Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:58:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 10:44:48 AM

With this situation, most of the coin miners are almost lost, near my house, many people have to sell it to recover their capital, now I think holding coin is still the best choice

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:26:03 PM

If you have much knowledge and very calm patience and you want to do much invest then, yes... mining is better to gain coins.

I do not think so. Of course, mining farms can make a lot, but a usual miner gets small awards. For instance, Ethereum mining is not profitable more. It is much better to trade and to hold the altcoins.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:28:54 PM

Forget about mining, you can´t competite with big companies like Bitmain because they are mining for very low price - they have cheap energy in China or Venezuela.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:39:22 PM

This is one of the reasons why many people call cryptocurrencies financial pyramids. You find the project and start mining coins while they are cheap and getting new blocks first is simple. But after a time to make a profit, you need to increase computing power and it becomes unprofitable for you. I believe that POS mining should undergo changes and become a replacement for expensive POW, so that everyone can join the mining and become part of the ecosystem. Now bitcoin has only been available for the wealthy.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:41:28 PM

Minining was unprofitable for a quite long period of time, like 3 months or so. Right now it seems, like the mining is around 0 percent at the moment and things are getting better due to the new hardware released.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 01:29:43 AM

no, because along with the fall of the bitcoin market, the cost of the electricity bill that must be paid remains the same. therefore many finally sold their pc and finally they decided to stop.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:23:51 AM

I think it is not . Mining of cryptocurrencies is so tiring thing to do if we don't have the strong equipment to do so. There are some people who have it and they mined a better one than those which don't have and that's why I can say that mining is not fair in this days , added that the current situation of altcoin's prices are at the dip.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:26:49 AM

There is no fairness in the world. Fairness is short-lived. Perhaps the future coins can be fair. And fairness itself does not conform to the laws of the world. For example, if your friend is taller than you, mining is not likely to achieve fairness.

Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:58:34 AM

Even now, I think that there are places where electricity is cheap and there it is quite possible to engage in mining and most likely even get profit from it!
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:22:21 PM

Anything can happen. How do you know what will happen tomorrow? No one knows this and, accordingly, there is no exact information whether the mining has died or, on the contrary, tomorrow the mining will have serious opportunities. I know only one thing, today there are still coins that can be minted.
Halmater

Activity: 896
Merit: 630

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:51:31 PM

You may consider it as a different way of investing in bitcoin. They can hold mined bitcoin as an investment and gain extra profit when a rise occurred on prices.
James678

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:04:01 PM

Certanly not fair. As for me mining is something you should avoid now and it seems for me something not that profitable. All of miners got recked and there is a hard pressure due to low crypto prices.
That's what I am saying.
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:14:12 PM

Mining is currently not profitable, but if the cryptocurrency market starts to grow again, then mining will become popular again.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:19:57 PM

Mining is currently not profitable, but if the cryptocurrency market starts to grow again, then mining will become popular again.

With enough cheap electricity mining still profitable. Now is the time of smart money. Today it's very easy to buy cheap GPUs to create rigs and be ready to the next cycle of cryptogrowth.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:37:14 PM

So many mining rig has close down they mining farm due to high cost of running the farm, mining in recent time have been one of the difficult aspects in the cryptocurrency industry and at that there is a need for a more improved technology and development in the area of mining equipment and softwares.
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:39:38 PM

Imo the new ecological trend is clear so I don't think that the mining will have a long life. It's out. My two cents.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:00:52 PM

I don't really know much about mining but I don't think it is as profitable as it used to be because I learnt that the difficulty rate is high and the prices of these coins are down, which means that miners will not get enough rewards. And they have expenses to pay for (like electricity).
I think the next bitcoin halving change things for good and miners will rejoice.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:21:08 PM

At the moment mining is not profitable due to the low price of the coins and the electricity costs and the mining difficulty. It is not profitable especially in countries where the price of the electricity is high. Hopefully, this situation will change soon in the miners` benefit.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:27:30 PM

At the moment mining is not profitable due to the low price of the coins and the electricity costs and the mining difficulty. It is not profitable especially in countries where the price of the electricity is high. Hopefully, this situation will change soon in the miners` benefit.
It is a big consideration for the all the miners and yes, some of them weren't can manage to stay and shut down their mining. In some areas where electricity cost is high definitely they could face hardship where to get money for payment. The competition were getting strong and so many mining companies exist, they could really hard to gain profits right now.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:48:26 PM

Yes! I truly believe the crypto mining business is still viable and profitable. However, you will need to do some research and pick out coins with huge level of success. This way, you are sure of getting anything reasonable from your mining activities. Due the competition now available, more miners pouring into the industry, coins such as btc are no longer that profitable. One has to painstakingly research on a coin to find highly potential ones to mine. This is the only way that brings in returns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: