Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:40:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:25:13 PM

If the complexity of mining grows - this means that no one turns off their mining capacities and everyone continues to mine coins even at fallen prices. Probably everyone has hopes for future growth.

Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:48:35 PM

i have never have the opportunity to mine except the facuet games. i will love to mine using my desktop. I doubt if mining is still profitable. a lot has been said about Mining. the cost of electricity, hardware,tax ,etc. it is worth giving a trial. will love to venture into mining.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:04:55 PM

If the complexity of mining grows - this means that no one turns off their mining capacities and everyone continues to mine coins even at fallen prices. Probably everyone has hopes for future growth.

New miners obviously dont come on the market. And the old ones were partially disconnected (we know that bitcoin hashreit declined) The prospects are dubious, and the risks are too great.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:17:59 PM

Cryptocurrency mining is very challenging nowadays because of the very prices of the coins. Imagine how much expenses would a miner have to pay, then expecting to sell those coins at low prices. A lot of miners would stop mining especially those small ones, only the strong and bigtime miners will survive the slump of 2018.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 10:41:38 PM

Mining has always brought and will bring good profits. This is indicated to us by the fact that the extraction capacity of most popular coins only grows and even a fall in the price does not stop this growth.
basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:42:52 PM

I think that right now you need to mine for the future, because in the future you will be able to earn good money on it

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:16:15 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

No, i think mining is not too profitable anymore unless your electricity is free or you can get free rigs.
But you may wonder why peoples still mining crypto ? I guess the answer is because they want to accumulating and storing the coins, not selling it yet.
Waiting for the market to recover, and they can sell it later, just consider it is as a savings for now.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:22:35 AM

Yes, of course mining is still fair, and this will give you good profits in the future, start mining now so that in the future you can get maximum results
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:23:14 AM

Even bitmain has to cut down the work force. That's itself  incidate how bad is the current situation of mining right now
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:50:46 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

No, i think mining is not too profitable anymore unless your electricity is free or you can get free rigs.
But you may wonder why peoples still mining crypto ? I guess the answer is because they want to accumulating and storing the coins, not selling it yet.
Waiting for the market to recover, and they can sell it later, just consider it is as a savings for now.
Those miners who's just doing this for future investment and not looking for quick profits, they are the one who can manage to stay doing this mining business, as they are still believing that in the future value of any crypto that they are mining right now will bring them a huge profits, but for those who are relying with mining for sure they will stop for a while since its no longer profitable.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:14:19 AM

Even bitmain has to cut down the work force. That's itself  incidate how bad is the current situation of mining right now
It's terrible that a giant would do that but they estimated and calculated on how much they will loss if they won't act with the situation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:18:28 AM

For people who have very low mining equipment, it is completely waste by doing mining. We have seen recently many people are shifting to other mining because they are facing some difficult issues in order to mature coins. I hope mining is not profitable if you face more difficulty.

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:33:15 AM

Maybe now mining fair, because in 2017 peoples earn good moneys mostly doing anything.

cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

In addition to the cost of Bitcoin or other coins, given the complexity of operations, mining is now quite difficult. It goes almost to zero. The only way to buy asics but they are more expensive and not the fact that you have time to recapture their full value.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:21:51 PM

Mining is not profitable today, look at the bulletin boards in the world, today miners sell everything they have on the market, I do not think that now is the best time to buy this equipment. Because I do not see the point in further mining.
Meryn

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:51:20 PM

mining, for now, is better to stop for a moment. there are many people who feel a loss. however, many of them continue to do mining. They say, they will wait for 2021. so they don't think about the current losses.

Freddy63

Activity: 434

SESSIA

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:29:02 PM

No, mining isn't fair enough. Moreover there is something that you can lose here in case you mine in a loss. So think another time before buying mining equipment. Probably it isn't best decision!

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:39:04 PM

I think mining was dead (at least as we knew it). Now for normal mining we need ASIC farms. Of course, the ordinary enthusiast has no means to build such structures.
I believe that it is necessary to move to new forms of consensus (for example, PoS, DPoS, etc.).
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:50:51 PM

Mining is not profitable anymore. Or maybe it is for some coins or for ASIC miners? It uses too much electricity and it can make your computer die quicker than on a ordinary use.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 05:00:45 PM

Profitability in mini depends on how you view it.
If you calculate returns based on the present price of the coins getting mined, then  it is not profitable. However miners may not be discouraged if they focus more on the quantity of coins they will get which are very much undervalued in this market.

Hold and see your profits go through the roof in a bull market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: