Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11530 times)
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:52:31 PM

Due to the downfall in the market it is impossible to Earn from mining as the electricity consumption is more than normal also the bill is higher than the profit which comes from mining. Apart from that you need to invest a lot of money for buying cords and other stuffs which is very complicated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizla2

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:55:55 PM

Due to the downfall in the market it is impossible to Earn from mining as the electricity consumption is more than normal also the bill is higher than the profit which comes from mining. Apart from that you need to invest a lot of money for buying cords and other stuffs which is very complicated.

You got free electricity (or extremely cheap) in some countries. So it is still viable. Once the profit is gone you can always mine coins you suspect might rise in price in the future, so it won't be profitable at the moment, but can be in the future. That is what I did more than a few times when my graphics card wasn't good enough anymore, made money even from that mining where I was losing money on a monthly basis.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:17:44 PM

I have mining setup that cost me around 1,200$ and I got into the game in 2018 after bullrun well the news is I haven't make back my investment yet and I'm so far from reaching it ,I guess I got into crypto at the bad time ,now mining is far from been profitable, its been months since I run my mining rigs ,not just a good time
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:33:45 PM

Presently I regret ever building mining rigs because its so obsolete now I'd better off invested the money on good coins and tokens ,now I can't even sell them off because it will be a huge total loss for me,I've learnt my lesson its always better to invest money on coins than mining rigs

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
rizla2

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:39:11 PM

Presently I regret ever building mining rigs because its so obsolete now I'd better off invested the money on good coins and tokens ,now I can't even sell them off because it will be a huge total loss for me,I've learnt my lesson its always better to invest money on coins than mining rigs

Its not always better but you just can't buy a mining rig anytime, I've got mine about 2 years ago and made some nice profits from it on a daily basis and ended up with much higher profit margins in the end, due to the bull run in late 2017. Buying a rig in 2019. would be a joke of course, and it is better to buy coins now.
cryptocontinental

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:39:54 PM

When you say "powerful processor” that does not come cheap. To me, mining is disappearing into thin air. It is becoming more of a thing for those with a good amount of cash rather than its availability to the average miner the way it used to be, a few years back. The way it is now, a time may come when mining of coin will disappear completely.
uyysidmc
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:10:12 PM

When you say "powerful processor” that does not come cheap. To me, mining is disappearing into thin air. It is becoming more of a thing for those with a good amount of cash rather than its availability to the average miner the way it used to be, a few years back. The way it is now, a time may come when mining of coin will disappear completely.
Powerful process is too expensive that may not be return your investment on that hardware on this day when mining. mining now is not profitable and the difficulty is too high.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:29:19 PM

Because of the reduced market price and the rising difficulty rate, mining is not as profitable as it used to be for most miners. But I think mining is still very good for wise miners that are not mining for immediate profit but are researching new and promising coins with low difficulty and mining them in larger quantity to HODL for long-term or when they become successful.

Svarora
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 07:53:59 AM

Mining if not good now than even not bad either. The question is which going you are mining. If the coin is good and you follow hold policy then it can give you good return in no time.  But if you frequently change coin then it become difficult to cover the cost of processor

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:02:28 AM

You are going to be in lose if you are mining at this price but still lot of miners were working because they have the capital for their expenses so they will hold the mined coins until they will reach the profitable price,if you also can follow that then you can mine it,but better invest on those amount into something to make more profits.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 08:12:17 AM

Mining is now a job that can be done by those who has power and money. With the big players taking part in mining, ordinary miners cannot make money. Balances can be changed with the arrival of POS in Ethereum.

Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:48:32 AM

No, I do not believe in a pow mining. I believe in pos mining, where you an hold the stakes and recieve a profit, without any electricity.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:20:44 PM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

Mining coins nowadays seems not too profitable anymore because the cryptocurrency market has not recovered from the bearish market.
What makes i wonder, the difficulty of mining is not decreasing too much. If many miners stop mining coin because the price is bad,
the difficulty of mining should decreasing significantly. I guess there are many miners who want to keep mining despite the low profit.

Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:35:16 PM

I say rough idea because many factors related to your mining profitability are constantly changing. A doubling in the Bitcoin price could increase your profits by two. It could also make mining that much more competitive that your profits remain the same.
Odonko

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:47:44 AM

As an individual i would not encourage you to invest your money into the mining of bitcoin or ethereum because you might not have enough resources to compete with all these mining pools and mining firms that have been established across the world. It's far better if you do trading with the funds that you have other than investing into mining. In case you are still investing into mining then i would encourage you to run a masternode of a very solid and popular project because with that you don't need to compete but all you need to do is to acquire the collateral coins for running a masternode and you would be eligible to receive block rewards.

⊹     SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY, WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS     ⊹
━━━━━━━━━          X C A R D ᵀᴹ          [     Whitepaper     Twitter     Telegram     ]          ━━━━━━━━━
[ IEO / Q4 2019 ]   S
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:25:31 AM

An interesting question that today is probably very relevant. I think that today there is a need to really hope that all the same cryptocurrencies have a very big chance to be profitable in mining.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:35:42 AM

there is nothing unfair when mining in this world and because thanks to miners, we can make the world transactions progresses much faster and better in daily crypto transactions, despite the fact that the crypto market is in down trend so miners are having a hard time to keep their business going on.

Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:00:38 AM

Mining is fair only if you have free electricity ,you will still be able to make some pennies depending on the kind of mining setup you have though

DoraNile

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:03:03 AM

I have some rigs setup and I use to make 2$ -4$ daily but suddenly it became 0.25$ per day which in my opinion is not worth it anymore ,I just stop mining and my rigs are gathering dusts
Shoxc

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:11:36 AM

These are the kind of questions that we always hear during the bear market.

- is mining worthwhile
- is investing in crypto profitable

But during the bull run, everybody rushes to buy a new miner and get into ICO.  While so many are FOMOing, those early miners and investors are the ones making the best profit.  Crypto is a highly volatile and very speculative market.  Take it at your own risk, get in as much as possible during the bear market.  Your patience will be rewarded.

Haha exactly. Got some friends who didn‘t want to mine Raven Coin while it was worth some cents and you could make somewhat around 100 a da per rig. And now they jump on the boat. People don’t seem to have the believe anymore. They aren’t here to become independent, but to dump stuff and get back into the fiat slave system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: