Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO SELL AND TIME TO HOLD  (Read 433 times)
Msworld83 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:11:11 AM

I believe there many things we all need to understand when it comes to trading.

We all aim to get profit while trading and it turn out for some to be so and to some the other way ( lost), then I realize that there many basic rules that we don't put in to consideration which lead so many of trader in lost today.

Some choose to be a day trader and some long time , which I think are both good but different rules apply to both , in day trading you have to be active ad devote your time to do this in other not to loss your investment but in long time, all you need to do is to know when the token fall ad enter at the bottom to sell high which only require little of your time to check and set your stop lost to curb your lost .

But basically many dwell so much on holding, which I believe is good too but there rules that guide holding too while some say you sell and move on or buy another token or may be rebuy at the bottom , but many still sell and regret selling while some hold and regret holding too , which has made me realized that there is always a time to sell and time to hold.

Firstly, we need to understand some basic things in technical analysis which I think is good for trading and backup with fundamental analysis and don't forget that we have big boys too in the market , that manipulate price to their favour.

Secondly, don't have any romance with any coin , all are good only when it gives you profit ,so there is time to sell and time to buy ,with support of your technical analysis and you can rebuy again when it dip to get some more token.

I think this bear market is best time for long term investors to buy some token as little as $50 on like 5-10 coins or even 2 or 1 just as your capacity is and wait patiently for the time ,also make sure it's a good and potential token because many are out there as a scam .

Day trader have their choice to follow any of the tools to know when to get in or out by using 1h, 4h or 1d chart to determine their target but will be cool if their daily target are like 3-5% which I think is achievable on daily basis and don't always forget to set your stop lost.

I think this will help a little way for those that are new to crypto and I will like more people that know little or more on how to be a successful trader to add some advice for newbies to learn ,
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:38:50 AM

if you are HOLDing then you can not call yourself a trader and using the word "long term" doesn't change a thing. it is an investment and as investments go you need to invest in something that has a good long term potential with low risks but a decent reward (profit).
in my opinion altcoins do not satisfy these conditions so they can not be considered investments and as a result HOLDing means nothing for them. and you shouldn't be doing it. which is why there are so many day traders in altcoins and many newbie bag holders.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:02:40 AM

I believe there many things we all need to understand when it comes to trading.

We all aim to get profit while trading and it turn out for some to be so and to some the other way ( lost), then I realize that there many basic rules that we don't put in to consideration which lead so many of trader in lost today.

Some choose to be a day trader and some long time , which I think are both good but different rules apply to both , in day trading you have to be active ad devote your time to do this in other not to loss your investment but in long time, all you need to do is to know when the token fall ad enter at the bottom to sell high which only require little of your time to check and set your stop lost to curb your lost .

But basically many dwell so much on holding, which I believe is good too but there rules that guide holding too while some say you sell and move on or buy another token or may be rebuy at the bottom , but many still sell and regret selling while some hold and regret holding too , which has made me realized that there is always a time to sell and time to hold.

Firstly, we need to understand some basic things in technical analysis which I think is good for trading and backup with fundamental analysis and don't forget that we have big boys too in the market , that manipulate price to their favour.

Secondly, don't have any romance with any coin , all are good only when it gives you profit ,so there is time to sell and time to buy ,with support of your technical analysis and you can rebuy again when it dip to get some more token.

I think this bear market is best time for long term investors to buy some token as little as $50 on like 5-10 coins or even 2 or 1 just as your capacity is and wait patiently for the time ,also make sure it's a good and potential token because many are out there as a scam .

Day trader have their choice to follow any of the tools to know when to get in or out by using 1h, 4h or 1d chart to determine their target but will be cool if their daily target are like 3-5% which I think is achievable on daily basis and don't always forget to set your stop lost.

I think this will help a little way for those that are new to crypto and I will like more people that know little or more on how to be a successful trader to add some advice for newbies to learn ,

That is the basic knowledge about trading and I believe we already know that but how we handle emotion or keep disciplines with our rules is important. Many people can show their theory but in field they are loser. Your calculation is good and keep up date your information for us.

criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:31:01 AM

if you are HOLDing then you can not call yourself a trader and using the word "long term" doesn't change a thing. it is an investment and as investments go you need to invest in something that has a good long term potential with low risks but a decent reward (profit).
in my opinion altcoins do not satisfy these conditions so they can not be considered investments and as a result HOLDing means nothing for them. and you shouldn't be doing it. which is why there are so many day traders in altcoins and many newbie bag holders.

With so many ALTS there must be some that you possibly think are worth holding though? I hold quite a few because i think they do have the potential to be game changers and increase substantially in the future. i think a lot of altcoins meet these conditions and i have done quite well out of my holding some and day trading others strategy so far. Some of them even earn me a passive income like KCS (kucoin exchanges own coin) so i would consider them as investments.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
GreotDollyce

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:37:32 PM

The crypto market is shape through sale and hold. Those coin have low price analysis on these then you decide to hold it or sale it. Tose have good price try to sale this. Now the bitcoin is in good form so try to hold it till the end of the year.
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:44:54 PM

I agree with this, why do people buy coins and hoping that one day they'll get rich after that?

if you call yourself as trader, you know that trading in short period is much profitable than just holding it
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:47:53 PM
Merited by 94K (4)

Well,  we all aim to gain profits while trading that's why we take our time to study when is the right time either to sell and to hold. Holding makes an investor or a trader keep his or her coin for a long term and this makes the term trader cease when the trader holds  for a long time.
ethanharris685

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:59:59 PM

Ofcourse there's no way of knowing for sure. Certainly wouldn't be selling at this point though with the market already so low, especially alts.
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:26:15 PM

This is time to buy and hold to die. Just need to check and find potential projects.
ORC (Organicco) is one of them. ORC is security token, not utility, you can own and hold to earn profit in future!
You can check info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3379079
onlygodknowsx

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:26:14 PM

All member here in forum is notice about crypto and we start for a bounty campaign as a beginner save coin we earn from project and use it to invest some coin you search that good time to time will look at the parallel of how the crypto will increase and decrease hold and patience is the key to earn time to buy when the currency is low and time to sell when it comes increase at-least %20 to %50
msbtrooper

Activity: 352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:31:02 PM

In my own opinion, I think the time to buy is when the price is low and the time to sell is the time the price goes up. This is how someone can make profit from trading cryptocurrency
rabinot

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

and yet I do not oppose trade, but personally I do not get it at all and personally I will not trade but will only keep for the long term

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:35:56 PM

How you know when it is the time to buy? For me, now is the time only to hold my coins and also it have enough fiat, then you can go and accumulate your coins if you still believe and dare enough to buy.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:37:12 PM

I think a trader who is good in reading charts and technical analysis will never hodl, because he can extract more profit by trading and he trades what he sees, so for such a person hodling is never an option, hodling is for new investors and someone who has extra bucks and want to invest for a longtime to see gains after years of growth.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM

I just feel this period is for traders, people need to have short, medium and long term strategies in the space. Most people are thinking the time of 10X return will continue and have turned to bagholders of these tokens. We need to hve a rethink because we have all seen that everyone is hurting
Ar.harry

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

Its time to hold your coins because  ethereum is very down nowadays so its better to be patient and watch untill ethereum grows and sell your coins when ethereum rises.  You will got huge profit from it.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:50:03 PM

In my opinion, I think it's better to hold now than to sell. Why? because the markets are too low and you will just lose bunch of your money if you sold it now. If you really need the money then sell it but if you're planning big for the future or maybe thinking of it as an lifetime investment then hold it as long as you can.
virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:54:38 PM

I just feel this period is for traders, people need to have short, medium and long term strategies in the space. Most people are thinking the time of 10X return will continue and have turned to bagholders of these tokens. We need to hve a rethink because we have all seen that everyone is hurting

You say exactly, if everyone thinks hold coin is profitable, then who will be the buyer and the seller? And the coin will have a low volume, even if it is high it will not have good liquidity to sell a large amount of coin.
Rangerman

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:03:14 PM

That is the essential information about exchanging and I trust we definitely realize that yet how we handle feeling or keep disciplines with our tenets is imperative. Numerous individuals can demonstrate their hypothesis yet in field they are washout. Your figuring is great and keep up date your data for us.
slightmoon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 08:29:22 PM

I believe with knowledge we can reduce the loss of capital not much more. Many times luck play really big role. Many time all the analysis failed. It's just the matter of time when you what apply. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: