Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:07:03 PM

I feel mining is increasingly difficult, this is because more and more large companies are focusing on mining, and this is like a monopoly from them, with big capital of course they can pay professionals for mining.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

It is not at at all. Mining is loseing its participants but really large organizations that have farms are there because their volumes get over all wasted resources.

Solo mining is no longer profitable specially bitcoin. But I heard that you can still make profits mining altcoins because you don't know those hi-end gears just to mine them.

But then again, you need to take in consideration lots of factors like cost of electricity, maintenance of the farm. If you think you can get cheap electricity then you should at least experience mining. I'm unlucky though electricity cost in our place is so expensive. But if given the chance, I still love to mine altcoins.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
aldorexxx

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:24:19 PM

I think so, mining was and is a really stable and suitable doing for the earning here and its effects were forgotten without any reasons and quite convincing arguements.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:26:50 PM

For me, mining is not that productive compared to what it is a few a years ago. The bear market only makes it worst since the hard earned coins from mining already lost its value and it takes a while before it appreciates. Mining requires funds because its consuming electricity. Miners cannot just hodl especially if they need the money to pay for the mining expenses. If you browse on facebook, there are a lot of mining devices that was for sale but no one purchase it because they know that the golden days are over for mining as well.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
dadisde
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

The only thing I know, is that mining is not so profitable anymore, due to the fact that Bitcoin cost 6k USD and LTC 50 USD, the electricity prices have remained the same but the difficulty increased. So if you have a free source of energy, the mining could be still profitable.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

I feel mining is increasingly difficult, this is because more and more large companies are focusing on mining, and this is like a monopoly from them, with big capital of course they can pay professionals for mining.

Obviously it has been very tough to get profit from mining as the market is very down now. At the same time to have to invest a lot of money and have to wait. You cannot even make the electricity bill charges. May be in future it will help but this is not the right time.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:53:38 PM

Many crypto enthusiast really says that mining is just a rich mans game wherein in order to be able to participate in mining you must be able to afford to buy high end expensive rigs and pay a costly energy or electric consumption to be able to participate in mining but still crypto market is still on its lowest point nowadays rendering mining still unprofitable and unfair to ordinary crypto enthusiast.
mcgeil

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:54:10 PM

You are right. The situation with the mining is very sad and, if it continues like this, then the miners will stop their work and the blockchain will no longer comply with its basic principle of operation. Everyone understands this and the way out of the situation will be to develop new coins with a good reward or increase the reward for work  miners in already existing crypto currencies. But it can be said for sure that without mining, the main functions of the crypto currencies will be violated and therefore mining will never disappear.
JayCue

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:58:41 PM

Given the bloody market that we are experiencing today, I think mining is not profitable anymore unless you are using solar energy or the electric cost in your area is cheap.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
-Newera-

Activity: 196
Merit: 49

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:04:12 PM

Meanwhile, it has become absolutely uneconomical for the private person to mine. I think it's time for new mining algorithms, because the proof of work has become very resource-wasting. I think that the Proof of Stake and the Proof of Storage approach is going in the right direction. Of course, there are also advantages and disadvantages that speak for, or against.
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:04:43 PM

Mining is a bit expensive for random people so unless the market grows a bit I find it difficult for me to keep mining even if I already have the equipment for it. The energy costs too much comparative with the price of the coins.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:05:43 PM

There is nothing fair in this life, so let's improve our knowledge, you can understand the most basic elements of mining, in my opinion should focus on improving the level and experience, That would be safer for us

MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

I really don't see mining as a good cryptocurrency business these days, The cost for power and other maintenance has taken most of the profit, for instance if you mine bitcoin you won't make much profit like expert traders do.
rozenkreitzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

Mining is not the only blockchain technology. There are alternatives. A decrease in remuneration is natural and can not increase
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:39:05 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

I don't think mining is worth for now.
many coin upgrade to  masternode, and reward for pow miner are down to 50% oar 40%.
so many miner are leaving from mining coin.
high cost , and low earning.
Mining is still worth it if you have the bucks to set up pretty solid miners, but one thing you have to consider is that it is always going to be a long term project and not something you will just expect you will simply start making shit loads of money from, so in that case, it takes some level of perseverance.

One thing though is that with a proper set up, long term goals and then having some pretty good amount to set up something not so bad, you should always get the best from it, but like I said, mining is not for people looking for quick means, as in this case, you may even be tying down capital for long.

feather7789

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:03:40 AM

yes it is fair because in the market the crypto has good  value and it will increase next days also.but for mining initial investment will expensive. it is one time investment.
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:45:50 AM

I see many people selling their mining equipment after spending a fortune assembling them, with some of them stating in the selling sites that the reason for selling is that "it is no longer needed". I mean why don't they need it anymore? Because it is not earning them some cash right now? Everywhere, the traders are the only ones profiting from cryptos.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:18:22 AM

in my opinion it is fair enough, if it does not harm some parties. if you only mine only using a small processor, I think you are only wasting time, because it is not necessary that you expect the coins that you mine can be sold at high prices, while the market conditions are bad enough
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:20:51 AM

It is always fair because everyone must solve the same algorithm based on the number of active Miners, the algorithm will be different. Those who own more Miner will earn more rewards, and lesser owners will receive less.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:47:09 AM

As I see, mining is still profitable only in countries with extremely low electricity costs, in most countries it is not fair and even you might lose money by doing it.
Mining has always been dependent of several different factors and variables, but the thing with mining is that it requires some patience most of the time to be able to get something substantial and even with that, it depends on the level of mining you are operating and the coins you are mining as well. Mining is still fair to some certain extent, but the fact remains that it is not for everyone, and if you really do not have some bucks to tie down, you may not really be getting pretty much from it. So at the end, the whole choice is always in your hands.

It is always fair because everyone must solve the same algorithm based on the number of active Miners, the algorithm will be different. Those who own more Miner will earn more rewards, and lesser owners will receive less.
OP is asking about "fair" in the sense of "how much beneficial" mining business right now. You are still right as mining will be profitable only for corporate level of miners but it is hard truth mining rewards must be held out for selling in future so that a miner will able to find the maximum benefits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: