Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My experience day trading - no moon shots  (Read 2053 times)
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:48:25 AM

Your target is risky. The market is up and down everyday. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many way to be successful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 02:06:29 AM

Your target is risky. The market is up and down everyday. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many way to be successful.
I'm seeing a very minimal risk on what he is doing,if you think SL/TP set to 1% is risky then it's better not do any trades at all..i don't beleive consistency in trading so lose and lose or win and win won't happen all the time..

Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.

your doing a good job controlling your greed,1% compounding daily could make you 300% profits in 4 to 6 months.but sometimes, try to take advantage of the market situation ,being greedy sometimes works.BTC was down from $6,400 to $6,160 the other day many alts crashed 15-20% and i think this is a good time to make an easy 5-7%.be greedy sometimes but not too much.

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:24:47 AM

This is very similar to the way I trade..

I daytrade and rely almost completely off of the orderbooks. Longterm trends don't matter, just volume and volatility..

Just buy right infront of big walls and sell right infront of big walls..

If you buy right infront of a big wall, and they are tearing down that wall like you didn't expect, try to be one of the last guys to sell into it, taking a small loss but living to trade on..
Same with the sell side..

I figured out how to do this on darkcoin before its first ever pump..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:03:54 AM

It's easier to predict a moon shot with social signals than TA.

Making 1% is great for people who have tons of funds. It's not so great for people with less capital.

I hear what you say but 1% compounded every day soon does add up. I started with a lot less than I have now. It isn't a glamorous way of doing things but I enjoy it - keeps the blood pressure down Cheesy
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:06:06 AM

You've got great stuffs going on here. I like the idea and it looks really good. Instead of focusing on big profits and getting rekt, take a lil bit of risk and make 1% daily? Sounds like a good plan. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see your progress. I might join in along the way. Keep it up man. Kudos.

indeed, for novice players, they should not be carried away by emotion to get big profits, I like safe trading even though the smallest business profits can continue, because cryptocurrency prices are currently unpredictable, to get a high price increase for now is still difficult, so it is true that we only sell from day to day always monitoring prices so that we avoid many losses.

This is exactly right. I don't profess to be an amazing trader - just got great support from the team.

This system is working for me so I wanted to let people know.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:10:04 AM

Your target is risky. The market is up and down every day. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many ways to be successful.

You bring up a good point but I want to be clear that I measure my profit in BTC. My aim is to make more BTC - I don't care about fiat value. So, by only being in the market for short periods of time and sitting in BTC otherwise, I can minimise the losses that come from big volatilities (#BART).

I do not wish to predict the market - just take a view where it is headed over the next 15/20 mins and trade on that - keep SL tight just in case I get unlucky with timings.

This Friday there the paid tier is free for all so you'll see multiple charts per hour for 24hrs. (Fire Pit Friday Cheesy) - so if you want to see what this is about come and hang around on Friday: https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:16:36 AM

I'm seeing a very minimal risk on what he is doing,if you think SL/TP set to 1% is risky then it's better not do any trades at all..i don't beleive consistency in trading so lose and lose or win and win won't happen all the time..

Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.

your doing a good job controlling your greed,1% compounding daily could make you 300% profits in 4 to 6 months.but sometimes, try to take advantage of the market situation ,being greedy sometimes works.BTC was down from $6,400 to $6,160 the other day many alts crashed 15-20% and i think this is a good time to make an easy 5-7%.be greedy sometimes but not too much.

Believe me - it took a while to get control. January to June I was looking for moonshots and wanting huge gains. I think I just about ended up with the same amount of BTC after lots of ups and downs.

But since then and discovering the team at Voodoo I've got a system I stick to, don't get greedy and it works for me. It's an exciting time. Come and check us out for the full set of charts this Friday - see what's happening. Link in the above post.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:19:56 AM

This is very similar to the way I trade..

I daytrade and rely almost completely off of the orderbooks. Longterm trends don't matter, just volume and volatility..

Just buy right infront of big walls and sell right infront of big walls..

If you buy right infront of a big wall, and they are tearing down that wall like you didn't expect, try to be one of the last guys to sell into it, taking a small loss but living to trade on..
Same with the sell side..

I figured out how to do this on darkcoin before its first ever pump..

This guy gets it. If you've not checked out Voodoo yet then it would be great for you to stop by and say hello.
Gwapoman

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

Believe me - it took a while to get control. January to June I was looking for moonshots and wanting huge gains. I think I just about ended up with the same amount of BTC after lots of ups and downs.

But since then and discovering the team at Voodoo I've got a system I stick to, don't get greedy and it works for me. It's an exciting time. Come and check us out for the full set of charts this Friday - see what's happening. Link in the above post.
It's good to hear that the strategy is working fine for you.looking for different strategies is one of the things that we need to be succesful in the trading world.I've been joining different channels like the one in the link,trying to seek knowledge and ideas that other traders do.I'll check it out ony my free time.
it really helps a lot being open to suggestions and ideas from many different traders,this is a good way to gain knowledge and enhance your skills in your future trades.

by the way,i hope you didn't take your 1% tp today.this is the situation i was talking about when greediness sometimes pays off.

DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

It's good to hear that the strategy is working fine for you.looking for different strategies is one of the things that we need to be succesful in the trading world.I've been joining different channels like the one in the link,trying to seek knowledge and ideas that other traders do.I'll check it out ony my free time.
it really helps a lot being open to suggestions and ideas from many different traders,this is a good way to gain knowledge and enhance your skills in your future trades.

by the way,i hope you didn't take your 1% tp today.this is the situation i was talking about when greediness sometimes pays off.

Can't wait to see you on the Discord (https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk). My username is the same as here so hit me up when you come around.

I did take my 1% this morning (1.1% actually after fees). I might look at doing another trade but if I'm not seeing anything I like I'm happy! Cheesy
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:14:38 PM

Now thats the best strategy behind it. I think going for the big % profits is always worst because that is nothing but the greediness. If you have now overcome with that strategy then it is always best as you wont be loosing money over your greed. This should be lesson to everyone who is willing to do the day trade. Its risky and also sometimes it is not even possible to single % of profit in day trade. So expecting too much high returns is not the best way to go around it. I like that you gonna take up around 1% profits daily because that is also 30% ++ profit over month and sufficient enough.  Smiley
Gwapoman

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 06:24:39 PM

Can't wait to see you on the Discord (https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk). My username is the same as here so hit me up when you come around.

I did take my 1% this morning (1.1% actually after fees). I might look at doing another trade but if I'm not seeing anything I like I'm happy! Cheesy

just joined the group..can't find the public chat channel so ill just try to browse again tomorrow..thanks again for the  invite and hope to learn a lot from this channel.need to go now and hope you hit your target tp again tomorrow.wish you all the best and goodluck..

DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

just joined the group..can't find the public chat channel so ill just try to browse again tomorrow..thanks again for the  invite and hope to learn a lot from this channel.need to go now and hope you hit your target tp again tomorrow.wish you all the best and goodluck..

Tomorrow is a great day to have a look around. There will be charts galore as it is Firepit Friday!

I think all the channels unlock once you've click the emoji at the bottom of #terms-or-service

Public chat channel is #the-swamp - let's catch-up tomorrow
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:55:07 PM

Now thats the best strategy behind it. I think going for the big % profits is always worst because that is nothing but the greediness. If you have now overcome with that strategy then it is always best as you wont be loosing money over your greed. This should be lesson to everyone who is willing to do the day trade. Its risky and also sometimes it is not even possible to single % of profit in day trade. So expecting too much high returns is not the best way to go around it. I like that you gonna take up around 1% profits daily because that is also 30% ++ profit over month and sufficient enough.  Smiley

That's exactly it. Manage greed and you'll do well. Who wouldn't want 30% per month? I know I do and am enjoying it.

Would be great to chat further about how you do your thing along with the other community members. Say hello in #the-swamp https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:18:26 PM

There is no need to risk dealing with the day trading. Choose the holding strategy, and at last, you will make good money. So my choice is holding!
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

There is no need to risk dealing with the day trading. Choose the holding strategy, and at last, you will make good money. So my choice is holding!

That's fair enough - whatever works for the individual. Good luck my friend!
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

Have tried this sometime and it worked for a while and little mistake wiped out the profit, however I never used stop losses and have learnt to apply it, Kudos to you on your voyage, please would like to see your updates on progress made. 1% a day however is very low, will be meaningful to someone with loads of fund as capital

Ahasca

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 10:30:58 PM

Have tried this sometime and it worked for a while and little mistake wiped out the profit, however I never used stop losses and have learnt to apply it, Kudos to you on your voyage, please would like to see your updates on progress made. 1% a day however is very low, will be meaningful to someone with loads of fund as capital

I think that 1% per day is really great for people with low capital.  It's safe and easy way to enter the market and begin trading, especially if you don't know much about it.  You want to learn conservatively and avoid blowing up a small account. 
What would your per day % goal be, just curious?
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:33:06 AM

1% per day for me is something I'm happy with. I have a day job so cannot devote all day to making more. On weekends I can do multiple trades and make a few % per day.

Stop losses are very important. I learned this the hard way in the beginning!

I think you would benefit from joining the discord group. Especially today as later on there will be charts galore (see my separate post on Firepit Friday) - it'll help you see what it is all about. My username is the same as on here so come and say hello. Happy to talk you through.

https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk
cryptorima

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:49:57 AM

I think your strategies are very good. Because you do not get much profit, you only gain 1% per day and many people want to earn 10% daily or 20%, and for this, they face many losses and you use a very safe method. I like and respect your strategy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: