Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin: Crypto, Blockchain Space Won’t See ‘1,000-Times Growth’ Again  (Read 528 times)
Sandus_Cryptolover (OP)

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:06:03 PM

There is no chance that the cryptocurrency and blockchain space will see “1,000-times growth” again, Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin stated in an interview with Bloomberg September 8.

At an Ethereum and blockchain conference in Hong Kong, Buterin told Bloomberg that the rapid growth of crypto and blockchain industry is now reaching a “ceiling,” and is moving from “just people being interested” to the stage of “real applications of real economic activity.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/vitalik-buterin-crypto-blockchain-space-wont-see-1-000-times-growth-again?utm_source=Telegram&utm_medium=social

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

There is no chance that the cryptocurrency and blockchain space will see “1,000-times growth” again, Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin stated in an interview with Bloomberg September 8.

At an Ethereum and blockchain conference in Hong Kong, Buterin told Bloomberg that the rapid growth of crypto and blockchain industry is now reaching a “ceiling,” and is moving from “just people being interested” to the stage of “real applications of real economic activity.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/vitalik-buterin-crypto-blockchain-space-wont-see-1-000-times-growth-again?utm_source=Telegram&utm_medium=social

jes he is right, the opportunistic run that was the case on bitcoin and ethereum leaving many losers, will not likely occur again except if someone creates an ico to wage war on a country like china and enslaves complete chinese population under his ico.

it will be applied then in real economic activity. people that didnt had money because the banksters didnt gave them will have money suddenly.

regards

kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

He's right with this point. Currently, all that we see is how blockchain is making great impacts and how different governments and corporate institutions are integrating the technology. Indeed if this should stay for sometime then we'd all still be in a win situation some time in the future. For now, I think we should give coin prices a little of our attention and focus bigger on the use cases.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

For sure Vitalik knows better crypto market and technology. Great Hype passed, we are in the more or less stable market for a long term. We can't do anything right now, even trading is for people with huge wallets.

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:31:28 PM

We don't need 1000%! A 500% would still be a great rise. If such a thing would happen every single coin would establish a new ATH. Wouldn't that be great? 1000% is just greedy. Vitalik is acting really bearish but if my coin would lose so much value as ETH did I'd be even more bearish than him.
KINGCHACHA1

Activity: 489
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:35:17 PM

The fall in coinmarketcap was scary this few days. There is going to be a massive bull run after this period. Make sure you buy especially Ethereum.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:45:03 PM

There is no chance that the cryptocurrency and blockchain space will see “1,000-times growth” again

Well, of course there isn't. It's just simple maths, and anyone with half a brain doesn't need Buterin to spell this out for them.

Current market cap is sitting around $200 billion. A 1000x growth would put it at $200 trillion. That's absurd.
fidelium1

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:45:32 PM

Never again will such a crazy growth be witnessed within the short time  that it previously did, very soon, any coin that doesn't have real economic application and usage will be condemned to die a natural death.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:45:54 PM

This is not the first time that Vitalik Buterin says about crypto, as before also he has critized crypto currency and he clearly showed that he is not interested in Cryptocurrency. That is why i think that ETH deserve to be in lower then $100

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

We don't need 1000%! A 500% would still be a great rise. If such a thing would happen every single coin would establish a new ATH. Wouldn't that be great? 1000% is just greedy. Vitalik is acting really bearish but if my coin would lose so much value as ETH did I'd be even more bearish than him.

He didn't say 1000%, which is 11 times growth, he said 1000 times growth, which is 99900% increase. He's right here, we won't see 6 milllion dollar price for Bitcoin, maybe our grand-grand kids will. But the part about “real applications of real economic activity”, is a bit more tricky - coins outside of Bitcoin, ETH, LTC, DOGE have very little actual users, even all these flashy coins that claim to be Ethereum killers barely have any users. But at the same time, most Ethereum users are just people trying to get rich quick with ICO's. So, Bitcoin is unsurprisingly the coin that fits his words the best, especially with Lightning Network being a very real thing already.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
atorle

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:53:51 PM

It is sad because it use to offer some sort of hope to those who do really do not have other defined means of becoming a millionaire, i don't think those days are over anyway, anything can happen in the space
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:57:52 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 10:36:08 PM by franky1

1. if ethereum jumps from PoW to PoS then ethereum wont see growth to 1000x.. because PoW has real underlying costs to make blocks but PoS doesnt. so ether wont have underlying acquisition costs holding it up thus less supported, and has more potential to go down when PoS block creators get rewards at no cost so will sell down the market..

2. some coins can see 1000x but that does not mean its sustainable. it just means temporal price glitches. (speculation) again based on no big sudden overnight new tech that will push acquisition costs up.. (unlike october 2013 where GPU flipped to asics for instance)

3. saying it hit a ceiling.. um.. only 2000 altcoins.. but 7 billion people yet to make their own altcoin.. we have not hit the ceiling. we have just stepped on a creeky floorboard and stopped to see who is listening

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:05:30 PM

If ETH goes back to 1 dollar then you bet your bippy it's going to be possible again.

If I was anyone in the crypto space I'd wait before the bubble was fully deflated before declaring anything. What amazes me the most is that despite all these billions sucked up almost nothing of note has been achieved. If anything it'll have made most coins look more empty and useless than ever.

You'd expect a tiny sliver of constructiveness to have come out of it all but it's hard to detect any.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 10:25:31 PM

He is totally wrong, there will still be 1000x ROI but it will take longer time than usual. Coins/tokens currently trading at 0.001 can possible give you that ROI but the only difference will be be the time it uses and now only hodlers/true investors that totally believe in the project will be beneficiaries

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:43:10 PM

If ETH goes back to 1 dollar then you bet your bippy it's going to be possible again.

If I was anyone in the crypto space I'd wait before the bubble was fully deflated before declaring anything. What amazes me the most is that despite all these billions sucked up almost nothing of note has been achieved. If anything it'll have made most coins look more empty and useless than ever.

You'd expect a tiny sliver of constructiveness to have come out of it all but it's hard to detect any.

investing in the token:
thats because it doesnt take real billions to move the price from $5,800 november 2017 to $19k+ december 2017
most order lines are filled with 0.00x btc (so moving up a few $ price is cheap)
the market cap. is not a measure of how many $ are held somewhere.. its just a multiply.

investment in the sector
as for how much real $ entered the crypto sector. alot of it is diluted over thousands of coins. which result in on average only paying a couple devs salary for a year(per project)

investment in innovation
but yea if all that funding was thrown into just 1-5 projects it would help more.
i personally would rather see bitcoin devs make a proposal and calculate how many devs are needed to code it. and how long it would take to get a bounty total. and then fundraise innovation

then the community both see innovation happen.. funding become efficient and yea if no one pays.. then no one wanted it. so devs can concentrate on what the community do want

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jpnl0005

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:49:56 PM

it is very true that the vitalik buterin crypto space innovation has been a steeping stone to most of the projects that have today seen the light of the day and also used it to raise enough funds for the betterment and realization of minimum viable products but the height it attained in January seems to be the last it can ever achieve as it is now keeping a falling trend
jpnl0004

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

the last few weeks have seen the likes of altcoins taking a dive in terms of their prices and they have failed to recover from it, one of such is the ethereum coin. it has faced the negative part of pricing and don't seem to be considering the reverse any time soon.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:42:30 AM

Yeah most of the people already realise that, and I dont wish to see a high spiking rise but end up with the major correction, I prefer to see a slow steady rising, and I do agree that all crypto got a huge pressure from the government that it affected the growth, maybe crypto growth wont be as fast as it used to be but crypto still can be a profitable investment
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:51:39 AM

He also didn't know that ethereum would become the phneomenom it did in the short time span it did.
Vitalek might know blockchain but I suspect he is not as in touch with the general investors mindset as some might believe.

He's a coder not a market maker. While his words may carry some weight and influence, it isn't enough to move the market.
I personally think that cryptos' best days still lay ahead.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:52:49 AM

This is not the first time that Vitalik Buterin says about crypto, as before also he has critized crypto currency and he clearly showed that he is not interested in Cryptocurrency. That is why i think that ETH deserve to be in lower then $100
Buterin once said that don't trust too much the cryptos, one day we will see it, worthless.

I don't know what's on the mind of Buterin on saying that, he's the co founder of ethereum yet he doesn't trust this or should we think that there's something Buterin cooking up? Certainly, he is creating his own fud.
And today, many become broke in just a matter of a second.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: