Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How soon should you see results?  (Read 374 times)
palamedes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:00:21 PM

Hey gang I'm completely new here with a couple questions;

How soon should you see results showing up in your wallet once you have started mining?

I'm running a litecoin miner on my GPU and a memorycoin miner on the CPU on my test rig.

The litecoin is up to 180 accepted results and the memorycoin is up to 45..  those are shares of a single coin right?

When are those shares divvied up and passed out?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this so forgive any dumb questions.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

for litecoin you probably have to get like 15 million shares!! So that probably take you forever to mine 1 litecoin.

Better join a (litecoin) pool! Then you will get an even share of you work with every coin found, e.g. like 0.001 litecoin every 2-3 hours

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:07:57 PM

Try ltcbox.net if you're looking for a good LTC Pool !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
palamedes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:19:21 PM

for litecoin you probably have to get like 15 million shares!! So that probably take you forever to mine 1 litecoin.

Better join a (litecoin) pool! Then you will get an even share of you work with every coin found, e.g. like 0.001 litecoin every 2-3 hours

I have already joined pools but I guess finding a good pool is the trick?  do some not pay out?

Like I said my litecoin miner is running now and I'm at 190 accepted.. its been going for 8 hours, but I see nothing in my wallet.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

I have already joined pools but I guess finding a good pool is the trick?  do some not pay out?

Like I said my litecoin miner is running now and I'm at 190 accepted.. its been going for 8 hours, but I see nothing in my wallet.

is this when connected to a pool, or running solo?
If solo mining, you will only get paid in your wallet once you find a block and you wil get several coins at once, but with one Graphic card only, the chance of finding a block is extreme low.

If you are however mining in a pool, check the pool website for your coins, you have to transfer them from the pool to your wallet.

PS if you want to start in a pool with help, i'm starting up 2 pools myself
http://fst.nation-wars.com (for fastcoins, here you can get paid daily!)
http://smc.nation-wars.com (for smartcoins, takes longer to mine, but higher rewards)

I have currently about 5 miners and looking for more. I have IRC support for new members and newbies. Also the smartcoin pool has a 2 coins block bonus reward for anyone who does find a block!!

PM me if your need help with my pools.. (I do pay out..  Grin)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: