Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we entering a new dark ages?  (Read 153 times)
www.crypago.com (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:23:49 PM

In my estimation, the decline began in the mid-90's. Or as soon as Bush Sr. took the thrown. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment but it doesn't matter. Things took another sudden dark turn in 2016 with the craziest election I have ever witnessed. The country, and even the world, especially the western world, is split down the middle. The "news" and most media took sides, mainly one side. Now cryptocurrency is under attack. Sites like Hostgator and others refuse service. So divided are we that whatever group you may be a part of, Facebook, forums, even establishments, bars, and workplaces try to monitor how you feel and what you believe and say just as fascists do. And they will question you. If you don't tow their party line, whether it makes sense or not, you almost surely WILL be rejected from the group or kicked out of the establishment or even fired. It happens every day. A recent example is how I started a group in a forum and built it up to 7700 members. After I posted my opinion about gentrification and proliferation of extremists in my neighborhood, I came back to find that my group was given to others, without even a warning. It's a total shutout. After 2016 I figured this was just a bizarre faze that will pass. However the non-s insanity seems to be increasing. Censorship of opinions, hatred, violence, racism, and hypocrisy are the new norm. And this infantile behavior is being taught in schools, not to mention the detestable sexualization of children. They can't avoid the messages. On top of this, the economy shows signs of cracking, and few even show concern when threats of nuclear war are all too frequent. Do you feel this is just a bubble or is this the beginning of the end of "civilization" or was that just a veneer all along and the animal side is now winning over?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 06:46:33 PM

I think we are seeing the collapse of the deep state. That will cause a lot of problems in the short term, and then we will enter as new golden age.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 07:37:59 PM

I think we are seeing the collapse of the deep state. That will cause a lot of problems in the short term, and then we will enter as new golden age.

jes the crypto decentralisation could create a lot of consequences with unknown chaos imagine huge economic spheres like the usa, or EU have no singular currency anymore everyone owns questionable token no one knows what they are worth.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:04:24 PM

In my estimation, the decline began in the mid-90's. Or as soon as Bush Sr. took the thrown. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment but it doesn't matter. Things took another sudden dark turn in 2016 with the craziest election I have ever witnessed. The country, and even the world, especially the western world, is split down the middle. The "news" and most media took sides, mainly one side. Now cryptocurrency is under attack....detestable sexualization.... economy ....nuclear war ... the beginning of the end of "civilization" ...

Man, the crazy is just starting.
Doorex

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:51:12 AM

It`s discussible, but I really think, that crypto may ruin world we are living in to create new world, hopefully better.
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:25:24 PM

I believe our actions within the next couple of decades will have a huge impact on the fate of humanity-how we choose to regulate AI, whether or not its used malevolently.. The "animal side" is winning, and we have to learn how to control it and use its weaknesses and strengths to our advantage if we have any hope of creating a decent world for the most amount of people.

Decentralization is a movement that's long-needed and I feel is being sped up by all the awful things that are happening in governments. It's a bad for a good. If Trump didn't happen along with the social media scandals, people would still largely be taking governments seriously and be trusting of internet platforms. The movement away from these structures is evident and required for true "freedom."
FortFC

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 08:14:30 AM

Modern turns medieval, knowledge is replaced by ignorance - of course we going downwards instead of upwards.
m.roth

Activity: 44
Merit: 5

/be the change/

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:01:57 AM

This is part of creative destruction. Technology will hopefully bring all of us back together in a new fruitful world, which is more balanced and fair to every organism, with less greed and corruption.
www.crypago.com (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:37:17 AM

jes the crypto decentralisation could create a lot of consequences with unknown chaos imagine huge economic spheres like the usa, or EU have no singular currency anymore everyone owns questionable token no one knows what they are worth.
What do you mean "singular currency?"
www.crypago.com (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:38:49 AM

This is part of creative destruction. Technology will hopefully bring all of us back together in a new fruitful world, which is more balanced and fair to every organism, with less greed and corruption.
It's possible. The internet has certainly had a massive effect on world communication.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: