Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.com still not utilizing Segwit?  (Read 375 times)
1Referee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:30:24 PM

What of the approximately one trillion threads of screeching about high fees back in the day? I guess memories are short but they'll come back with a vengeance if it happens again.

Coinbase can't move back and forth just based on how congested or not congested the network is. If Coinbase batches transactions right now, people complain about slow withdrawals and demand instant withdrawals. If Coinbase isn't doing anything and just maintains its current roadmap of instant withdrawals, people will still complain later on when the fees start shooting up again. In other words, it's near impossible to satisfy people, regardless of what Coinbase ends up doing.

Considering that high fees are only high for short periods of time, I think that Coinbase's roadmap of offering instant withdrawals is the best formula to utilize.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 02:49:24 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know if blockchain.com has implemented segwit yet??? I don't seem to be able to create a segwit address there. Surely there's a way??? I did a bit of searching on google but I couldn't really find anything. Thanks.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 03:00:41 PM
Merited by Sutters Mill (1)

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know if blockchain.com has implemented segwit yet??? I don't seem to be able to create a segwit address there. Surely there's a way??? I did a bit of searching on google but I couldn't really find anything. Thanks.

Not to my knowledge.

As long as Roger Ver retains a hand in it it's unlikely to happen unless their numbers fall away big time. You can do your bit by telling them you won't use them until they pull their fingers out of their sphincter.

There may a bunch of back end work they'd need to do that they can't be bothered to do. Not sure and not arsed. Almost anything else is a better alternative anyway.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 03:18:41 PM

Not to my knowledge.

As long as Roger Ver retains a hand in it it's unlikely to happen unless their numbers fall away big time. You can do your bit by telling them you won't use them until they pull their fingers out of their sphincter.

There may a bunch of back end work they'd need to do that they can't be bothered to do. Not sure and not arsed. Almost anything else is a better alternative anyway.

Dang, they still not done it. I'll probably move away from them as the fees can be quite large sometimes. I can understand it might be a bit of back end work and they need to make it a smooth transition, but it's been a few years now so they should have implemented it. Shame because it is a slick and easy mobile wallet to use. I tried signing up to coinimi today but there seems to be an error with their seed generation if you can help me out there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5269451.msg55013546#msg55013546
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Still havent even up to this day but they do have the time on adding up these craps.

coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 11:45:04 PM

Not to my knowledge.

Dang, they still not done it. I'll probably move away from them as the fees can be quite large sometimes. I can understand it might be a bit of back end work and they need to make it a smooth transition, but it's been a few years now so they should have implemented it. Shame because it is a slick and easy mobile wallet to use. I tried signing up to coinimi today but there seems to be an error with their seed generation if you can help me out there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5269451.msg55013546#msg55013546
You seem to come across some bad options while looking to use a wallet who generates Segwit addresses. Blockchain.com wallet is a nasty wallet imo and Coinimi is not that friendly use.
Why don't you try Electrum? Either with desktop or mobile versions, using it wasn't that hard for newbies and experts. Here a full list of some better alternatives (except for bitpay) from bitcoin.org where you can sort them based on your device/operating system: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet?step=5
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: