Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart contracts are soon available for all projects built on WAVES!!@  (Read 212 times)
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:54:09 PM

The latest updates on waves has just bern rolled out, and after its voted in just a few weeks , anyone can use blockchain to create a project that has smart contracts.
Using the waves asset creation and prebuilt RIDE smart contracts, all new crypto projects can use:
Oracles
Multisignitures
Freezing
Voting

And you can do it without a team of coders!!

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:02:34 PM

I believe this may be one of those moments where you look back and think
Remember when that project waves changed the way we view blockchain, who knew it could be used for more then just a currency by everyone!!!!

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:04:51 PM

Copied this from the steam writeup

It's finally happened! We have released a system update that will start the process of activating Smart Contracts on the Waves MainNet.

We have released a new system protocol for the Waves blockchain that will enable Smart Contracts. The update initialises a process of voting for miners on the network. The successful conclusion of the voting process is required to activate the new protocol and switch on smart contracts for network users. After reaching the required 80% of votes, the protocol will be activated a week later. When activation occurs, smart contracts will become available for developers who wish to use them in their projects.

What are Waves Smart Accounts?

The first stage of Waves' smart contracts launch will bring so-called Smart Accounts to the platform. In simple terms, Smart Accounts are non-Turing complete smart contracts: they allow the execution of code on the blockchain, but with deliberate limitations on functionality to avoid unwanted usage scenarios and to increase the reliability of the system. We are deliberately not going to provide users with the ability to write functions, recursions, and loops of indefinite nesting. We have explained before that we avoid constructions whose complexity cannot be predicted in advance, and that cannot be executed in a definite number of steps. That is also the reason why we have no collections or 'for each' constructions.
Smart Accounts will provide the most popular and in-demand features for the crypto community, and will apply to various token operations. The list of features to be deployed includes:

Multi-signature wallets.
Wallets that cannot be controlled by one person alone. In order to make a transaction, the required parties must provide their private keys simultaneously. This feature also opens the way for two-factor authentication and enables best security practices for the platform.

Atomic swaps.
Trustless exchange of cryptocurrencies hosted on different blockchains. An atomic swap is a direct trade between two users of different cryptocurrencies, the honesty of which is guaranteed by a single contract on both blockchains.

Token freezing.
Preventing buyers from selling or transferring tokens out of their address for a certain amount of time. This involves sending a token to a user, but ensuring it remains non-transferable and unspendable for a period of time. The most obvious use case for this is as a vesting mechanism or for team/contractor payments after an ICO takes place.

Whitelist voting.
An easy-to-implement voting process for the Waves blockchain. With this feature you'll be able to organise any type of vote with a preconfigured list of people/accounts that are able to participate in a given poll.

Data Oracles.
 An Oracle is an application that connects the blockchain to an external data source. It can place third-party data on the blockchain as a series of transactions, but cannot change this data once uploaded. A smart contract can then make payments to other accounts based on this data.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:17:39 PM

I saw these updates too and I'm quite impressed with what the Waves team have been able to achieve. I'm particularly thrilled with the ATOMIC SWAP feature which will enable the trade of two different crypto assets without necessarily having to convert to a base currency like BTC and ETH.

I think there's a project called Atomic Swap in the space with this exact same value proposition.
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:25:04 PM

Also oracles, ive always thought they were the next step in blockchain evolution.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 11:25:25 PM

Good news, thank you. I think that smart contracts will have a positive impact on the project.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:27:53 PM

Whitelist voting. This function seems to be very interesting. But how different is this function from the one offered by the NEM platform?

I think waves are an interesting platform, but I honestly do not know if it presents something totally unique and innovative. I know little of the platform, so I have this impression that it is only a shortened version of what is already offered by Ethereum, Nem and Stellar.
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:44:54 PM

Whitelist voting. This function seems to be very interesting. But how different is this function from the one offered by the NEM platform?

I think waves are an interesting platform, but I honestly do not know if it presents something totally unique and innovative. I know little of the platform, so I have this impression that it is only a shortened version of what is already offered by Ethereum, Nem and Stellar.

Kind of the point actually..
Waves is coded with scala and uses bitcoin NG protocol, so it started off with the tech by creating a platform that was faster and more streamlined then past platforms.

It then took 95% of all use cases for smart contracts, the first being token creation at the beginning, and sandboxed them using the RIDE language so that anyone can create a token and use the smart contracts without an in depth knowledge of blockchain or coding.

Waves is basically a cheaper faster less congested bloatless better version of all the platforms before it, that has the fastest and most used DEX built into the client.

IMHO its far superior to any other platform, while being worth 1/20th the other platforms marketcap.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Samurai6

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:00:41 AM

Have all of you downloaded the waves wallet? So beautiful and all the extra smart features! Bring on the volume and crypto adoption for the masses! Waves has finally got some skin in the end game Smiley
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:21:00 AM

Hmmm...  wow, guess im not the only one who sees waves smart contracts as huge.
Waves performed best out of top 50 coins

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:23:39 AM

Actually I do not understand the code as well as the strength of the Waves platform. But most of tokens from the airdrops of projects which build on the Waves platform are almost worthless. I don't think Waves platform is the good choice for the potential project. This is just my opinion, please enlighten me if Im wrong.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:49:55 PM

Due to the simplicity and cost of using the waves platform many,and i mean thousands of useless coins have been airdropped on waves wallets.
Modern adaptions of the client hide junk spamcoins in a trash envelope.

But ive never seen a situation where easier and cheaper has been a bad thing.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:35:27 AM

More icing on the cake

We are very excited to announce that our CEO Sasha Ivanov has started negotiations with the Maltese government, concerning Waves’ accreditation to work within the territory of the state. Read more: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-promotes-crypto-ecosystem-on-blockchain-island-cb1e89abda24

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: