Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:05:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shit Bitcoin Fanatics Say  (Read 8269 times)
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:09:20 PM

great, awesome video.  I donated 0.002 and shared.

Thanks for making me smile today.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zachcope

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

I just gained insight into what my wife and friends hear when I go for dinner with them....

Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:04:08 PM

heh rly enjoyed watching that videos, thumb up! Smiley

samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:11:14 PM

There is Zoloft medication for your irrational personalizing your anxiety and lashing out at someone who is rational. I am just expressing a preference for something funny enough to make me fall on the floor laughing, e.g. Homer Simpson, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, Jim Carey, SNL, Beavis and Butthead, or my best friend snorting out peanut butter through his nose, etc.

Old geezer confirmed.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:52:12 PM

I just gained insight into what my wife and friends hear when I go for dinner with them....

There are things we can only understand if we see them through a different lens  Cool

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

I'm going to kick in a tip this weekend. And might I suggest another video "Shit bitcoin haters say".  I thought this video was funny, but the crazy troll stuff writes it's own jokes.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:12:50 PM

for

TEN

Thousand

Bitcoins

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Favorite part, too - mostly the reaction of the pizza guy.

Had to wait for Youtube buffering here:
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:20:33 AM

Great stuff, I laughed my ass off!

Thanks for sharing.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:38:55 PM

Funny video is still funny  Smiley

SLAPMODE

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

EPIK!~ ummm : no "bitcoin to da moon!" ? =(
Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:54:14 PM

nyan coin.  cause it's kewl Roll Eyes
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:48:47 AM

Yes some of it does hit close to home.  Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

EDIT: How much did it cost to produce the videos?
And what was your motive for doing them?

Haha! Glad you like them!!

I think his ultimate motivation is to get Richard Branson to offer him a trip into space! Wink LOL. No really, he just loves making comedy videos for fun, he loves Bitcoin, and he was soooo tired of saying the same things over & over again to everyone he met ("No, Bitcoin is NOT a Ponzi scheme!") that he finally realized that there had to be some real comedy gold here. He's always believed that the funniest things are "real life situations", so he just put together a bunch of things that he found himself saying over & over & over again… and threw in some bonus crazy stuff as well. He hoped that if he has been saying these things constantly, then others would hopefully be able to relate to it as well. (He also likes to poke fun at himself with self-deprecating humor… you can see that he doesn't really take himself too seriously, because he's basically making fun of himself.) Sorry for the long-winded answer… I will ask him his motivation and get you a more concise answer later! Wink

It cost him about $4,000 to create the videos (professional videographer, professional editing, food on set, location costs, all those Bitcoin t-shirts in every scene!!!!, the Bitcoin sign, etc.). So if anybody is feeling generous, please donate bitcoins to him! Smiley Although he will probably kill me for posting his expenses publicly on the forum.  Tongue

If you would have posted an address, I would have accused you of pulling a Wales (think Wikipedia and intentional accident, if not up to speed). BTW, what's your bitcoin address in case I get generous while reading the rest of this nice thread?

Also, if possible, what state are you located in, albeit I'm pretty sure I could dig it up? I'm in Illinois, and would love to meet up with this dude.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:03:56 AM

It cost him about $4,000 to create the videos
What a waste.  He should have bought his girl diamond earrings instead.  

Lol! Now you're talking! Remind me to date you if I become single. Wink

Put me on the list. I'm a barn wood broker, listed on the Belgium Barn Boards Exchange (BBBE).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:07:56 AM

Sorry to say I was expecting the videos to be much funnier. I didn't bust a gut.

There's a little 1-second bite in the first video that says that Bitcoin is bringing democracy to the world. This is BAD. Democracy means majority rule.

If you are in the minority, you might not like majority rule. Bitcoin is not democratic. It is not majority rule. It is everyone for himself. It is learning how to be responsible for your own actions and freedom, or you might lose to a Bitcoin thief.

Bitcoin is the laws of nature being enacted in mathematical form to grant freedom, not democracy, to everyone in the world!

Smiley

Democracy is run by the minority, not the majority.
The majority are their slaves Wink

Gentlemen you are expressing the philosophy of the Dark Enlightenment. See also this.

I, too, didn't bust a gut, but the production quality was damn good, as well as the acting.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:20:30 AM

Sorry to say I was expecting the videos to be much funnier. I didn't bust a gut.

Probably because it isn't about trolls posting here and there.. Wink

+1

There is Zoloft medication for your irrational personalizing your anxiety and lashing out at someone who is rational. I am just expressing a preference for something funny enough to make me fall on the floor laughing, e.g. Homer Simpson, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, Jim Carey, SNL, Beavis and Butthead, or my best friend snorting out peanut butter through his nose, etc.

Even the old Wendy's commercials were funnier than that bland snot in the OP videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaMUfxVJVQ

Or some Dancing Baby or dancing dog is more entertaining than seeing his yuppie twat face:

http://bluefishway.com/2012/08/26/the-dancing-dog-video/

Even guilty dog with cute little girl is more entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u5I33rEhCQ

I am reasonably obsessed with fixing Bitcoin, but you guys are beyond pale obsessed if you think those OP videos were above a 2 on the 1 to 10 comedy metric.

Sorry no offense intended to the lady who posted them, nor her bf. They could have exaggerated the ideas much more to a much greater effect. Great comedy is about exaggeration.

Come to think of it, you are right. Shame on them for posting two videos that garnered ONLY ~50K views, bringing further attention to what you're obsessed with--Bitcoin. Shame on them!

You and I could have done better with a lesser budget and probably have gotten 60K views with only one video.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:22:29 AM

Old geezer confirmed.

Why wasn't Woody Allen on the list?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCufsHa8wU
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:30:06 AM

for

TEN

Thousand

Bitcoins

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Favorite part, too - mostly the reaction of the pizza guy.

Had to wait for Youtube buffering here:

If somebody could snatch a better screenshot, have it, although I believe I did a pretty good job thanks to the HD used during production.

g4c

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:00:59 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 05:30:55 AM by g4c

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

EDIT: How much did it cost to produce the videos?
And what was your motive for doing them?

Scott's an actor:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0741662/

I remembered him when I saw him in "High voltage" again.

He's very good, I'm suprised he had to self fund, the bitcoin production is a pro production, it doesn't look self funded.

Huh Huh Huh
I'm a little confused when watching him win $37k in the gameshow "majority rules":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIqoQDHrcI

at 6:59 when asked by the host about his occupation he says

"i'm originally from chicago, and now i own a computing and consultancy firm in los angeles"

chicago checks out on his bio, but "computing and consultancy firm"?

the show only ran between 1996-1997,

in 1996 he appeared in "Prom Pudendum"
in 1997 he appeared in "High Voltage"

I would have thought he would have mentioned that to the show host, "I'm an actor and have recently been involved with..." or was he in character as an actor during the show? Or was he really also the owner of a computing and consultancy firm and appearing in feature films at the same time?

I suppose it's cheaper for shows to produce content using actors rather than general public, prize money can then be more impressive than actors fee, more viewership less outlay.

Well either way I'm sure this bitcoin video will get many views.

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
g4c

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:21:32 AM

There are things we can only understand if we see them through a different lens  Cool

haha, how right you are!

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: