Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: banned from solidcoin forum  (Read 2313 times)
joecooin (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 12:13:14 PM

This is ridiculous:

I just got banned from the solidcoin forum for having pointed out that software with unpublished source is not open source and that a currency under the control of a single man is not decentralized but in fact the most centralized currency around.

My posts got deleted from what they call 'a forum for open talk on solidcoin'.

What a joke!

Grin

Joe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:32:16 PM

You can troll here, why do you spam the SC forum with troll posts? ^^
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 12:45:02 PM

You can troll here, why do you spam the SC forum with troll posts? ^^

I don't quite understand your reply.

Why do you consider me a troll and why do you consider the statement of obvious facts on the SC forum spam?

Joe

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:48:47 PM

johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:56:49 PM

Joecoin,

Spacy and Psy are both SC fans, so don't worry about them

By now it's relatively old news that RS bans anyone who he disagrees with.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:01:59 PM

Joecoin,

No, I'm not. Point me to a post where I say I like Solidcoin.
I think you are confusing me not liking douchebagexpress with me liking solidcoin.

Was just pointing out that the OP is a crybaby.

Should users banned from Bitcointalk.org open threads at other forums complainting that they were banned?

FFS...

And why is this in the alt currencies forum? At most it should be in Off-Topic.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:17:09 PM

I agree anything related to ScamCoin should be in off topic.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:25:34 PM

Not because of that, only because it has nothing to do with an alt currency, it's just someone crying they got banned from other forum. Stop being a fool.
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 02:36:20 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2011, 03:38:57 PM by joecooin

Not because of that, only because it has nothing to do with an alt currency, it's just someone crying they got banned from other forum. Stop being a fool.

The title of this forum is 'alternate cryptocurrencies'. SC is an alternate cryptocurrency and I have made three statements about it:

1 that it is not open source
2 that it is not decentralized and
3 that one gets banned from their forum if one mentions that there.

What about my post here is off topic then in your opinion?

And since I called this ridiculous and a joke and posted a laughing smiley how do you interpret that as crying?

Your reaction is like the one of some religious fundamentalist who has been told that his god is a scam.
Only you forgot the 'hail solid!' underneath your answer.

Joe

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 03:10:57 PM

It is someone providing direct evidence that the Solidcoin community does not tolerate either criticism or questions. Solidcoin claims to be a cryptocurrency alternative to Bitcoin and they advertise on this forum. The OP's post is on topic.

@OP: Psy can be safely ignored, his posts contain little content.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:08:44 PM

yea, there's no room for questions, or as they put it 'stupid' questions, or calling you an 'idiot' for not getting it. They're scaring potential investors away with their rudeness and inability to take criticism.

I talk to many miners, most are mining SC to dump and buy LTC. LTC hashrate is going up up up. Many SC miners defecting to LTC slowly. It's just a matter of time.

jig is up SC fanboys. take your profits and run!
Spacy

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:44:51 PM

What do you expect? Every day lot of people come to the SC IRC channel and troll about the same things... "SC is not open source, SC is centralized, SC sux..." They mostly don't want to discuss, just complain... This is very annoying. If they want to cry, they should go to their mummy. If you don't like football, do you go to the football stadion and yell "football sucks"? No, it's just on the internet that everybody thinks he can go everywhere and do everything withouth consequences...
johnj

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:49:16 PM

What do you expect? Every day lot of people come to the SC IRC channel and troll about the same things... "SC is not open source, SC is centralized, SC sux..." They mostly don't want to discuss, just complain... This is very annoying. If they want to cry, they should go to their mummy. If you don't like football, do you go to the football stadion and yell "football sucks"? No, it's just on the internet that everybody thinks he can go everywhere and do everything withouth consequences...

Spacey, the fact is there isn't any 'discussion' because dissent is censored.

I guess since RS has already stated that SC is "his" and "will never be a democracy", it's understandable.

But you shouldn't be surprised when people who get involved with cryptocurrencies through Bitcoin are shocked when they find out how poorly SC is managed.

Spacy

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:52:16 PM

Spacey, the fact is there isn't any 'discussion' because dissent is censored.

I guess since RS has already stated that SC is "his" and "will never be a democracy", it's understandable.

But you shouldn't be surprised when people who get involved with cryptocurrencies through Bitcoin are shocked when they find out how poorly SC is managed.

There are lots of discussions on the SC channel, it's maybe you that is sooo biased that you don't allow any discussion?
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 06:08:47 PM

the source doesn't even matter at this point, all of it is so buggy, everyone is running away from it.
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 06:13:22 PM

Calling a lie a lie has got nothing to do with trolling.

Solidcoin.info claims that solidcoin is an open source decentralized cryptocurrency, which is a blatant lie. That easy.

The only person trolling around here and crying about the fact that an obvious lie is being called a lie is you.

Instead of sending people who speak out the plain and obvious truth to their mummies you could tell us why it is ok to lie to people and to censor the truth and to discredit the whole movement of cryptocurrencies alltogether by doing so.

johnj

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 06:31:38 PM

Calling a lie a lie has got nothing to do with trolling.

Solidcoin.info claims that solidcoin is an open source decentralized cryptocurrency, which is a blatant lie. That easy.

The only person trolling around here and crying about the fact that an obvious lie is being called a lie is you.

Instead of sending people who speak out the plain and obvious truth to their mummies you could tell us why it is ok to lie to people and to censor the truth and to discredit the whole movement of cryptocurrencies alltogether by doing so.

OH wow, yeah you're right

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 06:44:01 PM

I sure hope the source code isn't released. Then I'll have to spend hours compiling it and finding ways to hack it. That will seriously cut into my gaming time.

Buy & Hold
Spacy

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 06:55:56 PM

Left out the third lie in it the irreversible RS can kill any transaction/wallet/miner he wants for his own petty reasons.

Exactly, it is a lie that he can do such things  Grin
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 09:49:20 PM

Joecoin,

No, I'm not. Point me to a post where I say I like Solidcoin.
I think you are confusing me not liking douchebagexpress with me liking solidcoin.

Was just pointing out that the OP is a crybaby.

Should users banned from Bitcointalk.org open threads at other forums complainting that they were banned?

FFS...

Having followed this soap-drama for a while I was interested to see this comment about Psy's attitude to SC.  While I tend not to read Psy's posts too closely because they have lower entertainment value, they can easily be read as pro-SC.  Wasting some of my weekend and drinking coffee I had a look at the post log and they are right - anti-bitcoinexpress, but not pro-SC.

More coffee now Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: