Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mastering Ethereum  (Read 162 times)
user_ (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:13:00 AM

Dear all,
Has anyone read the draft of the book "Mastering Ethereum" by Andreas M. Antonopoulos and Gavin Wood?
If so, what are your impressions? Is it worth reading or should I wait for the official release of the book?
And as a side question, has anyone tried to compile the book from AsciiDoc format to PDF/EPUB/etc? Have you experienced any issues and how have you solved them?
Thank you,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
user_ (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:44:25 PM

An additional comment: it is quite easy to convert the Ascii doc into the HTML format using asciidoctor.
Installation instruction is here:
https://asciidoctor.org/docs/install-toolchain/
One large HTML file is created, which could then be converted into Epub/PDF or other formats.
(using for example Calibre: https://calibre-ebook.com/)
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:36:13 PM

Dear all,
Has anyone read the draft of the book "Mastering Ethereum" by Andreas M. Antonopoulos and Gavin Wood?
If so, what are your impressions? Is it worth reading or should I wait for the official release of the book?
And as a side question, has anyone tried to compile the book from AsciiDoc format to PDF/EPUB/etc? Have you experienced any issues and how have you solved them?
Thank you,
I have never read it, can you provide a link that I get references to read about this ......

user_ (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

Dear all,
Thank you,
I have never read it, can you provide a link that I get references to read about this ......

Here you go:

https://github.com/ethereumbook/ethereumbook
user_ (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:09:53 AM

Some thoughts after reading the first chapters of the book. I will post new thoughts and ideas after I finish reading the next chapters of the book. Probably these thoughts and summary will be useful for someone who is thinking whether it is worth spending time on reading this book.

1) What is Ethereum?
This chapter is a relatively good brief introduction of the Ethereum development.
How and why the idea was created, and who was behind the development.
Notes:
It is worth a quick read, especially for those who are not very well familiar with with topic.
Also, if you understand very good Bitcoin technology, this chapter is worth reading to quickly understand the differences between the two.

2)  Ethereum Basics.
This chapter provides some details about the technology, such as currency used, most popular wallets, different Ethereum networks (test and main), how to get test ether for testing the technology in the test network and how to create and rollout a basic Ethereum contract in the test network.
Notes:
The same as above.

NervousWolf

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:34:05 PM

That's an interesting news. The cryptocurrency market needs more stable coins for getting mass adopted. The new coin Gemini dollar claims to offer all the facilities that the stable coin tether could not provide.
cryptofan999

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

The book seems very interesting and is worth a look . But you should wait for the official release of the book to avoid any hiccups or anything of that sort if you're realling looking to delve into the information they have compiled. I don't think a book could be a gateway to actually mastering in trading and dealing in a complex form of currency like crypto. But it could provide good insight regardless.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:07:13 PM

"I'm getting that book because it's written by Andreas ... so the book is suppose to be
technical, not for beginners.
"
redrose8226

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

"Everytime i listen to his talks on bitcoin blockchain I develop a new and broader
perspective of this wonderful technology.I think this book will be a great help for people
and organisation to develop applications on ethereum.
"
MidnightNugget

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:25:04 PM

"Mastering Bitcoin is an awesome book. I like it much because it's very helpful for me.
Looking forward to the Ethereum version!
"
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:22:46 PM

"Mastering etherium is very helpful to know about cryptocurrency.It has a vast information about etherium. Even we can say that Ethereum has created a massive decentralized computing platform that many people are calling a ""world computer"".

"
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:13:32 PM

Mastering Ethereum is a book for developers, its offering a guide to the operation and it also use of the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, RootStock (RSK) and other compatible EVM-based open blockchains. it is good for crypto people.
cryptofan999

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:40:58 PM

Mastering Ethereum is a book for developers. it is made by advance technology. its provide better service than other. it's also offering a guide to the operation. its use of the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, RootStock (RSK) and other compatible EVM-based open blockchains. it's more helpful for ethereum people.
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:23:52 PM

Mastering Ethereum is a book for developers. it's provide better service and its offering a guide to the operation and it also use of the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, RootStock (RSK). that's why it is more useful.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 03:08:21 AM

Maybe it's a book to master the coding and network that is developed by Ethereum.
I can only say I'm a Ethereum trader at Binance and Bitrex.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: