Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:57:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security remains the #1 Challenge to solve  (Read 91 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:53:24 PM

What would you say the #1 thing you want when it comes to digital currency?  I would say it is SECURITY and proof of security.  Anonymity is done.  Ease of use is done.  Time for security! 

Anyone can easily read the headlines and ready google searches and see the vast assets being thieved from insecure wallets and even online wallets secured with 2FA.  I say the #1 barrier given all the negative exposure for years on end is security assurance.  Solve this problem and we can move out of the infancy stages of crypto.

Paper wallets stored in safe boxes just aren't feasible.  Every day, hour, minute, second or whatever it may be that a QT wallet, online wallet, or any other store of crypto assets are hacked/stolen is another year farther away from finally legitimizing crypto currency.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:19:11 AM

What would you say the #1 thing you want when it comes to digital currency?  I would say it is SECURITY and proof of security.  

For me, it's not Security... it's RESPONSIBILTY / BEING RESPONSIBLE ... In some major aspects I really don't believe that hackers can do whatever they want anytime. Those thieves doesn't have enough knowledge to by pass the current system of every market, wallets, banks and etc.,

Being responsible is the number one thing  that comes off in every individual whose using digital currency.
If anyone here is a hacker then I dare them to hack my account, I'm a Professional Programmer so tell me if you have the guts to do the hacking.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:30:59 AM

When it comes to internet & the cyber space & algorithms, you can't assume 100% security, but we hope for the majority of that percentage to be at least 90% or why not 99%.

As you can see when it comes to security, it' proved now that old " tips & tricks " have the advantage on many technological stuff, like the wallets you just mentioned in your OP.

For me I'll prefer the pen & paper tech lol, especially for the crypto because they can't be cracked with the right tools or brute-forced or...
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:20:56 AM

It's disappointing to have to say it but all I see so far is a defeatist attitude and a disbelief that the current infrastructure needs improved security.

Look at post after post on the internet of some account or another being hacked.  Security is clearly inadequate and important steps need to be taken to revamp existing security infrastructure.  I believe the technology is there to make it secure but people falsely believe that everything is okay while breach after breach... Billions after Billions of digital assets are thieved to some nefarious central organization or individual.  Without good security we can never achieve decentralization and I'm sure there are people who gladly pay even more than what is thieved in order to hedge against the success of cryptocurrency.

We have to be better at security if we want to see cryptocurrencies succeed.  Viruses are much easier to deploy to people's computers then what people realize.  2FA used in online web applications may also need further security development.  As long as we as consumers have an attitude that says this is fine and as good as it gets then the longer we'll remain in a sub-optimal reality where 2-bit thieves can steal assets because they read how to or bought info in some darkweb chat room.

If security isn't the answer to Billions in crypto theft every year then what is?  Has an attitude that says leave it up to people worked so far?  I don't think this attitude has worked, nor will it ever work.  The big prize will go to the security professional who solves this problem.  Until then, everyone will think they are the fastest gun in the West until they find their wallets empty.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀