Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking?  (Read 3069 times)
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:47:44 AM

both are not safe for people who are not aware of the importance of their secret password.  If you keep your password secret then no one will be able to cheat you. 
So my suggestion is whether it is banking or bitcoin keep your secret passward secret only or else no one can save you from cheaters.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tracy2233

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

Banking is more safe as compared to bitcoin coz one can claim the lost money within the bank system even there are so many security switches in it. On thd flip side bitcoin is not safe as u can loose all ur credit if it got hacked and there is nothing to claim from.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:54:30 PM

I don't think so because bitcoin's risk is higher than any assets that you can have. It's volatility drove so many to invest on it last year when it rises drastically until it reached 20,000$ but is also the reason why so some people also hate it when their investment has decreased so much and even until now, the struggle of bitcoin continues.

julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:00:44 PM

Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

I dont think so, Banking may not be efficient as what can produce when if we invest in Bitcoin, but we can say that Bankhhasis secure way better than how deals with the anomalies and fraud regarding money and we should not be forgetful about how Banking becomes one of the prior ways how people used to save money from their hardwork for investments or even savings.

Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:15:48 PM

For me yes, Bitcoin is safer than bank but I'm not saying that bank is not a good things keep our money to them. It is just more like that in Bitcoin savings there is a probability were your amount of money could become x3 up to x10 or more depending on the price value of bitcoin when it goes up rapidly. And banks are requiring many documents while in bitcoin is not.
VK.point

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:27:00 PM

if I read what you are talking about, there are more than 1,000 cases. Is there a clear news source from the data you sent? please attach. I think that means fraud or too many forms of crime. the broader the way of fraud, people are afraid to invest. if you see an incident (bank fraud), of course people will think it's safer and more convenient to choose bitcoin. for security reasons. so you can sleep with a calm mind at night.

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

For me yes, Bitcoin is safer than bank but I'm not saying that bank is not a good things keep our money to them. It is just more like that in Bitcoin savings there is a probability were your amount of money could become x3 up to x10 or more depending on the price value of bitcoin when it goes up rapidly. And banks are requiring many documents while in bitcoin is not.
I do not think so, agreeing that bitcoin can give us many opportunities to double or triple the amount of money we have but this life has two sides, good and bad, bitcoin is similar, it can help our money rise and it can also help our money to disappear. The market during this time is enough to prove what I say, many people have lost a lot of money and can not know exactly when things will return, so I can say that the bank is safer, although our money in it has no great growth but it is absolutely guaranteed and can not disappear absurdly

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:43:12 PM

well, i think you need be careful in bitcoin, i know that there is a blockchain technology but banking is also safe.
i advice you to think twice. it's ok for me, the bitcoin is for hiding funds because you get instantly to any branches easily Cheesy Cheesy
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:46:16 PM

In terms of in actual investment I think yes because when you making investment in banks you will face personally the important person that will do your transaction. In bitcoin no you cannot found even one person in face to face because all of us have our own mask in order to let our selves secure in every possible counterfeit.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Chandan_gupta

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:54:08 PM

Yes but not fully. But nowadays bank scams has been increased so its better to invest in bitcoin than banks.
Pearl Harbor

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:57:42 PM

As far as I can see, bitcoin can not be as safe as bank. However, if you invest in bitcoin, it may be more profitable than sending money to your bank.
Charlessy

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:02:19 PM

maybe yes if we look in terms of the security system that uses the blokchain system it will be very guaranteed from theft but what is doubtful if there is fraud there will be no party responsible because bitcoin cannot be controlled by the government or the monetary authority
I think Bitcoin is safer than a bank, because decentralization makes thieves difficult in carrying out their actions. But the chances of theft still exist, because in this world there is no system that is 100% safe, no matter how small the weakness is. For decades ahead people will get used to bitcoin.
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:10:29 PM

I don't think Bitcoin is safer than banking, it is very high risk of crime. Bitcoin is not safer than banking, but Bitcoin is more modern and sophisticated than banking. Because everything related to money is very high risk, we ourselves must protect and protect our assets. whether it's stored in national banking or in our bitcoin wallet.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

of course not, if you compare the value of bitcoin which is very vulnerable to change. this is not safer than banking. however, bitcoin offers more options such as anonymity and the benefits that can increase as much as the level of buyers gets more crowded. if you are interested further, you have to read a lot from various references about bitcoin and its technology.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
GreenCoast021

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:37:48 PM

No, because bitcoin is totally a virtual currency and also its market is highly volatile though the profit is big but it is not safer than banking.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:55:15 PM

No, because bitcoin is totally a virtual currency and also its market is highly volatile though the profit is big but it is not safer than banking.

Bitcoin is safe but as to votality of the price and if you are not that risk taker then bitcoin is really not for you as it has an uncontrollable market, but in bank your investment is safe but  will not give you a great price or return to your investment.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:06:12 PM

It is very safe if you store in a good wallet because your money / bitcoin is guaranteed security from various things such as burglary or fraud and is very profitable if you save your money to crypto because for many years the price of coins is increasingly expensive, without you doing anything and without pieces every month that you have to spend.
do not worry about digital world security all protection has been prepared and set up for various fraud and burglary modes.

Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:37:31 PM

None is more safer than the other.
Banking is risky so also bitcoin.
Bitcoin wallet can be hacked and banks can go bankrupt and fold up.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

None is more safer than the other.
Banking is risky so also bitcoin.
Bitcoin wallet can be hacked and banks can go bankrupt and fold up.
Safest way to save money is under our pillow  Grin. Well, if nothing safer between bitcoin and bank, at least both of risk that  you mention is from user, bitcoin can be hacked if user careless to keep their asset. And bank it is hard to get bankrupt if no big problem happen.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:26:09 PM

NO, bitcoin is not safer than banking because with the banks your funds are secured from any sort of volatility but in cryptocurrency it is under the full swing of volatility. Anyway i still prefer investing into bitcoin other than the banking system.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: