Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Creator Believes Days of 1000x Crypto Growth is Gone  (Read 176 times)
9jaflick (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:55:53 PM

According to Vitalik Buterin, the co-creator of Ethereum, the days of 1000x growth as seen in 2017 in the cryptocurrency sector is gone.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Buterin emphasized that the awareness of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has already achieved its high point in Dec. 2017, when the price of major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Bitcoin Cash demonstrated 10 to 300-fold returns
https://www.ccn.com/why-ethereum-co-creator-believes-days-of-1000x-crypto-growth-is-gone/

Do you think ICO companies are the ones killing the ETH market, due to the rate they dumped the ETH they collect from their sales?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

According to Vitalik Buterin, the co-creator of Ethereum, the days of 1000x growth as seen in 2017 in the cryptocurrency sector is gone.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Buterin emphasized that the awareness of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has already achieved its high point in Dec. 2017, when the price of major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Bitcoin Cash demonstrated 10 to 300-fold returns
https://www.ccn.com/why-ethereum-co-creator-believes-days-of-1000x-crypto-growth-is-gone/

Do you think ICO companies are the ones killing the ETH market, due to the rate they dumped the ETH they collect from their sales?

Vitalik made that statement in respect to the fact that cryptocurrency has come quite a long way in terms of publicity.  So such x1000 growth  is unlikely going to happen. Even if EtFs rulings are in favour of cryptocurrency in the near future

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:05:58 PM

i will agree there will be no 1000x and it is highly unlikely that btc will again hit 20000$ at the end of this year. we should forget about the crypto for some longtime like 3 years

bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:14:27 PM

Such statements certainly do not help the market to calm down.
He may even be right, but such a statement comes at the wrong time.
I have the feeling that such statements should further depress the price.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:22:16 PM

I think it's not Vitalik or ETH that causes all coin prices to go down, this can be the work of a group of people who use Smart Contracts and ICOs to get money quickly.

masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

For ETH price go down, the cause maybe not only from bounty ....
ETH mining i think participate in this case, because my to do that.
Every week, he sell ETH from GPU mining.

-= OI =-
Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:26:11 PM

I don't think what we will not see grown was same in 2017. Cryptocurrency market very young and only becomes popular and main growth ahead.
Zumbiko

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:27:24 PM

the market is unpredictable and after such a long fall of the market we can again see a multiple increase in prices. and I think that the fall in the price of ETH due to the fact that the ICO sell ETH
Sylvial

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:36:54 PM

I think this is pure FUD as even himself can't predict with certainty how ICOs will perform. He should try to salvage what has become of ETH right under his watch rather than spread FUD.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:28:01 PM

Not Vitalik will determine market capitalization, and I do not understand why he is saying these words. Now a huge infrastructure is being built for the Funds and people with "bags of money" to invest in crypto-currencies and a capitalization of 200 billion for them is dust. Guys, do not panic and do not sell, wait, maybe this expectation is not 2018 and mid-2019, but the market will recover and yet show a capitalization of several trillion dollars)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:34:24 PM

Its a fucking currency,not an asset. What part of it is so difficult to understand? Whatever Vitalik believes in is not equivalent to the reality. So stop trying to fuck people's minds even more by bringing them light to more nonsense that could only lead to more crashes and dumps, all because of the fact that people are fucking stupid, and they don't understand circumstances and they only know how to act irrational in any given circumstance.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
freezzeer

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:52:58 PM

Day by day ETH dropping,Major reason is so many ICOs in these days.They are selling their collected ETH.
bartusv

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

Yes, I believe that ICO companies has big impact on ETH  recent crash, due to the rate they dumped ETH they collected from their sales.
Beside that the whole market is declining and combined with panic selling of ICO funds caused this dip for ETH.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
p.solovey

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:05:25 PM

If I can increase my deposit by 100 times - I can be dismissed from work and no longer work. I will make the rental of real estate my main income
camps74

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:08:21 PM

Maybe is is being pushed out of the scene by the big boys who are entering and he is throwing a bit of a tantrum.  Ethereum will not be raising by 1000x but many other solid projects have that ability.  I can promise you that with in a year there will be some 1000x high fliers.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:08:41 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4930584.msg45500452#msg45500452

Why he's only partially right, mostly incorrect.
PIMPdev

Activity: 583
Merit: 102

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

I'm thinking that cryptocurrency will not jump that high anymore because we would not face that insane popularity ganing again. But I also believe that we will see that overall growth during the next years.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:29:54 PM

That should be obvious for anyone with basic knowledge about mathematics, for the top coins in the market now it's impossible to grow as much as they did in the past, if you want to obtain those kind of profits then you will need to take a risk with an ico, personally I am fine with the profits that cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum can give but if you are willing to take greater risks in order to obtain greater profits that's fine as well.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 09:30:47 PM

It was a sad news to read, but he is probably right. However, there could still be some projects on the horizon that could do 100x or 200x or more. Let's hope so!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:19:58 PM

It was a sad news to read, but he is probably right. However, there could still be some projects on the horizon that could do 100x or 200x or more. Let's hope so!
Projects like the ones you are describing that go up in value in that way are not common and are the exception rather than the rule, we are seeing that right now most of the projects are going down, and it is a shame because there are many good projects out there that I think deserve to go up in value and that have very good developers behind them but the market is not letting them grow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: