Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11530 times)
BountySoldier (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:33:30 PM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:47:37 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?
We cant really avoid the fact that those who are financially capable would always have the advantage over on to those simple person.You don't have money then you wont really have no chance on mining out but even you can afford to buy up a miner but electricity cost is on the roof then its still the same situation.Talking about upgrades then you should expect to see it soon because big companies will really need to move out higher to meet the current mining difficulty situation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
abbywem

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:48:06 PM

Mining has turned into a rich mans game.  I have free electric (solar) and have plenty left over and financially it still doesn't make sense.  I'm not really sure how to not have power consolidete like this.  It seems to be a force of nature.  The best we can do is attempt to work within it and get ahead anyway we can.  

I was very disappointed to learn mining wasn't an option even with free power.  

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:55:42 PM

I think considering the bearish market, time consumption and total cost for mining

It is not fair and not encouraging
Why mine coins when you have to sell at a ridiculous low rate
But if you enjoy mining ⛏
It’s up to you
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:58:42 PM

With the difficulty if mining increasing even if the market is down only shows that the market is still growing, and the only thing that we can do is adapt to it and hodl some altcoins and tokens hoping that the market will be good again. Also mining is just another form of getting cryptocurrencies, if you are getting not enough profits form it then find another way to earn in the market which has tons of opportunities.
BountySoldier (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:08:06 PM

yes, but mining supports network. If nobody would mine network will fall. If all nodes are off - network will fall.
MMaki

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:20:31 PM

And what about Kratos protocol? Does it support fair mining? How?
BountySoldier (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

I shout just two points of our WP

No mining - No party

1.We believe in decentralization. The wider the decentralization, the better. But decentralization works only when the participants are somehow motivated. The formation of a new issue and Commission is a direct motivation of the network members to support and develop it. This is the key to extending the principles underlying the KRATOS protocol.

2.  Easy entry into the ranks of miners.
The lower the threshold cost of entering the ranks of miners, the better for the decentralization of the network. We are laying down this requirement for a Protocol as a key one. Each potential user should be able to easily install the software and log into the KRATOS network and become a full member of THE network, ensuring its formation, validation and distribution.
mverdenet

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:35:41 PM

How can I start to mine Kratos? What kind of hardware I have to plug in?
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:44:21 PM

Just wondering , you started with a general question on mining and afterwards start diverting this topic to KRatos Network.  Increasing mining difficulty might be disappointing as an individual but it increase faith about security of the network, acting as good and bad at a same time.

I am alive
BountySoldier (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:04:37 PM

Just wondering , you started with a general question on mining and afterwards start diverting this topic to KRatos Network.  Increasing mining difficulty might be disappointing as an individual but it increase faith about security of the network, acting as good and bad at a same time.

It's fair enough but just one point - you are right if you are talking about PoW mining. Its not an advertising thread. And i really wonder if people still believe in mining. We are creating a protocol that will supports mining and a PoS mining as well. So be so sure i'm not promote something or stuff  Wink And i still believe BTT is for discussing crypto related topics, no?
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:31:57 PM

If you were an old miners and then if you have sold them all when they were reached peak price and you have been owning a lot of money. It's simple since the difficulty will always increase and you need more and more GPU to increase your hashrate because the market has been giving a lot of chance to the miners to dump their coin at high price and that's fair.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
robertycore
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:34:03 PM

my rig is still online i think we need to belive in crypto they are young
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:48:44 PM

Mining doesn’t seem right to me
It’s illegal from my sense of thinking

Maybe because I’m a newbie
But why should someone or anyone get bitcoin for free cos they can buy mining set ??
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:27:50 PM

Presently, i do not think that mining is lucrative, because it seems coins like ethereum has gone below production price. If one considers the cost implication of mining, you would not want to mine now, rather one might consider other options. Although, if he market bounces back again, it might be a good option.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:33:53 PM

This is the same problem that most of the new technologies has, always comes a big fish and monopolizes everything for itself, that's why a market as decentralized as this one, can still be manipulated, we only hope that mining is not so profitable in a near futureo keep the whales away from the business.

Bitcoin to the moon
trustpoolfund

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:34:30 PM

Everyone want to know about mining profitability provided by Kratos Protocol )
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:43:53 AM

Mining has turned into a rich mans game.  I have free electric (solar) and have plenty left over and financially it still doesn't make sense.  I'm not really sure how to not have power consolidete like this.  It seems to be a force of nature.  The best we can do is attempt to work within it and get ahead anyway we can.  

I was very disappointed to learn mining wasn't an option even with free power.  
All of them are really like that because now the market is down.
Just look at how Ethereum's price is at a price of 200 USD, maybe it will be even better if Ethereum is id the price of 300+ USD for mining.

shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:50:52 AM

Mining need initial big investment specially on electricity and now a days electricity is expensive so mining is good but not for everyone.

blockchain-man

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:55:58 AM

Currently, the Crypto market is in a volatile period. This is a necessity of a free, non-governmental market. Therefore, I still believe that mining is still fair. We must believe in stability and increase the price of the Crypto market. The crypto market is a new market, and it is in a strong uptrend to find stability in the market. At that point, the exploit will generate profitable returns for the effort and assets that the the drillers have left.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: