Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:23:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum (ETH) Continues To Underperform  (Read 257 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:13:38 AM

Dont look at that. It will recover. Etherium is big in the world and second most liquid currency. The majority of finance executives believe cryptocurrency will be a significant part of the future of finance – despite the fact the crypto market has dropped over 70% in total market value since the beginning of 2018. You will see big rebound by ETH very very soon

Agreed that Ethereum might recover. But we cannot deny that there are real people, presumably EOS, behind this market selling pressure on ETH to keep its price down, while supporting their own cryptocoin and preparing to pump it to 2nd place in market capitalization.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:47:18 AM

I offer a 3rd theory.

EOS, which has massed $4 billion from their year long ICO, are liquidating their ETH to buy USDT and bitcoins, which also causes the USDT issuer to issue more because of high demand. In time once all the ETH the EOS team is holding have been liquidated, they will move to step 2. Pump EOS from the billions in USDT and bitcoin they control and make EOS the 2nd most valuable cryptocoin.

Where can I download an easy to use EOS wallet? hehehehe.

Ethereum’s dismal performance has led some to ask what is causing such a drastic sell-off. At the time of writing, there currently are two primary theories that attempt to explain why the price of Ether is tumbling.

First, the introduction of a new BitMEX ETH perpetual swap contract, which allowed traders to short the price of ETH with up to 100x leverage in a similar manner to the XBT (BTC) BitMEX contract. As pointed out by Cryptoeazy on Twitter, since the arrival of the perpetual contract in early August, the price of Ether has fallen by 57%.

Although this hasn’t been confirmed, this statistic has led some to speculate that the arrival of the contract allowed pessimistic traders to weigh down on the price of ETH. Twitter user CryptoBat wrote: “Bitmex is the worst thing that has happened to ETH.”

Secondly but not least is the ICO sell-off factor, with many claiming that projects have begun to liquidate their war chests, which are often full of Ether, into fiat, leading to the current collapse of the market, not only ETH. As per data from Santiment, a foremost crypto analytics provider, projects have spent over 100,000 ETH in the past week, likely selling their holdings on exchanges en-masse, logically leading to a market drop like the one seen this week.

Read in full https://ethereumworldnews.com/ethereum-continues-underperform/

Basically, ETH is the coin for ICO. Once ICO is over, the company will sell their coin to USDT and use it to operating fees in their company.
When EOS selling ETH, no wonder that the ETH price is falling quickly in the past months because the collected amount is huge.
Let just hope there are more big ICO project so the investors doesnt afraid to buy ETH in massive amount.
Om George Kesurupan

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:50:08 AM

I am also sure that the ethereum course is preparing a strategy. with the decline of that happening. of course the team will not be silent, and will not allow this to continue to happen.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:53:14 AM

I think the result of the strategy from Ethereum team already starting to fruit.
In the last few days, the price of ETH starting to rise gradually.
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:16:49 AM

ETH has become very interesting alt coin for me for during the last time when it ws so valuable and promising in the past. I think that it will get the hight again but now its cuurrent changing is not inderstood  by me at all. I consider its restoring will be difficult so much.
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:17:04 AM

ETH has become very interesting alt coin for me for during the last time when it ws so valuable and promising in the past. I think that it will get the hight again but now its current changing is not inderstood  by me at all. I consider its restoring will be difficult so much.
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:11:25 AM

Might be so for a while, but it won't remain like that for a really long time, trust me. I believ so much in this coin, and while a lot of people might be thinking that it is underperforming, I think that it is preparing itself, for a moon shoot, and I'm preparing myself for that moment also. This isn't going to be the end of ethereum.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:08:36 AM

I offer a 3rd theory.

EOS, which has massed $4 billion from their year long ICO, are liquidating their ETH to buy USDT and bitcoins, which also causes the USDT issuer to issue more because of high demand. In time once all the ETH the EOS team is holding have been liquidated, they will move to step 2. Pump EOS from the billions in USDT and bitcoin they control and make EOS the 2nd most valuable cryptocoin.

Ethereum’s dismal performance has led some to ask what is causing such a drastic sell-off. At the time of writing, there currently are two primary theories that attempt to explain why the price of Ether is tumbling.

First, the introduction of a new BitMEX ETH perpetual swap contract, which allowed traders to short the price of ETH with up to 100x leverage in a similar manner to the XBT (BTC) BitMEX contract. As pointed out by Cryptoeazy on Twitter, since the arrival of the perpetual contract in early August, the price of Ether has fallen by 57%.

Although this hasn’t been confirmed, this statistic has led some to speculate that the arrival of the contract allowed pessimistic traders to weigh down on the price of ETH. Twitter user CryptoBat wrote: “Bitmex is the worst thing that has happened to ETH.”

Secondly but not least is the ICO sell-off factor, with many claiming that projects have begun to liquidate their war chests, which are often full of Ether, into fiat, leading to the current collapse of the market, not only ETH. As per data from Santiment, a foremost crypto analytics provider, projects have spent over 100,000 ETH in the past week, likely selling their holdings on exchanges en-masse, logically leading to a market drop like the one seen this week.

It’s underperforming since this year began of course, but this shouldn’t be strange cause it does happen in most investments. The price was down since this year began but look at it now its already recovering after hitting $100+. Just today I checked and the price is up to $232.34 or so, it has been showing signs of going up since last week and I hope that continues, other cryptocurrencies are doing the same. Let’s hope that before the end of this year that price increases again.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:31:27 AM

I offer a 3rd theory.

This is the worst time for Ethereum users and Hodlers due to this "Mass Dumping" from the Huge and Establish platform in the Market. As we notice after the slight recovery during the week Ethereum has started to return below $200 dollars level. And the worst is it will affect also on altcoins that using Ethereum Blockchain. This is a kind of double burden in my case because i'm already lossing on Ethereum and im also lossing on some Ethereum base Altcoin. but still im hoping to recover soon.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: