Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:56:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose an ICO for investment  (Read 226 times)
ND_INVEST (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 11:32:11 AM

People are writing longreads on the factors to analyze while investing in ICOs. Huge lists are not very helpful, because it will take too much time to do the research and there are too many projects one has to look at to make sure one knows what ICOs are generally like. I wrote an article on medium with 5 easy steps to evaluate an ICO before investing: https://medium.com/@nd.invest.ico/is-evaluation-of-icos-really-that-hard-eb063e1eb73f. Do you agree or disagree with the points I made there? What are the main factors you look at when you evaluate an ICO?
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:05:41 PM

What you have stated here is indeed true. We do need to look and do a thorough research on the ICO project as well as the team's management and the number of experts in it to determine if it is a good ICO or not.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:15:49 PM

A lot has been said about how to spot the best ICO and bla bla bla, but the fact remains that lately, it takes sheer luck to get good ICOs. This is because an ICOs can tick all the boxes yet tank at the exchange and you'll wondering what happened to all your research and due diligence
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:37:48 PM

The best way in simple
An intensive research
Always do your own research and follow it too

Ico is not a child’s play
And it require guile and patience
liripoop

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:07:06 PM

This is a very difficult question to be answered. There are many factors that should research before investing in any ICO. But the numbers are too long and there is not much time for any investors to check those. So checking white papers, time duration in market, user opinion can be reliable sources.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

If you’re a regular investor then you know the offers that a regular company offer. Don’t trust any unknown party. Look at the market graph and take decisions. You’re the one who is responsible for your fate!
Welckomtome

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:49:32 PM

People are writing longreads on the factors to analyze while investing in ICOs. Huge lists are not very helpful, because it will take too much time to do the research and there are too many projects one has to look at to make sure one knows what ICOs are generally like. I wrote an article on medium with 5 easy steps to evaluate an ICO before investing: https://medium.com/@nd.invest.ico/is-evaluation-of-icos-really-that-hard-eb063e1eb73f. Do you agree or disagree with the points I made there? What are the main factors you look at when you evaluate an ICO?
it is like an art sometimes to feel i would rather say to smell the good project and to find it and invest in the right time
Welckomtome

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

If you’re a regular investor then you know the offers that a regular company offer. Don’t trust any unknown party. Look at the market graph and take decisions. You’re the one who is responsible for your fate!

you may ask your friends about what they pay attention on when they afe looking for and choosing a new ico for investment
Welckomtome

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:50:47 PM

This is a very difficult question to be answered. There are many factors that should research before investing in any ICO. But the numbers are too long and there is not much time for any investors to check those. So checking white papers, time duration in market, user opinion can be reliable sources.

whitepapers and paying attentioh at the websirte is important but sometimes even the most experienced ones can be fooled
EwaTohmi

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:57:30 PM

There are different ways on how to choose an ICO for investment, that's why different people or investors uses different approaches in doing it. Some will rather choose the ICO after reading the white paper, roadmap and making thorough research about the ICO and the team behind the ICO check their portfolio and projects that they have handle before maybe it was successful or the other way round.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:58:00 PM

Does the company gives you a clear vision about their projects and profits? You should know about this. Take decision wisely just because you’re investing. Always have the knowledge of current market situation. It’ll help you.
YasuoSan

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:08:59 PM

Thank you for sharing, I'm happy to read it
codebreakerz991

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:05:30 PM

Always remember choosing an ICO is one of the most difficult thing you would have in crypto because most of them are scam and wont reach their softcap , background and partnerships will ensure the overall success of their Project ! Like Foresting a solid team, advisors and partnerships that will change the social media industry to have fairness with content creators to earn tokens as long they contribute to the platform by doing quality contents ! By using blockchain technology the platform will have decentralize control , privacy and accident prevent and also a fair distribution based on voting system rather than traffic count which is spammable !
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:15:36 AM

You should carefully examine every details on the ico that they give if its correct or true or not. Most of the scam ico are impersonating some whitepapers and tend to copy some, so be careful on it. Make a proper research first before making and investment option.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
morrongiello

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:24:48 AM

Overall I agree with all of the points you were writing. I have read the same topic on bitcointalk with a little different point, but I forgotwhich thread.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:42:00 AM

Your writing is very helpful, Buddy...
However, opportunities can still be made. The more proficient a person is, the more perfect he covers his fraud.
For example, everything is complete, both website, whitepaper, roadmap, and others.
Don't close the pot door too.
However, overall your suggestions are enough to minimize victims of ICO publications.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Speed Shopper
Copper Member

Activity: 29

We actually have a product built!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:42:27 AM

I disagree with pretty much everything in this article.  The flawed thinking behind this article is what has caused so many to be scammed.  You left out the only thing that really matters and that is does this project have an actual product and is there a practical use case for this coin/token?  Check out our ICO and you will see what I am talking about.  Our app is already live in Google Play and iTunes.
www.speedshopper.io
The Speed Shopper ICO begins at the end of this month.

Aiko23

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:51:12 AM

I do not really agree, because many things that make ico failed even though it has a good team, brilliant concepts and profitable projects, because many factors can influence such as a fortune, market conditions, a supportive community, investors interested in the project and how much the team is willing to work for the project.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:53:22 AM

you should add that there needs to be a reason for an actual token. otherwise it's really just a moneygrab. lots of projects out there really don't need the token at all
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:56:23 AM

I disagree with all your opinions in your article except the first one that is good ICO need a big and strong community. 2. Good introductory video about the project is a must. We don't need this, some good project even don't have introduction video. Before join a good ICO to invest, you must know how to avoid scam ICO first, i found a good tutorials about this, you can read HERE

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: