Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:57:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
loveblack
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 02:27:32 PM

home mining has become a thing of the past. Encrypted mining has been completely controlled by large companies. they have the best hardware, the best technology, and the cheapest power. this is very unfair to the individual mining industry. we better stay away from it.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:44:29 PM

Not so many people are still into mining. Instead of that, investors now prefer masternode, because it is another form that is cost effective.
Mining at the moment is not as lucrative as it used to be. The infrastructures and other equipment used are now expensive compared to the market value of the coins. Although, larger percentage of people prefer to stake ordinarily.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:06:30 PM

It's unfortunate things are  becoming less profitable for decentralized mining. Mining equipments aren't that cheap. You have to buy expensive miners to be able to make meaningful income from mining.
Mining also depends on crypto deflation to be profitable. I wonder how things work in the future if price moves very slow or remain the same for a long time. That will make mining very centralized and unprofitablity.
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:41:47 PM

I believe that we need a new technology of mining, because those funds that earn good money on mining belong to large companies and not ordinary people for whom this technology was created and it is for this that a new look at mining is needed.
The level of difficulty that continues to grow and pools that are too fast dry make technology now difficult to get coins, moreover mining competition is with large companies like Bitmain.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bajindul88

Activity: 303
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 04:06:03 PM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?
I think the current mining type architecture is fair enough for mining users, but for ordinary users this is considered unfair because of the understanding of mining that has not been perfectly understood. It's better to learn and understand the altcoin / bitcoin mining supporting hardware to match what is expected
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:36:50 PM

Some of my buddies mine; I am not. They say it is better to get less but do not take any risks than to trade and think about losing every day. I do not share their point of view anyway.
installer

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:47:01 PM

Mining is not more profitable science the middle of 2018, because the difficulty is raising steady and the prices are moving down. Mining would become good for profit again, but we would need another bullish trend for this to happen.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 07:51:01 PM

The only way to gain some.profits from mining is to mine right now and accumulate for about 1-1.5 year till the next bull run it will begin.

rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:10:58 PM

In this past days i can't say that mining is still profitable until now those altcoins get drops and its also affected those miners that their coins has decrease for their price.
warrior.coins22

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:15:18 PM

In my opinion, For the moment mining is not very tangible. Unbalanced with the costs incurred and the results obtained. One obstacle is the cost of electricity which is quite expensive. Trading is another option for getting results. Because if you stay in a place, you don't get anything. Please be patient and keep trying. Thank you,
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:38:13 PM

This in my opinion depends hugely on what you are mining and your financial outlay or start up capital. Considering that mining is now capital consuming and demanding, it makes no sense to keep mining the well established projects like Bitcoin, instead, it pays more to focus on good and highly potential upcoming projects that guarantee project development. This way, you stand a better chance with them than investing on the bigger projects that don't offer much value.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:11:14 PM

because those funds that earn good money on mining belong to large companies.

Since most chains wont discriminate its up to anyone to join and mine. The fact it is that hard can be a sign of good faith in the chain.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 08:29:43 PM

If you have asic then mining is still profitable, also there are some countries in South America where electricity is very cheap. Also, not only btc mining should be taken into consideration, there are many other coins with better profits.

mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:40:07 PM

Mining has long been a not profitable direction. You have to have a lot of money to buy the equipment and that it could pay off. Otherwise it is not profitable at all.
You Don't hesitate if you can start mining. Yes most important thing is highly cost to purchase mining equipment also electricity bill those type of cost actually investment because mining isn’t totally free earning. But this way is very transparent and legit income  way so that a lot of people involved in mining.         

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:43:18 PM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

It is the way it was set up in the beginning. Those with more resources wins thus improving security through the cost of mining. If you can't beat the big miners, your machine should probably mine altcoins instead.

Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:46:17 PM

Mining is fair to people that understand the process very well. Based on my past experience which was very bad, i just ended up wasting money on buying data to mine.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:48:10 PM

Mining isn't what it used to be, there was a time that it was very profitable and you can make a huge sum with it but not any more and it looks so much that its for the big guys now as the electricity and equipment are on the high side

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:48:24 PM

Before considering to mine any coin, it will be expedient that you make your calculation in terms of the cost of production and look into what the likely output would be.
If you do not have much to invest into mining, the best would've for you to mine altcoins, most especially those that are good, but have not yet got a lot of miners onboard.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:54:07 PM

Well, we should not that they say: everything is fair in love. In the same way we should know that everything is fair with money making and hence cryptos.

Mining has gotten to a stage where it is no longer a game for the smaller fishes but the bigger question is that, is this what should've have happened? In a way I'd say yes because we can't change that fact as many people are getting on board.

And the alternative, Staking (PoS), I think that could be the redemption as it helps everyone to get a fair share somehow. But as for mining. I don't think there's anything we can do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  All
  Print  

Jump to: