Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:48:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to transfer funds between exchanges?  (Read 350 times)
poornamelessme (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

I am still somewhat new to this, so am curious what most people here recommend when transferring funds between exchanges? I am talking about small amounts, so moving .05 bitcoins or so doesn't make sense due to fees.

What I have been doing is just using something that sells for around the same between exchanges (stuff like doge or sometimes mint), buying that at one exchange, moving it over, then selling for bitcoin again. Of course, depending on prices, there may be a bit of loss when doing it that way.

Is there a better way, or a preferred coin for doing swaps like that?
warlogna

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:06:57 PM

Fees tend to be 1% or less. So the amount shouldn't matter at all
poornamelessme (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:13:19 PM

Well, depending on the exchange, with small amounts of bitcoin, the fees or min. can be greater than what you are transferring... so it needs to be something else used. It tends to occur with the dinky exchanges more than the bigger ones.
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:16:45 PM

I am still somewhat new to this, so am curious what most people here recommend when transferring funds between exchanges? I am talking about small amounts, so moving .05 bitcoins or so doesn't make sense due to fees.

What I have been doing is just using something that sells for around the same between exchanges (stuff like doge or sometimes mint), buying that at one exchange, moving it over, then selling for bitcoin again. Of course, depending on prices, there may be a bit of loss when doing it that way.

Is there a better way, or a preferred coin for doing swaps like that?
I usually don't worry about swapping coins around exchanges too much because fees will end up killing you.

Fees tend to be 1% or less. So the amount shouldn't matter at all
Not always the case. There are places where there are solid .001 or .0001 withdraws.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: