Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:09:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Medium account got suspended. What should I do?  (Read 84 times)
matthewoz101 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

I'm writing this post to educate others and to seek advice for myself...

My recent Medium posts started receiving no views. Which was a surprise because all of my past articles received a decent amount of views. I emailed the Medium support and they responded.

"Hello,

Your Medium account was in violation of our rules against spam and has been suspended.

Spam

We do not allow spam on Medium. All spam will be immediately removed from Medium. While it is hard to define this content with precision or completeness, here are some representative behaviors we look for that are characteristic of spam:

Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
Stories where the content is clipped with the sole purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website.
Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk, indiscriminate interactions, such as following of other accounts (follow spam), clapping, or highlighting
Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion
Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products

If you have a Membership with us, you can continue to read member-only content while your account is in a suspended state.

Thanks,
Medium Trust and Safety"

What should I do?

I sent another email regarding what I should do. I did not even know I violated the rules against spam. A shady ICO that I did an article for may of sent a bunch of fake traffic. Most of my articles are very informative posts on ICOs. Maybe I needed to add a disclaimer at the bottom of each article? Or maybe I should not of added all the project's social media links?

Really frustrating because I could of uploaded some of my articles to Steemit and still received credit from the bounties. I did not receive any warnings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: