Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 09:28:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ETH collapse caused by panic selling of all the ETH raised in ICOs?  (Read 573 times)
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

I think that this might be a major reason why the coin is experiencing such decline in its price. A lot of persons are selling off their Ethereum as a result of fear and uncertainty, and this in turn is leading to the further decrease in the price of the coin. I wish that we could really be more patient and wait for better market conditions to come before selling.
o_pauers

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:45:59 PM

you are absolutely right. a project that has collected at least a couple of million dollars clearly will not risk and keep everything in the etherium. but there are enough projects. so they sell and start implementing their plans
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:01:34 PM

It is human nature to defend themselves. When the investors of ETH saw the constant decline of ETH, it was all natural for them to get scared and it cause them panic thinking that they might face a loss if they do not sell their coins immediately, before it takes any greater fall.
AmazingTiger

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:01:34 PM

I think the price falling of ETH is because of the collapse of whole market. ICO’s have nothing to do as they are no longer booming anymore. It’s not actually the panic selling. Very soon the value of ETH will rebound.
Owee1989

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:54:39 PM

I think eth reflects the hype of ICOs and tokens in this year. it is also crashing and decrease its price. it doesn't mean eth are shit coin, i believe that it is an opportunity to buy more and hold it for future. it will make profit in future by increasing its price.
btCHOOop

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:32:31 PM

I think it happen not only panic sale some project also the cause of market fall. ETH already take some step to stop falling. Soon the price will grow up.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:46:20 PM

I also thought that these projects sell the Ethereum in a panic, so as not to lose a lot of money or just to re-buy then cheaper later Grin. But pay attention to the projects wallets where they hold their funds - mostly they remained untouched. Large projects, except EOS, didn't sell anything. Some, of course, sold part, but small part.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:51:04 PM

I think if you look at ethereum chart technically you will know why there was selling pressure and why reversal is quite obvious after this decline, eth has rebounded from its support level which is great for longterm healthy growth of eth.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:07:00 PM

I think the ICOs only account for a small part in making ETH fall down like now. When a series of ICOs dumped their own projects, individual investors were under pressure from falling prices and they could not keep it too long. And as a result, everyone is panicking and dumping ETH

MidnightNugget

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:07:31 PM

I think they are now causing a market plummeting by selling ethereum. As they need money like you mentioned it will be no wonder if they do that. But this will cause negative reputation of ethereum
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:21:04 PM

Think at all those hundreds of ICOs which have raised millions of dollars worth of ETH each. Some of them, like the scammish Envion, even 100M$.
Now in this bear market they see their wealth evaporate. They need FIAT since they are real world projects and they need FIAT to pay for infrastructures.
So they cannot simply watch at all those millions $ EVAPORATE and jeopardizing their projects.
It is true they have raised Millions $ but now those millions $ are shrinking further and further and so I guess THEY are panic selling and crashing the price.
What do you think?
That is a possibility, many icos are having a lot of trouble to get enough funding and then when ethereum began crashing they saw that the money they raised went down dramatically, so your explanation makes sense but I don't think it was the reason of the recent crash it just fueled the crash to go for even longer than it should have gone otherwise.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:27:58 PM

Most probably as ETH is falling down but I believe that for those legit ico's out there for sure they're holding the funds and wait until it pumps so that they could run/start the project. It's just that it is very unfortunate for those who only accepted ETH as mode of payment.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:49:33 PM

I think ICOs were not the major reason for the recent dump in ETH price, because the majority of them are still holding their coins. Anyway, the faster scam ICOs selling their coins, the better for the market.
Westfiled

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:49:55 PM

Most probably as ETH is falling down but I believe that for those legit ico's out there for sure they're holding the funds and wait until it pumps so that they could run/start the project. It's just that it is very unfortunate for those who only accepted ETH as mode of payment.
You can try to track the icos wallet activity through use the santiment platform and that gives latest update about what has already happened with the wallet and how many funds that has been sent to be liquidated into the fiat or bitcoin. this could be an interesting thing for you.
A lot of the icos were contributing flash sale to liquidated their ethereum and they create big dump.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:12:40 PM

I think you're partly right. This also has a negative impact on Ethereum, but most likely it was done before, because it makes no sense to sell Ethereum now and the developers understand it. Now it is better to support it on the contrary until the price increases.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

that has always been a serious concern about ethereum among the big investors who are wise about their money. and it didn't start now that price is dropping. this concern was actually raised back when the price was getting pumped hard. people were seeing that the only reason for the big pump is the ICOs and they knew that when they start cashing out there can be a big dump.
not just that but also  like any other hype there is always an expiration date for these sorts of pumps.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
tiplols

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:02:44 PM

I believe it happen not just frenzy deal some venture additionally the reason for advertise fall. ETH as of now make some move to quit falling. Before long the cost will grow u
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

it could be that what you said is true, even that might be the main reason why ethereum prices are now very deteriorating. but whatever the problem is I hope everything will be resolved and the price will recover soon
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:34:21 PM

I think eth reflects the hype of ICOs and tokens in this year so with crashing tokens and it also decrease price but it is not shit coin, i believe that it is an opportunity to buy eth.
alexhitch20

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:38:27 PM

Don't think it's much to do with ICOs, most accept bitcoin too. More people manipulating it and others panic selling.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: