Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The FUD Storm. And so it begins...  (Read 1170 times)
Blinken (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:12:56 PM

Recent news from various members, like the guy who just had his RBC account closed for bitcoin use, indicate that the FUD storm, the bitcoin witch hunt, is beginning.

In the U.S. this account shutdown policy has been going on fitfully since last spring, but now we can plan on a global blacklisting of bitcoin users. The banks are going to start training their clerks how to recognize bitcoin activity and shut the accounts down promptly. Wire money to an exchange to buy bitcoins and your account will be closed.

The banks have at last figured out the existential threat that digital currency poses to them and they are going to react according.

I look forward to winning this war and gloating over their FUD-spewing bodies.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:24:24 PM

Step 1: Open the Bitcoin Bank.
Step 2: Open account for yourself.

Problem solved?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:48:06 PM

Where I live I can buy grocery using Bitcoins.

So who needs banks?

Let them close my account.
Their loss, not mine Wink

cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:49:31 PM

Honestly anyone who had their bank account closed was done a huge favor, especially if they have significant funds in there.,
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

Recent news from various members, like the guy who just had his RBC account closed for bitcoin use, indicate that the FUD storm, the bitcoin witch hunt, is beginning.

In the U.S. this account shutdown policy has been going on fitfully since last spring, but now we can plan on a global blacklisting of bitcoin users. The banks are going to start training their clerks how to recognize bitcoin activity and shut the accounts down promptly. Wire money to an exchange to buy bitcoins and your account will be closed.

The banks have at last figured out the existential threat that digital currency poses to them and they are going to react according.

I look forward to winning this war and gloating over their FUD-spewing bodies.

I look forward to winning this war without having to fight so much.
Last year was much more fun.   Cheesy

crypto33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:25:32 PM

FUD is starting to impact the market less and less as time goes on. When silk road went down price dropped like mad. Mt Gox collapsing has lowered the price but we are still holding strong at a good price at the moment. Lets get back on track!
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:04:36 PM

So who needs banks?

If your grocery is told to remove btc as a payment option, or risk account closure, what do you think they will do?

You're at the end of the food chain, there are very many points until your food gets into your grocery bag.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:09:12 PM

When I get enough coins to sell I'll let you guys know how the co-operative Bank act regarding Bitcoin because I'm with them, I'd be very surprised if they did anything but if they do I'll probably have to make an offshore account.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:09:52 PM

I had some problems with RBC and Moneybookers but could resume my activity after telling them it was not online gambling related. I do Bitcoin transactions via Virtex and they did not contact me yet. Worst case scenario, Virtex has a debit card that I can refill directly from their market.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:52:33 PM

So who needs banks?

If your grocery is told to remove btc as a payment option, or risk account closure, what do you think they will do?

You're at the end of the food chain, there are very many points until your food gets into your grocery bag.

Then I will start my own SilkRoad  Tongue
securityguy

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:05:51 PM

Step 1: Open the Bitcoin Bank.
Step 2: Open account for yourself.

Problem solved?

That also does not work as a bank requires clearing and settlement, and upstream banks which has this ability are few and are tightly controlled by the countries central bank.  So its possible to incorporate a bank but it is useless if the upstream channels refuse to service you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: