Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do traders pay income taxes?  (Read 1583 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:38:34 PM

I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?

Cryptocurrency is not regulated so there is no taxation in the income of traders. Also, it is difficult to tax because it is hard to track blockchain transactions and the identity of each wallet and the corresponding trader who uses it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kolikalex55

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

simply getting the job done

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:15:00 PM

In General, the cryptocurrency is anonymous and no one knows how much you received and how much money was withdrawn, but how much I know there is a tax in Australia.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

It depends of the tax regulation of each country  but traders should pay taxes on their profits at the end of each year.
Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.
cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:59:30 PM

If you are asking about US law (as defined by the IRS), then yes, technically any and all income should be reported and factor towards determining your taxable income.  If I hand you a dollar at the lunch table, technically you're supposed to report that as income, as defined by IRS rules.  Clearly, many traders and investors in cryptocurrency are likely not reporting realized gains, either out of naivety or conscious tax evasion.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
Daisuke

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:01:58 AM

I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?
As far as I know there no tax here in crypto or i dont know but here in our country we dont haven taxes for crypto i dont know in some country
astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:08:15 AM

I have never paid taxes directly because of the trade because there are no rules in our country yet, but I am sure the local exchange companies that we often use for exchanges and trade take fees for the activities we do either deposit or withdrawal and I am sure they pay taxes for exchange companies
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:24:31 AM

I guess not. All traders work in different residences and the company cannot keep track of all this. So either the trader pays or no one .
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:32:05 AM

in my country there are no regulations governing the tax on cryptocurrency. so no matter how much profit I get from Trading or mining I don't need to pay taxes. but the thing I don't like about this is that crypto doesn't have a clear status in my country.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:35:21 AM

Id like to state my reason, that in the laws of the land of a certain country, if it categorizes tax for crypto then its applicable to submit income tax, but here in my country Philippines, there was no laws that specifies income tax for crypto trading, hence the government is still in studies on how it could benefit in the economy, if it pushes.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:38:05 AM

Yes i think in future there will be a complete regulations about profit that you gain from cryptocurrency, i believe there were several country that already have a tax for cryptocurrency for example japan. This news might give a picture about taxation of crypto gain in japan. https://cointelegraph.com/news/japanese-taxation-committee-seeks-to-simplify-cryptocurrency-tax-reporting

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:21:14 PM

As far as I know if you are in Korea or Japan, you need to pay tax on crypto. And if you live in another country, you do not have to pay taxes. I have been trading for over a year and I have never had to pay any fees for my profit

Dima95

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 12:22:57 PM

I think that the most of them try to avoid any taxes. However, i wouldn`t mind to pay taxes if they are around 5% of income.

manbota

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:38:15 PM

I believe that you need to pay taxes in the event that the country legalized cryptocurrency and provides clear conditions for the payment of taxes. But another question - today, only some countries have legalized cryptocurrencies, in the remaining cases, traders are forced to work without any legal norms.
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:56:15 AM

Probably none of the traders cryptocurrency does not pay taxes because it is impossible to track , and I'm not a supporter of what we would pay taxes , it's just theft!

Personally, I trade infrequently and I do not pay any taxes for this activity although it is considered to be a kind of good business. I do not know any trader, who pays taxes, although I can guess that the guys exist in some European counties.
JayCue

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 03:14:23 AM

I'm not yet sure if there is already a law regarding cryptocurrencies here in our country. I think there is no regulation yet but I know that time will come that the government will impose some laws in it since we are slowly adopting this technology.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
LoadingPage

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:14:54 AM

Probably none of the traders cryptocurrency does not pay taxes because it is impossible to track , and I'm not a supporter of what we would pay taxes , it's just theft!

Personally, I trade infrequently and I do not pay any taxes for this activity although it is considered to be a kind of good business. I do not know any trader, who pays taxes, although I can guess that the guys exist in some European counties.
maybe there are some traders who pay taxes but trade in real terms and have big shops, if at Crypto I don't think there is because in every country there are still those who have not been permitted and are not legal. maybe if permitted in each country, and the possibility of paying taxes is an opportunity.
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:51:51 AM

As far as I know companies brokers take on this task. When withdrawing money, they appeal to the Commission, part of which goes to pay taxes.
ligerti

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:35:00 AM

In each case, this decision depends on the tax requirements in a particular country. In my country, cryptocurrency is not legalized, so there are no legal rules governing the payment of taxes. But in fact, I will be very happy if in my country traders get the opportunity to legally work and pay taxes.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:43:54 AM

These taxes depend on county where trader lives in. For example, there are no taxes on crypto trading in Belarus, but Russia has this kind of taxes.
Janevinex

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:11:30 PM

Well, I trade and do not pay taxes, the state does not help me to develop business and does not give anything in return , then why should I pay tax to the state ?)

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: