Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:00:46 AM

I want to talk about mining for bitcoin only, and from the view of home mining. I think it can be fair if the price of bitcoin around $7,000 or more. The reason is about the operational funds of the mining. It consumes a lot of electricity and times daily. If the bitcoin price is still low, we just waste the time and get losses.
Viscore

Activity: 3066
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:07:58 AM

I want to talk about mining for bitcoin only, and from the view of home mining. I think it can be fair if the price of bitcoin around $7,000 or more. The reason is about the operational funds of the mining. It consumes a lot of electricity and times daily. If the bitcoin price is still low, we just waste the time and get losses.
Going to mining is really needs enough capital and think of huge expenses every day.  But I think that the current btc price is still good enough to bring crypto mining still alive.  Cause if don't,  they absolutely stop their business either.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:35:03 AM

IMO for the new miner it is doesn't fair enough, at this market conditions it will take so long time to make return of investment. But maybe if cryptocurrency can make crazy pump again, maybe we still have chance to make fast ROI. Look like mining are just only for big player or maybe the old player that already play in this field.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:27:29 AM

IMO for the new miner it is doesn't fair enough, at this market conditions it will take so long time to make return of investment. But maybe if cryptocurrency can make crazy pump again, maybe we still have chance to make fast ROI. Look like mining are just only for big player or maybe the old player that already play in this field.
I give up mining already, I thought it will be beneficial before so I bought some mining rig but its not as profitable we can get in trading,it also cost bills too.

Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:42:26 AM

The only type of mining which can be pursued by people with moderate financial means right now is the PoS mining. For other types of mining, you need huge capital, which 99% of the users lack.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:49:21 AM

Going to mining is really needs enough capital and think of huge expenses every day.  But I think that the current btc price is still good enough to bring crypto mining still alive.  Cause if don't,  they absolutely stop their business either.
That's for a new players but what about those have playing in the crypto since it has started? That depends on how much haspower that you have acquired from your mining rig. if you can't get how much hasrate will be generated by your mining rig and then it doesn't make sense to take a conclusion like that dude.
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:58:33 AM

I myself never make some money from mining. But, i have a friend who mine the coins. He bought the miner and its equipments very expensive. And now, the profits got from mining is very small. When he want to sell the miner and tools, it is very less price. I cannot give judgment if it is still profitable or not. But, iof many people face this problems, maybe we should think twice about it.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:23:06 AM

Everything now is considered to be in bear and mining for now are very low in return but most of them are holding for the next bull that is when the transaction fee and coin mine will give some kind of profit, those selling now are losing income and most of the miner are holding now and waiting for the bull run on btc and the next halving.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:15:11 AM

Guys those who are planning to start mining kindly change your thoughts because you need to invest a lot of money also your electricity bill will be more than the profit you expect. Because the value is very low. I didn't mean it will not give benefit to you. Yes it might give you profit in future.
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:17:17 AM

I think not because ordinary miners cannot easily upgrade their GPU due to financial capacity while bigger miners can do it, that is why small miners are already out of the business because they  cannot sustain any more the expenditure of the said business. It also to happen that we are in the bear period it exaggerates the situation.
SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:22:03 AM

I don't know whether mining is fair or not because I have never been mining. but I see some of my friends actually sell their mining tools because market conditions are still down and according to them mining is still not profitable.
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

The time of GPU mining is ending, and i think that it will never came back. Now is time for ASIC´s big companies bloodsuckers to mine all the profitable coins and sell it to the suckers. I saw this a few months ago when equihash was hacked by ASIC manufacturers and stated mining with ASIC´s leaving GPU miners left out on the street....
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:09:00 PM

High profits in mining have caused an increase in difficulty, but this cannot continue indefinitely, so mining profits will decrease in the future and it's normal. Miners are just make new blocks and should not receive super profits for this actions.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:12:38 PM

Still lot of altcoins were profitable to mine so we need to do research on best coins with low difficulty,direct mining of ethereum may not be profitable unless you have very cheap electricity so don't mine ethereum if you don't have powerful GPU and cheap electricity.If you are looking for some suggestion to mine now maybe it will be monero.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:25:57 PM

I think that mining is not good investment anymore here in Europe where we have high electricity costs. Is that fair, i don't think so, but what we can do about that... We have better life standard than most of people and we could probably afford more money for buying coins on exchanges.

anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:00:42 AM

As I see, mining is still profitable only in countries with extremely low electricity costs, in most countries it is not fair and even you might lose money by doing it.

sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:06:26 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

well, it is not meant to be fair. eventually when mining require large scale mining farm. small mining rig are insignificant anymore. same things goes to industrialization, bigger, more advance facility will crush all small player.
danivan7

Activity: 152

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:08:16 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

I don't think mining is worth for now.
many coin upgrade to  masternode, and reward for pow miner are down to 50% oar 40%.
so many miner are leaving from mining coin.
high cost , and low earning.

✭   KARATCOIN   ✭ (https://karatcoin.co/)
Join our ICO!
█ Straight to gold mines! █
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

Mining is still possible, but very difficult. At the moment, it does not pay off, because the electricity bills and rental of premises are higher than the checks from mining. Mining has become simply unprofitable.   
tttuida

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:56:59 AM

It is not at at all. Mining is loseing its participants but really large organizations that have farms are there because their volumes get over all wasted resources.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: