Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:45:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why we should all use Bitcoin and no more credit cards.  (Read 931 times)
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:34:03 PM

So, I buy a Amazon Kindle Fire, because I like to read. When you configure it for the first time, you have to login with your

Amazon account (obviously) and then you are presented with 2 x FREE audio books. I accept the 2 x FREE books, to test the

audio and also to experience audio books for the first time. (I prefer reading the ebooks, but I thought I would give it a try, to

see what it sounds like.)

A month down the line, I get a sms notification from my Bank, notifying me of a payment done to "Audible" so I phone my

Bank. They inform me that it is a monthly subscription to Audible.com. (I never gave consent for "Audible" to sign me up for a

monthly subscription) This is how they do it --->  http://prntscr.com/ksqxhv  (I never even saw that, when I was offered the

2 FREE books) !!!!!!!!  Why would I sign a subscription if I just wanted to listen to the so-called FREE books?  Huh

In any way, I logged in again and cancelled the subscription and it already billed me for next month.  Angry Angry Angry

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com
Such problems usually occur with several peoples.
Similar problem also occured with me in terms of netflix account. I was uaing a free one month subscription and forgot to cancel on it. Netflix charged me for 2 months without notifying me and it was really terrible but i was much helpless.

Even i do strongly believe in you that bitcoins are way much better than such credit cards. No one should have the authority to withdraw our funds without our permission and bitcoins and each other cryptos give us the ease to use them without any such worry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:43:43 PM

We all know bitcoin is not globally acceptable that’s why peoples are using fiat money and also credit card for their transaction. I believe in near future bitcoin will acceptable all over the world.
coinages

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:47:21 PM

Even though it is a better alternative, but it is not that easy because it is volatile and it is not accepted and are banned in some countries. At the same time, a lot of stores do not even accept crypto. Maybe it will be possible in the future.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

Easier said than done. I've probably done this if only I could go to our local store and use bitcoin. But unfortunately global adoption isn't THAT widely spread as of today; so most of us pretty much have no choice but to use fiat paper money and credit/debit cards because there's no alternative.

bitcoin has no arms or legs or a voice. it is just code. bitcoin cannot get on a plane and have a meeting with a shop owner in your town. if you are waiting for bitcoin to come running in like a roman legion to invade fiat land. you are mistaken.

a message to everyone, nothing personal:
if YOU want bitcoin in YOUR town so YOU can spend YOUR bitcoin. then guess who has to go talk with their local shops about bitcoin.. (hint in capitals)

steps to hlp progress bitcoin adoption locally.
1. organise local meetups in your area with others who do know of bitcoin and like to talk about it.
2. finds out some key people who are good at
         doing a sales pitch/communicating.
         regular buyer of bitcoin or willing to give merchants fiat for the bitcoin the merchant gets
         if your area has good easy sign-up processes to an exchange or bitcoin merchant tools service. use that instead
3. if you get a good group who finds they all regularly spend at certain shops/car fuel stations. then use that as main target
4. the more people that simply do their shopping and just prompt the question "do you accept bitcoin" the more intrigue the shop will have to look into it.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Eurobot

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:33:02 PM

That's strange. Why would they even take money from your account without your permission? You need to call your bank and stop this transaction. That's a shady practice done by these kind of websites.
cryptofan999

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

I would advise you to browse the internet very carefully. These type of hideous and shady practice are very common nowadays. But firstly, call your bank and stop further transactions.
Antelopez2

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

Yes, we need cryptocurrency adoption very badly. These kind of hideous practices can never happen while using Bitcoin. There a mini benefits of using cryptocurrency as a method of transaction.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:43:04 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 05:32:52 AM by r32godzilla

Absolutely.With our bitcoins,we have full control over our money and without access to our private key,no one would be able to take our money.Bitcoin gives us both financial freedom as well as financial security.B y doing such shady activities,they are indirectly forcing more people towards bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately it happen to a lot of people. It is really doubtful but it exist on many site and under many forms.

Your right that btc protect from this kind of practice now and it is a great thing. but I’m wondering in the future if it will be always the case because I think that when banks will propose btc services and accounts they will probably think about unlocked btc wallets that could be even use in that case...
cryptoVinc5599

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:47:16 PM

It is not that easy. A lot of the local stores do not accept crypto as a means of payment. At the same time crypto is banned in a lot of countries. So switching to credit card will not be an easy task.
WaterSeal

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:10:45 PM

Switching to crypto from credit cards is not that easy because first of all, not all department stores or super shops accept payments in BTC or any other crypto. They mostly accept cash or credit cards. At the same time, there are still some countries where crypto has been legalized yet.
btchunter786

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

Bitcoin is relatively still very new and it is very far from being a conventional form of payment of any sort. Crypto has not yet even reached third world countries that well and its adaptation into normal world currencies has not even fully started yet. Traditional form of payment is still more preferable simply because of how easy it is to process and literally everyone in this world is used to simpler forms of transactions. Bitcoin still has a long ways to go.
SecureCryptoPayments

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:27:55 PM

Maybe when we can calculate crypto currency, there will not be any printed books. What do you think? And Amazon is not right, it's obvious
btcmaster999

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:49:35 PM

Simpler said than done. I've most likely done this if no one but I could go to our neighborhood store and utilize bitcoin. Be that as it may, lamentably worldwide reception isn't THAT generally spread starting today; so the majority of us essentially must choose the option to utilize fiat paper cash and credit/charge cards on the grounds that there's no option.
jamesbondbd007

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:11:42 PM

I concur it's a scummy activity, however, it is neither unlawful or a trick as you are guaranteeing. The photo you posted obviously expresses that you will be charged following 30 days, as will the little print that you didn't try to peruse.
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:17:06 PM

Indeed, you are correct additionally utilizing bitcoin will dodge auto charging like what occurs on each visa. Much the same as you are paying for reasons unknown. While in bitcoin, No more swipe or joining your data, simply put the appropriate measure of bitcoin and send it to the vendors. Bitcoin is more securely than utilizing charge cards.
Cybora9

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:53:59 PM

Feeling really bad for you. But i don't think that we can just abandon these fiat currencies or credit cards, etc. Because they are important as they are globally accepted.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 03:14:51 PM

after all, to make a credit card is very difficult, especially for someone who is just looking for income from an online business. because they need the status of workers with a minimum salary of $ 300. I submitted it last year and was refused because I didn't work. go out; I have a balance in the account of $ 1000 that I got from the bounty campaign. starting from that, I think that bitcoin is better because the wallet requirements are easier and more reasonable. bitcoin also does not have bills that occur automatically.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

So, I buy a Amazon Kindle Fire, because I like to read. When you configure it for the first time, you have to login with your

Amazon account (obviously) and then you are presented with 2 x FREE audio books. I accept the 2 x FREE books, to test the

audio and also to experience audio books for the first time. (I prefer reading the ebooks, but I thought I would give it a try, to

see what it sounds like.)

A month down the line, I get a sms notification from my Bank, notifying me of a payment done to "Audible" so I phone my

Bank. They inform me that it is a monthly subscription to Audible.com. (I never gave consent for "Audible" to sign me up for a

monthly subscription) This is how they do it --->  http://prntscr.com/ksqxhv  (I never even saw that, when I was offered the

2 FREE books) !!!!!!!!  Why would I sign a subscription if I just wanted to listen to the so-called FREE books?  Huh

In any way, I logged in again and cancelled the subscription and it already billed me for next month.  Angry Angry Angry

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com

Bitcoin has a very low fees if doing a very large volume of transaction compared with creditcard or other payments.
But one thing that people are still afraid using bitcoin is the security. Many wallet hacked every day and it's so volatile
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

Having a credit card is a stupid idea and never comes to my mind ever since,I prefer using fiats wayback that getting a credit cards that is hackable and easily to clone.i have some friens that has been victimized by thies hackers and until now they are paying the damage credit cards company brings to them so i would choose using bitcoin than this cards
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: