Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychological fear dominates the market  (Read 3896 times)
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:33:13 AM

Yes, I believe that the current situation in the crypto market has a negative impact towards the crypto investors since this involves money towards their investment. I think it is a normal reaction of the people since they are afraid that it could lead to a big loss on their investment. Some perhaps might have prematurely sell their cryptos due to the current condition which I believe is not a good idea since this is just temporary and will be back on it's track.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:41:11 AM

Both fear and greed are powerful emotions that push people to act. The high possibility of doubling your money will drive the masses into bitcoin like they did last year, all it needs is a bit more of a push and then we're back in bull country

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

Behavioral moments in the market distort the image of the crypto currency, fixing in the minds of investors the association with instability, losses and fraud.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 08:16:29 AM

Both fear and greed are powerful emotions that push people to act. The high possibility of doubling your money will drive the masses into bitcoin like they did last year, all it needs is a bit more of a push and then we're back in bull country
Fear is currently prevailing the market. Looking at the price charts of ethereum specially after their founder declared that coins are no longer profitable to invest in, there has been gradual decline in price. Bitcoin on the other hand is holding up its price at the 6.3 - 6.4 k USD marks and seems to be facing some resistance crossing the 6.5k USD line. I believe a number of sellers are targeting this point and thus its not able to break this barrier.

Currently what people can do is hold their different coins but dont panic sell thinking its the end of crypto because it never so.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

My psychologically disturbing subject is different. The power of playing with the market of people holding a large number of Bitcoins in their hand is disturbing me. In the current environment, a person with a BTC over 10K in hand can manipulate the market with the right moves.

giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:32:54 AM

The market is full of dangers and pitfalls. Constantly changing numbers make investors panic. A good investor is a person who knows how to control emotions, has a stable psychology even when prices rise or fall, to control FEAR and GREED. Of course, these people need both experience and luck.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

Fear is all about you that you assume that you know about it but in reality you don't and this is what really happen in the crypto market some are panicking that the price was going down it falls in between 6k to 7k usd compare to last year 4q where it reach to almost 20k usd but in reality that said year was the real hype but if we go down deeper the real base price of bitcoin is between 6k to 7k usd and that's the real price correction if we are basing it on the bitcoin price acquisition value from the miners so there is nothing to worry about and if it falls below 5.8k usd then that's the time to be in real panic mode.
Monyong

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:23:05 AM

I think' some of the psychology of this fear is dominated by errors in predicting predetermined prices but in reality different and of course, these people need more patience, experience and luck in their research
Okrah

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:28:14 AM

The continuous decline in Bitcoin prices may make investors very nervous and many people have lost confidence in Bitcoin as well as crypto.
This is a very normal psychology and nothing strange in life, in any field, there are two emotional state is governed by FEAR and GREED.
Especially in the financial market, not just the crypto market, when prices are rising, people often feel GREED, focusing only on positive trends and never thinking about trends. Negative, when the price goes down, then the person feels FEAR, then focus only on the negative trend and never thought that everything would be positive again.
Talk about this for people to imagine that believing in a current trend is only relative and timed, so look at the market trend with an objective eye (out-of-game) so that If not, then it will not be absorbed in the psychological game of the market. Finance is a game of psychology!
What do you think about this?

I think whatever endeavor when it comes to money people are really affected mentally, emotionally, physically and even spritually. But what is important, we as a person can adjust ourselves to whatever happens.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:55:59 AM

The continuous decline in Bitcoin prices may make investors very nervous and many people have lost confidence in Bitcoin as well as crypto.
This is a very normal psychology and nothing strange in life, in any field, there are two emotional state is governed by FEAR and GREED.
Especially in the financial market, not just the crypto market, when prices are rising, people often feel GREED, focusing only on positive trends and never thinking about trends. Negative, when the price goes down, then the person feels FEAR, then focus only on the negative trend and never thought that everything would be positive again.
Talk about this for people to imagine that believing in a current trend is only relative and timed, so look at the market trend with an objective eye (out-of-game) so that If not, then it will not be absorbed in the psychological game of the market. Finance is a game of psychology!

You have made some good observations and identified the driving force behind the activities of most people in the crypto market and the resulting effect that we all see in price. Its unfortunate that despite the series of awareness that is going on in attracting only people who are conscious of the dynamism of the market, its just being saturated by people who belong to the two classifications above. There is actually nothing we can do about it as everyone is free to pursue his/her own interest in the crypto world. The problem I however always have is when there is a miscalculation as a result of that decision, instead of just accepting and moving on, they tend to blame other people for the turn in events.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:08:52 AM

This situation is very difficult to influence. Those who manipulate the market just expect to panic among people.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:53:29 PM

the cost to miners doesn't matter.

it does matter, the same way something completely irrelevant such as Goldman Sachs nonsense matters for bitcoin and the price of it. it is all about speculation and what the investors think. when enough people think the cost of mining matters and is a factor to look into, then it means it matters a lot for determining the price.

ok fair enough---but that all boils down to investor demand. the actual cost doesn't matter---only the perceptual effect on buying/selling pressure. there is a flip side to that: if the market holds below the perceived "price where miners will prop the market" then that could reinforce fear and increase sell pressure. i could easily see price crashing to the $2000s or $3000s, miner costs be damned.

all that is to say, there is no magical bottom like franky1's $5800. there is only supply and demand. and the lower we go towards miner's true pain points, the more likely they will capitulate at high volumes far, far below $5800 or any other magic number.

in the same sense, the news from goldman sachs didn't actually do anything. at most, it just helped trigger a down move that was already going to happen eventually. the reason a selloff like that occurs is because people are ready to sell; sentiment is negative and the market is bearish.

last year during the bull run, nobody would give a shit what goldman sachs was doing. it would have been an afterthought. it's only because the market dropped $1000+ in a day or two that people are searching for a cause, after the fact. "oh, it must have been the goldman sachs news!" no, i doubt it! Smiley

acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:03:47 PM

Perfectly said! There is some sort of psychological prison in the financial world, and to be more specific, the crypto world as well. Sadly enough, that's what the manipulators feed on. The more panic we get, the more power they get to control the market.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:30:07 AM

ok fair enough---but that all boils down to investor demand. the actual cost doesn't matter---only the perceptual effect on buying/selling pressure. there is a flip side to that: if the market holds below the perceived "price where miners will prop the market" then that could reinforce fear and increase sell pressure. i could easily see price crashing to the $2000s or $3000s, miner costs be damned.
I wouldn't call such a drop "easy"!
the same size drop from $20k down to $6200 which is nearly a 70% drop was extremely hard not to mention $20k was actually a bubble going another 70% down from current price is not just "not-easy" it is in fact near impossible. not to mention that $2k is a 90% drop from ATH!

but about "fear" you are right. like anything else when the "support" or even in opposite case the "resistance" is broken it creates fear but it won't push price down drastically as you claim. just like breaking a resistance like $10k is not going to send the price to $100k.

in the same sense, the news from goldman sachs didn't actually do anything. at most, it just helped trigger a down move that was already going to happen eventually. the reason a selloff like that occurs is because people are ready to sell; sentiment is negative and the market is bearish.
I disagree. there is no more sentiment left in the market. all that's left is day traders trying to repeat the same process with similar highs and lows to make the same amount of profit. rinse and repeat like a sinus curve ups and downs.

Only Bitcoin
SIDDHI777

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:54:56 AM

Of course many negative trends occurred during last couple of years in the Bitcoin market due to fear among investors and traders who were doing transactions using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and in those times even cryptocurrencies as money and as investment assets were doing fine price felt in a high rate without a reason making many loose there profits and dreams. So fear definitely dominates the market 

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:02:58 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 07:30:18 AM by doodle07

Its now about how you handle the situation and the negative facts that been throwing by the greedy ones because they are saying such negative things about crypto to make a potential investor's mind to not invest, and on the other side they manipulate the market so do not be afraid and I know that if you knew enough about the market there's no need to panic. Its about the psychological war that goes on, so do not be afraid and fight for you know what's right, we will survive just don't mind them.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:49:01 PM

I wouldn't call such a drop "easy"!
the same size drop from $20k down to $6200 which is nearly a 70% drop was extremely hard not to mention $20k was actually a bubble going another 70% down from current price is not just "not-easy" it is in fact near impossible. not to mention that $2k is a 90% drop from ATH!

for BTC, that's totally normal for a crash following a bubble. take a look at these drops from ATH to bottom:

2011: 94%
april 2013: 83%
december 2013: 87%

if we compare to past bubble patterns, is a 90% drop really near impossible? i don't think so. Tongue

but about "fear" you are right. like anything else when the "support" or even in opposite case the "resistance" is broken it creates fear but it won't push price down drastically as you claim. just like breaking a resistance like $10k is not going to send the price to $100k.

i'm not making any predictions here, just pointing out the possibilities. the only reason $2000 seems impossible is because of recency bias. we all think of "normal" as $6000+ now. but that's just perception. in 2014, the $600s became "normal" after months of trading there. then we crashed to the $200s and eventually below. and then the $200s became the new "normal."

bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:41:16 AM

Fear when the others greed, and greed when the others feared. I read that phrase somewhere and i think i start to understand what it means.
Peoples who controlled by their fear and greed are peoples who can be used to take advantage for some peoples.
Always use your healthy thought to involving in the market, otherwise your decision can go wrong.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

I think its a normal thing if the unstable movement of bitcoin or crypto make a lot of people fear about their financial assets. And its nothing to blame about . I also agree wif finance is a game of psychology, but i think it will be better if we remain calm and make a clear thinking about our next decision regarding to the bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
CanyonsBull

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:34:48 PM

If you want to make profit in this market you need to psychologically strong because price can be fluctuating at any time. So don't panic. Hold your coin if you think your coin price will rise again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: