even impossible (when they're using stock photos).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ICOEthics

Activity: 392
Merit: 892

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

Interesting post, here is what we think:

People get paid to defend those scammers all the time. We have many examples in this forum. here we have an example of a looooong response. Will not waste time reading that. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4985965.0 (post #7)

If an investor is dumb enough to invest on an ICO without a team, or a team with images of cartoons characters without a link to a real person, it is their problem.

If an investor is a victim of an ICO that used a fake team, such as stealing people's image or stock photo,  justice should be made. Investors are responsible for their investment, and they must do a minimal search before investing. ANything we post on the scam section will almost immediately appear on Google search.

We usually say that:  an  ICO without a Team is a scam
                               an  ICO with fake images (Stock photos)of a team is BIG SCAM
                               an ICO stealing people's identity (name and or images) it is a HUGE SCAM and a CRIME.

ICOEthics ━█ ██ Monitoring ICO Scams ██ █━ ICOEthics
☶ Browse ICO Scams List〚!〛Save your crypto from scammers〚!〛Submit a possible ICO scam ✎
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 09:04:56 PM

up for visibility
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:13:30 PM

ICOs without team and ICO with fake team are both SCAM to me and should I come across anyone defending an obvious scam on this platform, I'm giving such account a negative trust, as their action is that of deceit and fraudulent.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:20:39 PM

Even some icos with real team members have put the investors money in danger, envion is a prime example, it was a huge ico that was able to raise 100 million in there ico and now after more than 10 months the team members are fighting with each others like kids putting the investors money at risk, i hope they will overcome the situation and resume the project or the authorities should punish them if project does not resume in next 2 months.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Prime20

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 09:23:31 PM

Both are really bad for any ico and will result to nothing but scam. To have a fake team is also the same as having no team at all.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:27:24 PM

I think fake team is terrible

It is a theft of an individual personal profile which endangers the other party
If such bounty programs are found
They need to be sent to jail for impersonation and sly
joseherrera04

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:36:40 PM

Both scenarios are really bad and the best thing to do is to avoid them at all cost, the team is the heart of the ICO project so if they fail in that aspect who knows what could happen later.
frchowe214

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:41:48 PM

This is the reason why i don't invest my own coins into an ICO unless their team passes the KYC verification process. Preferable with some type of media presence to prove that the team is real. This at least gives the project a chance to succeed, but even that is not guaranteed

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:50:56 PM

i will not ever invest in a project without team on their website, it is the main what any project must have because every time when we invest in any project first of all we invest in people who are standing behind it. And also i like when project has experienced and trusted advisors on board, not scam advisors as already well known persons... And yes we must find a confirmations that the team is real, especially if we decided to enter the project on the early stage(seed/private/pre-sale) round.
Cryptomania098

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:01:33 PM

I see no difference between a fake team and a no team. What is the essence of having a team but with the intention of scamming their investors. It's just as good as having no team.
goosjackson

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:29:01 PM

i can understand that a team decides to not expose themselves, main thing is that promises are being held and development is real. i'd rather have a non exposed team that a fake team of 20+ people with fake names, fake fb and fake linkedin accounts...
as long as the team does their job i dont mind that their not giving themselves away to everyone in early stages of a project..
gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:42:37 PM

Investing in ICO itself is risk in my opinion. You should be very carefull while investing your hard earned money. In my opinion invest money in a good ICO where everything is transparent to the investors. Don't ever invest money in an ICO where the team profiles are fake or doesn't have team profiles.

motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:45:53 PM

The team in charge of an ICO is almost as important as the ICO or project itself. When the team is shady or not transparent enough, there is a high chance that the project will be managed by a scammer and it will eventually fail.I think ICO teams should be more transparent and they should communicate with their community a lot because this builds trust which then eventually have a ripple effect on the community.
Leave non stone unturned when making research it is very important

Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:56:12 PM

We know so many scam ICO exposed with fake team lately. Just across my mind from defence of scammers. Few scammers defending on scam accusation that some ICO never used team. Also we are not exposing them who have no team on website.
Let me give answer who is like to defend fake team. To be honest Fake team is more dangerous from no team. Because no team already exposed themselves. Investors are able to see there is no team. I will not surprised if they scamed. Because investors known where they are going to invest. So we don't need to exposed ICO with no team as well.

For fake team, they will scamed and divert accusation to others. Becasue they already stolen picture and identity of others innocent people's. So this is a big crime. Investors are not aware about them that they are going to scamed. Because they will see there is a team. If investors  mistakely visit their ANN Thread than he will find great team, nice team, experienced team, potential team many more. That's why we need to exposed scam ICO's with fake team.
A lot of crypto project has created by even a single person that can be fully operated such as byteball, and many more. Fake team is more dangerous compared with the crypto project that created by a single person. Fake team means the scammers has an intention to fool us.
It looks a bit difficult to expose the scammer that has used the stolen identity.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:57:10 PM

The team in charge of an ICO is almost as important as the ICO or project itself. When the team is shady or not transparent enough, there is a high chance that the project will be managed by a scammer and it will eventually fail.I think ICO teams should be more transparent and they should communicate with their community a lot because this builds trust which then eventually have a ripple effect on the community.
Leave non stone unturned when making research it is very important

About that the transparency of the team in ICO is needed, i think is not that much important then of using fake teams to promote the ICO. Bitcoin users still dont know who is the sathosi but still the project was genuinely created and did not used fake teams, this is the reason why this coin got success.

Keeping secrecy of the team is different until the project is genuine and the developer are delivering a good project without using fake team to promote their project.

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:21:52 PM

Both, fake team and no team are same bad  thing and undermining the reputation of crytpo.
Nobody should support such ICOs. 
Newbies who are not experienced enough to make research on team can be easily scammed that way.
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:32:29 AM

Believe me, it would really be nice if a way is carved out to recognise fake team right away at the point of investing rather than having to realise later when things have already gone out of hand. It is a actually disheartening that some wicked souls are making us have setbacks and pitfalls in the cryptoworld cos so many have fallen victims of scams and crappy icos. I can say one of the reasons we have found ourselves in this great mess we are at the moment. I really hope, exposing these fools is rightly possible. This will go a long way in helping us in this community.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

That just makes me confused too, maybe it's better not to have an ICO if it continues.
Better with a more fresh system, better than ICO but unfortunately I have no idea for that. LOL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: