Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you Think the True Value of Bitcoin Is?  (Read 2240 times)
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:08:31 AM

In December the price of Bitcoin was near $20,000. Today, the price hovers around $6,500.

Which is the real value? Do you think the market is telling us the Truth?

This is very unpredictible market actually. So to tell about market is very taff as well as. Crypto market is not like other share market that its price of up and down can control. I could not believed that it down form 19k$ to 6k$. It was so barrish to see me. I will say only GOD knows what is true and false in crypto market where any prediction does not working.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trader_999
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:22:50 AM

In December the price of Bitcoin was near $20,000. Today, the price hovers around $6,500.

This is very unpredictible market actually. So to tell about market is very taff as well as. Crypto market is not like other share market that its price of up and down can control. I could not believed that it down form 19k$ to 6k$. It was so barrish to see me. I will say only GOD knows what is true and false in crypto market where any prediction does not working.

while predictions are not working, we just should believe in crypto future. support coin that u like and where opportunities are shining bright.
londawzen

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:47:56 AM

Accurate truth fucking bitcoin today is not. It won't. Because bitcoin will not have a stable price. It will grow, it will fall. But a great joy for all of us. This is when bitcoin will grow. To earn more Roll Eyes
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:59:43 AM

We couldn't predict the over all true potential of bitcoin today, because every now and then markets moves and we couldn't tell if somebody have a ploy plan to take advantage of this said movement.

nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:59:55 AM

while predictions are not working, we just should believe in crypto future. support coin that u like and where opportunities are shining bright.
Things are not the same always therefore, predictions don't fall accurate on the line mostly now a days. One thing is for sure that crypto is the future. It may take time to overtake the traditional economic system but it's encouraging for all it's supporters that with a slow pace it is making ways for the real world use. With the passage of time crypto will flourish. It is needed to be strength by it's followers and make proper use of crypto in payment systems.
Dukjila

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:05:20 AM

We must understand that the launch of the CME's Bitcoin futures contracts and subsequent rise and fall of Bitcoin was not a coincidence.

The implementation of futures contracts on gold and silver have had similar effects. One needs to only wonder why was the launch of gold futures contracts was implemented at the same time the Gold Reserve Act was completely repealed. Americans were allowed to own gold again on January 1, 1975. Comex gold futures launched in December of 1974.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/comex-gold/

*Also, a Wikileaks document shows direct intent to suppress the price of gold:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1974LONDON16154_b.html

I would beg any who are interested or invested in cryptocurrency to please do more research on the topic of price manipulation - you should come to the realization that the price in fiat of these assets does not matter, simply because it is inaccurate.

If you understand the banking system in the U.S. and understand that Gold, Silver and Bitcoin have true, intrinsic and persisting value you will understand the motive and that without question these assets are manipulated.

What is the true price of Bitcoin? $20,000? $6,500? I do not know.

What I do know is that it is worth more than the intrinsically worthless U.S. dollar we force ourselves to use on a daily basis, so I will be buying as much as I can while the price is this low.

I believe the price of a Bitcoin is much higher than $20,000 - but we may be in for a long while of manipulation before we see it again.

The best we can do is to buy as much as we can to make it as difficult as possible for the price to be suppressed. Once they lose control.....to quote all the Redditors and memes - "Then Moon."
There is no fixed cost Bitcoin, because the value is formed by investors, based on trust in Bitcoin.

The more trust - the more price!
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:10:51 AM

It is very difficult to know the true value of bitcoin, because the value of bitocoin is not just measured by the amount, and price in dollars or fiat, but it can be seen from how many bitcoin users, both those who sell, and store or also hold bitcoin. surely bitcoin has a high enough value in large enough numbers and is trusted by many people and has the power to lead the crypto currency market.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:06:31 AM

Because the electronic money has so many advantages, it becomes a trend that the greater the logic and real value of Bitcoin, the more the economy will grow because of the following reasons :
Quick transaction
Unlimited transaction amount
Safe
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:40:17 PM

for me id say 6k is the true value of bitcoin because bitcoin is now becoming stable on this level . even if we say that bitcoin will pump or will reach a new ath , bitcoin can still loose that gains and he will still comeback to its base price .

The true value of Bitcoin depends on us .
It only have a value because of the demands but if there is no demand then it would be useless.

what about supply ? other than demand , supply do also plays a major role on the price of a crypto because if the supply is lesser , we can also expect a higher price but when the supply is high , the value will still common .

but yeah , the value of bitcoin will always depend on the people , if not us then bitcoin wont became popular .
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

It's simple.  The value of bitcoin is how much faith people have in it.  Look at the US dollar.  It is really just a worthless piece of paper but citizens have faith that it will have value tomorrow so they conduct commerce with it.
Fedor07

Activity: 282
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:51:18 PM

Yes, i think that the market is trying to show us the real value of bitcoin . Bitcoin in 2017 has reached almost 20k and as you said he dropped again to 6000$ . And i think that he will not reach 20k$ again very soon . Its gonna take some time to reach that value again . Its a pretty big value .
UnknownHolder

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:07:37 PM

Today it is $6500
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

We must understand that the launch of the CME's Bitcoin futures contracts and subsequent rise and fall of Bitcoin was not a coincidence.

The implementation of futures contracts on gold and silver have had similar effects. One needs to only wonder why was the launch of gold futures contracts was implemented at the same time the Gold Reserve Act was completely repealed. Americans were allowed to own gold again on January 1, 1975. Comex gold futures launched in December of 1974.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/comex-gold/

*Also, a Wikileaks document shows direct intent to suppress the price of gold:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1974LONDON16154_b.html

I would beg any who are interested or invested in cryptocurrency to please do more research on the topic of price manipulation - you should come to the realization that the price in fiat of these assets does not matter, simply because it is inaccurate.

If you understand the banking system in the U.S. and understand that Gold, Silver and Bitcoin have true, intrinsic and persisting value you will understand the motive and that without question these assets are manipulated.

What is the true price of Bitcoin? $20,000? $6,500? I do not know.

What I do know is that it is worth more than the intrinsically worthless U.S. dollar we force ourselves to use on a daily basis, so I will be buying as much as I can while the price is this low.

I believe the price of a Bitcoin is much higher than $20,000 - but we may be in for a long while of manipulation before we see it again.

The best we can do is to buy as much as we can to make it as difficult as possible for the price to be suppressed. Once they lose control.....to quote all the Redditors and memes - "Then Moon."

You cannot define bitcoin value. Everyone can define with different values, even you can say the true value of bitcoin is $400 in 2015.
Bitcoin value is not static, but it is always dynamic, same as other cryptocurrencies. But recently, the bitcoin price is more stable than other altcoins in the market.
I think bitcoin doesn't have a "value" in price. I think it has a banter purposes value. Which means if we compare the price of bitcoin to the price of dollar than we are not going to get a true value of bitcoin. Since bitcoin gains value over years with lack of resources (limited to 21 million max) we are not going to get anything of value when dollar is losing value every year (inflation).

So if dollar keeps dropping in value and bitcoin getting more valuable, we can't say how much bitcoin should worth in dollar. However I can say that bitcoin should be really valuable compared to things you buy, for example just couple satoshi for a cup of coffee sounds reasonable.
halfmil

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:23:50 PM

True value is whatever someone else will give you for it. Value is subjective not objective.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:21:14 PM

I guess, $ 6.500 is a real price not the price of manipulation which we can see now.

In my opinion the 'bitcoin futures contract' conducted by CME's one of the strategies of the popes and at the same time as the main cause of all the declines which occurred throughout 2018. Although at first, they built crypto prices towards a better direction (for a moment), in the end they destroyed and left it after getting huge profits from bitcoin which they had exploited massively.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:01:23 AM

There are billions of people around the world that is going to use it so it is just accurate enough to say the least that it is worth $1M. We want people to see spending their few satoshis to buy a single cheap item. That would be the perfect setup that I'm dreaming that would happen in 2-5 years.
0xBitcoins

Activity: 115
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:49:40 PM

It's simple.  The value of bitcoin is how much faith people have in it.  Look at the US dollar.  It is really just a worthless piece of paper but citizens have faith that it will have value tomorrow so they conduct commerce with it.
What true means here? clarify it please, every price is true price but not permanent, it is actually temporary price and keeps on changing with the passage of time.

Currently, we have its value equal to 6588 US dollar and few days ago it was something else and if I tell you the yesterday's value it was 6623 US dollar and now you start thinking about this increase and decrease behind which it is demand rate which changes continuously.
WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:41:27 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 06:52:17 PM by WinslowIII

dont look at the bitcoin price and ask what is the value.

instead do some maths on the cost of creating bitcoin. (mining)
EG take the hashrate and divide it by the amount of asics needed to get that hashrate
work out the electric costs needed.

then once you have the XX electric/hour.. divide that by 6(amount of blocks per hour)
then divide that by 12.5 to get the cost per btc.

now you have electric VALUE cost.... also imagine the asic equipment has a years shelf life. so take the initial amount of asics needed and cost them at ~$850 each.. then divide that by 657000(12.5*144*365 is bitcoins mined per year) to get the physical rig cost per btc

scrw it. ill give u an exampl based on todays stats
hashrate: 38exahash  (38million terrahash)
2714286 asics(38m /14) (because each asic is 14thash)
each asic is 1.3kw/h
3528571kw/h

lets say electric is 5cents an hour = $176428.57 per hour
=$29404.76 per block or electric
=$2352.38 per btc for electric
now add on physical cost of rig
2714286* $850=$2307143100 per year shelf life
=6320940 per day
=$43895.42 per block
=$3511.63 per btc

so 2352.38+3511.63=$5864.01

and now you see the bottomline average cost of mining btc this month..$5864
which explains why the btc price did not dip below that value
(take into account my maths is rough/bottomiline, costs can be higher for area's that are not 5cent/kw)

now ill leave you to do some maths if the hashrate went up to 42exahash which will start to become a new hash average soon
(simple hint for lazyness.. take the end total... divide by 38 then multiply by 42, if you dont want to do it the long way round)

then you can start thinking about hashrate of the future and calculate costs..

.. then and only then look at the markt price and see how close to the cost (near bottomline value) or how far above(lots of over valued speculation) there is

This doesn't explain shit actually. If the price falls below the current cost to mine a bitcoin, many miners will be turned off, lowering the difficulty and thus the rewards will increase for those left and the price to mine a bitcoin will adjust down. Bitcoin price could drop to $100 tomorrow and it would be profitable if only a handful of miners were kept mining.
Transactions per block and exchange volume are better numbers to look at regards to price because that reflects demand. Thus, the current price to mine a bitcoin is merely a result of current demand, not a cause of price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: