Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:41:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum (ETH) Continues To Underperform  (Read 256 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:16:49 AM

I offer a 3rd theory.

EOS, which has massed $4 billion from their year long ICO, are liquidating their ETH to buy USDT and bitcoins, which also causes the USDT issuer to issue more because of high demand. In time once all the ETH the EOS team is holding have been liquidated, they will move to step 2. Pump EOS from the billions in USDT and bitcoin they control and make EOS the 2nd most valuable cryptocoin.

Where can I download an easy to use EOS wallet? hehehehe.

Ethereum’s dismal performance has led some to ask what is causing such a drastic sell-off. At the time of writing, there currently are two primary theories that attempt to explain why the price of Ether is tumbling.

First, the introduction of a new BitMEX ETH perpetual swap contract, which allowed traders to short the price of ETH with up to 100x leverage in a similar manner to the XBT (BTC) BitMEX contract. As pointed out by Cryptoeazy on Twitter, since the arrival of the perpetual contract in early August, the price of Ether has fallen by 57%.

Although this hasn’t been confirmed, this statistic has led some to speculate that the arrival of the contract allowed pessimistic traders to weigh down on the price of ETH. Twitter user CryptoBat wrote: “Bitmex is the worst thing that has happened to ETH.”

Secondly but not least is the ICO sell-off factor, with many claiming that projects have begun to liquidate their war chests, which are often full of Ether, into fiat, leading to the current collapse of the market, not only ETH. As per data from Santiment, a foremost crypto analytics provider, projects have spent over 100,000 ETH in the past week, likely selling their holdings on exchanges en-masse, logically leading to a market drop like the one seen this week.

Read in full https://ethereumworldnews.com/ethereum-continues-underperform/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:48:06 AM

I offer a 3rd theory.

EOS, which has massed $4 billion from their year long ICO, are liquidating their ETH to buy USDT and bitcoins, which also causes the USDT issuer to issue more because of high demand. In time once all the ETH the EOS team is holding have been liquidated, they will move to step 2. Pump EOS from the billions in USDT and bitcoin they control and make EOS the 2nd most valuable cryptocoin.

Ethereum’s dismal performance has led some to ask what is causing such a drastic sell-off. At the time of writing, there currently are two primary theories that attempt to explain why the price of Ether is tumbling.

First, the introduction of a new BitMEX ETH perpetual swap contract, which allowed traders to short the price of ETH with up to 100x leverage in a similar manner to the XBT (BTC) BitMEX contract. As pointed out by Cryptoeazy on Twitter, since the arrival of the perpetual contract in early August, the price of Ether has fallen by 57%.

Although this hasn’t been confirmed, this statistic has led some to speculate that the arrival of the contract allowed pessimistic traders to weigh down on the price of ETH. Twitter user CryptoBat wrote: “Bitmex is the worst thing that has happened to ETH.”

Secondly but not least is the ICO sell-off factor, with many claiming that projects have begun to liquidate their war chests, which are often full of Ether, into fiat, leading to the current collapse of the market, not only ETH. As per data from Santiment, a foremost crypto analytics provider, projects have spent over 100,000 ETH in the past week, likely selling their holdings on exchanges en-masse, logically leading to a market drop like the one seen this week.

I have seen so many bad words about this one, even the team is lack of communication with the community about how they can create the wallet on EOS network. EOS has sold 1.5 millions ethereum in total. I'm looking for that too.
I still feel so difficult to create wallet in EOS.

Can EOS beat the bitcoin trend domination?  Roll Eyes read latest news about how SEC has been issuing another bad news.
fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

Despite on the ETH's problem it is still trying to be on the top and I think that it can do it. Price could be restored and its chances for the future increasing are promisin as well.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

maybe because of the demands about ethereum that has been so much and makes it price go down and continues to decrease its price. But its good to invest in ethereum, most investors buy more ethereum for future investments.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 12:08:28 PM

I don't really understand the theory first. for the second theory, I can understand it as ico whales who sell all tokens to fiat and make eth markets worse. but are you for bounty hunter to forever destroy your token and wait for instructions from the vitalik to sell? certainly not. we always have each choice to sell tokens. I also know that it's not good for etherum in the market and until now.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:55:05 PM

Well that is some theory  Grin

Nobody really knows but it could be true though that EOS have been liquidating a lot of eth they got from the ICO.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:02:14 PM

I offer a 3rd theory.

This is a very wonderful information you have provided here, the latest information about EOS liquidation is very incredible, I think most of the investors are migrating to the EOS blockchain for that reason.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:54:22 AM

Nobody really knows but it could be true though that EOS have been liquidating a lot of eth they got from the ICO.

There were transactions posted in an article 3 or maybe 4 months ago that showed Ethereum wallets, controlled by the EOS development team, were sending ETH to Bitfinex. Also the price has been going down since those ETH were sent.

It might only be coincedence but it would be also stupid not to speculate that the EOS development team is not dumping ETH. Also what would their next step be after dumping all their ETH and now holding USDT and bitcoins? Pump EOS, I reckon.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinhunter888

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:45:13 PM

People are blaming whoever they can for the fall of ETH but honestly, I feel that ICOs are the one to blame here. After dumping massive amount of ETH on to the market the liquidity of ETH was massively affected and that is why it has been seeing constant drop during the bearish market.
Slimztee

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:51:30 PM

Despite the beating ETH has gotten in the last month plus, I think it will still remain the second best coin after BTC for a long time. The much touted EOS is a bunch of confusion despite having a year long ICO and collected some money from the investing public. Creating a new wallet on EOS is such a tall order, they have a lot to fix before thinking of taking over the market share of ETH
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

It is through to that ethereum is underperforming. But recently it rises from $167 currently to $203, atleast it is a little bit showing sign of relevance.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2231

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:15:55 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 02:31:59 AM by Coin-1

The ERC20-token EOS was born on the blockchain of Ethereum and this promising project already migrated onto its own blockchain about five months ago. I suppose that this crypto currency will develop and evolve, and a new easy-to-use EOS wallet will be created soon. Nevertheless, currently Ethereum is the most useful coin in the ICO industry.

I don't see any solid reasons why the ETH price tumbled on the crypto exchange markets recently. Personally I treat this falling as a general collapse of altcoins.

By the way, Ethereum has bounced back to $220 (+7%), although other altcoins are still at low levels.
Eddyc

Activity: 1018
Merit: 391

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 09:25:24 PM by Eddyc

The market rivalry seems a bit distant it is not probably likely that the big holders of Ethereum will let this happen and i believe the number is gigantic. In the aspect of adoption EOS needs to be purchased day-to-day and this generates demand time that Ethereum has acquired. Now i have nothing against EOS and also support the project and have some investments in it, but is this visible maneuver feasible?

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:46:43 PM

Although i read the news that thousands of eth were sold in last couple of weeks by some icos that caused selling pressure and resulted in major decline but im glad to see that eth has rejected the price and has reversed from the bottom and now im optimistic that eth is destined to grow big now.

Raheemolu

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:49:52 PM

Honestly speaking, ethereum has recorded the worse performance in this year 2018. But thankfully enough, I think it's trying to rise back which means there is still hope.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:56:14 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 11:08:17 PM by bbc.reporter

People are blaming whoever they can for the fall of ETH but honestly, I feel that ICOs are the one to blame here. After dumping massive amount of ETH on to the market the liquidity of ETH was massively affected and that is why it has been seeing constant drop during the bearish market.

This is not blame. This is only a theory based on facts. The EOS development team holds $4 billion in ETH, not stored in their wallets anymore, but moved to Bitfinex and maybe in 2 other exchanges. What would the purpose of sending those coins to the exchanges be?

EOS' balances of ETH are held in exchanges since August or possibly before that.

https://diar.co/ico-treasury-balances/

Also, read the article I shared in this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4333347.0

The possibility of truth based on evidence is clearer now more than before.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

It could be verified with transaction code and if they could not produce that, it will remain a theory and speculation that EOS is doing that.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:49:39 PM

Ethereum will bounce back and recover soon as this massive dump cannot last forever.
It is a valuable coin and this was only a small negative episode in it`s history.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:59:04 PM

Dont look at that. It will recover. Etherium is big in the world and second most liquid currency. The majority of finance executives believe cryptocurrency will be a significant part of the future of finance – despite the fact the crypto market has dropped over 70% in total market value since the beginning of 2018. You will see big rebound by ETH very very soon
reggram

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:05:16 AM

At present, the market performance of Ethereum is really poor. The price has dropped a lot, but I am still full of confidence in Ethereum, because I feel that the entire cryptocurrency market is now at a low point. I am patiently waiting for the recovery of the market. I believe that the long-term holding of the ether The workshop will surprise me.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: