Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:52:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is near end, proof block 2  (Read 1734 times)
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

https://pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99
1. BITCOIN HAVE LIMITED QUANTITY, IN DIFFERENCE FROM TULIPS, DOLLARS AND Ethereum
2. GOLD EXACTLY SAME A PYRAMID SCHEME AS A BITCOIN BUT ALREADY ABSORB ALL IN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dohh (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

This topic will be probably be locked very soon and I have to repost it to CNC.
In my opinion BTC is a pyramid, a ponzi and a pump and dump scheme at the same time. Here is why:

1) BTC is a pyramid scheme for 2 reasons.

a) only way to generate new coins, is to mine. And mining is getting 2 times more pointless with every halvening. That is an optimistic estimation and is precise only in condition is number of miners remains constant. If number of miners doubles within one halvening period, mining will get 4 times more pointless!

Satoshi (and small group early miners):  huge reward in return of computing power                        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
After few halvenings (much bigger group of miners): 2 times less money in return of same task                $$$$$$$$
Now (huge group of miners): many times less money for same task                                                             $

A clear pyramid.

b) Pyramids are defined as schemes that dont involve a real product behind it. BTC supporters claim, they have product. Well, I say, its just a camouflage. Kyäni masked scheme with juice drink, Kairosplaner masked scheme with whole user interface. They were still schemes.

BTC is scheme because it can not be scaled to necessary volumes (or even nearly close) and this information is kept secret. Instead of admitting it, users are promised with savious like lightning network etc.

2) BTC is also a ponzi scheme.

In Ponzi schemes "investors" are being paid with money, that come from new joiners. That is also the case with BTC. You can earn either with mining (which is a pyramid) or by selling Your coins to Greater Fool. Although this is well masked with sites, that do BTC brokering and give quite authentic feeling of trading with real "asset", its not the case. Only way, You earn with BTC, is by selling it to another person.

3) BTC is also a pump and dump scheme. For understanding that, You should read more about this kind of frauds and then start to record BTC price change. Every important price change (without exceptions) happens in few minutes, leaving other users outside pumpers a marginal change to react. I know, it sounds rude, but thats how it is.
Median transfer value is several hundred dollars, while few whales drive to to several thousands.

I´m sorry, I dnt have any better news for those who sincerely think, BTC is a phenomenal technology and investment opportunity.
The pyramid belief is flawed, an entire block of 50btc was worth less than 50 cents when it was mined. There was no proof it was going to actually be worth more and those coins were just trying to beat the energy bill vs mining reward back then just like today. Miners don't know the future, block rewards go down to slowly decrease supply instead of a dramatic cutoff to zero

It doesnt matter 50 cents or 5000 dollars, math remains the same. And You have no certainty with any pyramid, its going to work.
Blackamoh

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:52:49 PM

I think that will never happen. bitcoin is so powerful on its throne
raden1922

Activity: 294

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:00:22 AM

I respect and I also respect your opinion. But I want to say that Bitcoin is a result of intelligence that is designed for a more sophisticated future. for whatever reason I will stick with all these tests.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
cryptoaro

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 02:05:58 AM

I don't think so. bitcoins will be never end because as long as decentralize technology. there is good future for bitcoins and other crypto coins.  Even though market get down moment in these days. It will be got up moment this year end.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:35:06 AM

Satoshi or the small group of initial miners were not part of some conspiracy to create a pump and dump "scheme". They were simply electronic cash evangelists and privacy enthusiasts who wanted a method to transact value. bitcoin enabled that. Thing is that it caught on faster than anybody expected. Beginning in 2017, a lot of beginners who have no interest / time to understand and explore the underlying technology have joined in.

This has lead to the market being overcome by manipulators, traders and whales. This is not because of some intrinsic property of bitcoin but because of basic human greed. Calling it a pyramid or a pump and dump is little more than another "opinion". It may seem like that to a lot of people and anybody who agrees with this "opinion" is better off getting out NOW.

We dont know for sure Satoshi´s initial motivation. But You are right in one thing: not only BTC should be blamed in being scheme. All cryptos are.

Like someone pointed out, Satoshi's initial motivations are pretty clear from the whitepaper and his initial posts. If in doubt, read the posts curated at this link.

A generation ago, multi-user time-sharing computer systems had a similar problem. Before strong encryption, users had to rely on password protection to secure their files, placing trust in the system administrator to keep their information private. Privacy could always be overridden by the admin based on his judgment call weighing the principle of privacy against other concerns, or at the behest of his superiors. Then strong encryption became available to the masses, and trust was no longer required. Data could be secured in a way that was physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter what.

It's time we had the same thing for money. With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless.

These days it is the norm, and one of the failings of internet, that anybody can shit on anybody. This is irrespective of the level of competence and effort gone into the first person's work. So of course, your criticism, though invalid, has its own place.
antonhuda

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:53:09 AM

Bitcoin is still growing well and will continue to increase, optimistically I will keep abreast of the development of bitcoin.
With a variety of positive responses to developed countries, bitcoin is able to overwhelm its popularity.
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:26:00 AM

In my opinion BTC is a pyramid, a ponzi and a pump and dump scheme at the same time. Here is why:

a) only way to generate new coins, is to mine. And mining is getting 2 times more pointless with every halvening. That is an optimistic estimation and is precise only in condition is number of miners remains constant. If number of miners doubles within one halvening period, mining will get 4 times more pointless!

Satoshi (and small group early miners):  huge reward in return of computing power                        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
After few halvenings (much bigger group of miners): 2 times less money in return of same task                $$$$$$$$
Now (huge group of miners): many times less money for same task                                                             $

A clear pyramid.

b) Pyramids are defined as schemes that dont involve a real product behind it. BTC supporters claim, they have product. Well, I say, its just a camouflage. Kyäni masked scheme with juice drink, Kairosplaner masked scheme with whole user interface. They were still schemes.

BTC is scheme because it can not be scaled to necessary volumes (or even nearly close) and this information is kept secret. Instead of admitting it, users are promised with savious like lightning network etc.

In Ponzi schemes "investors" are being paid with money, that come from new joiners. That is also the case with BTC. You can earn either with mining (which is a pyramid) or by selling Your coins to Greater Fool. Although this is well masked with sites, that do BTC brokering and give quite authentic feeling of trading with real "asset", its not the case. Only way, You earn with BTC, is by selling it to another person.

3) BTC is also a pump and dump scheme. For understanding that, You should read more about this kind of frauds and then start to record BTC price change. Every important price change (without exceptions) happens in few minutes, leaving other users outside pumpers a marginal change to react. I know, it sounds rude, but thats how it is.
Median transfer value is several hundred dollars, while few whales drive to to several thousands.

I´m sorry, I dnt have any better news for those who sincerely think, BTC is a phenomenal technology and investment opportunity.
I often hear news or information that always proclaims that bitcoin and other currencies are dying and dying, I think the news I often hear from a few years ago, but until now bitcoin can still be accessed and invested
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:12:38 AM

Could you explain, how can a market with fair supply and demand be a ponzi scheme?

Fyi this is the definition of a ponzi scheme:

A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒnzi/; also a Ponzi game) is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors using funds obtained from newer investors.

There is no FAIR supply and demand. There is a ponzi story and market, that is heavily saturated with p&d. Anyone, who looks at price change patterns, can understand, that most significant changes are not organic, but manipulated.

Yes, BTC is not simple form of ponzi, because luring money is done not by one person, but decentralized. And "paying early investors" in BTC means cashing in early easy coins, where there was very few miners, or what do You think, where the whales appeared from?
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:15:34 AM

Satoshi or the small group of initial miners were not part of some conspiracy to create a pump and dump "scheme". They were simply electronic cash evangelists and privacy enthusiasts who wanted a method to transact value. bitcoin enabled that. Thing is that it caught on faster than anybody expected. Beginning in 2017, a lot of beginners who have no interest / time to understand and explore the underlying technology have joined in.

This has lead to the market being overcome by manipulators, traders and whales. This is not because of some intrinsic property of bitcoin but because of basic human greed. Calling it a pyramid or a pump and dump is little more than another "opinion". It may seem like that to a lot of people and anybody who agrees with this "opinion" is better off getting out NOW.

We dont know for sure Satoshi´s initial motivation. But You are right in one thing: not only BTC should be blamed in being scheme. All cryptos are.

Like someone pointed out, Satoshi's initial motivations are pretty clear from the whitepaper and his initial posts. If in doubt, read the posts curated at this link.

May I please beg for some source criticism? You use Satoshi´s white paper to back up an argument, his motivations were all good?
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:35:44 AM

Well you have 'some' proofs as that is how you think it is however, I will take you on the issue of the Ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme is a triangular or pyramidal flow from the TOP to the BOTTOM (and not the way you pointed it) It must be also understood that the idea of ponzi is to take from one person and pay the peple upward. this is NOT the case with bitcoin as no one has asked me to pay so that they can pay the people before me and also asking those underneath me to pay money before I can be paid. Bitcoin started over 9years ago and I am not aware of a ponzi that has last that long not even the dot.com bubble. so btc is Not a scam!
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:43:21 AM

Seems OP belongs to the pentagon. Man its not a pyramid scheme otherwise it wold have shut down in few months after its emergence.
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:47:39 AM

Well you have 'some' proofs as that is how you think it is however, I will take you on the issue of the Ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme is a triangular or pyramidal flow from the TOP to the BOTTOM (and not the way you pointed it) It must be also understood that the idea of ponzi is to take from one person and pay the peple upward. this is NOT the case with bitcoin as no one has asked me to pay so that they can pay the people before me and also asking those underneath me to pay money before I can be paid. Bitcoin started over 9years ago and I am not aware of a ponzi that has last that long not even the dot.com bubble. so btc is Not a scam!

I agree, its not a typical ponzi, because people are lured in decentralized, rather than by few early members. But there is a very strong bottom-->top flow mechanism, if You look at the whole picture. Satoshi and early members quaranteed himself huge amount of BTC for very little effort. With every halvening FOR THE SAME task reward is halved. Thats well pyramidal.

And BTC maybe have started 9 years ago indeed, I doubt archidects had an idea, how popular it will become. However! When You look at BTC prices in history, the boom started just 2 years ago. Which is average life time of well designed scheme. BTC is a very well designed scheme, thats why I predict it lasts a bit more, but wont see year 2020.
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:50:23 AM

Seems OP belongs to the pentagon. Man its not a pyramid scheme otherwise it wold have shut down in few months after its emergence.

No unfortunately not. Governments suck at detecting schemes. Look for example Kairosplanet "hard disc rental" project. Its a very clear scheme, right? It is still running and collecting money in many countries, only few have officially banned it.

https://kairosplanetasia.com/

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:04:35 AM

FIAT currency is a bigger ponzi because there is unlimited supply. Bitcoin has a limited totally supply, period. I do not understand where on earth you got to these assumptions. I would feel safer long term owning good cryptos and Bitcoin than seeing my money devalue in a bank year in year out. Yes, I agree, BTC is very volatile, as I saw my portfolio go down a lot in value this year in a bear market, but I do believe long term Bitcoin will provide a lot of value for investors and for the technology and innovation side.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:21:23 AM

Bitcoin will never ever end, I believe that bitcoin will soon rise, so we really need to wait for its rise to avoid lossing. Selling bitcoin todayvus a great loss due to its huge dip. Not only bitcoin but also altcoin and many other coins in crypto feild. All I can say is that we don't need to be afraid of the continuous dropping of by price because those are a normal thing in crypto.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:13:05 AM

I've been heard and read this word for a long time ago, that the bitcoin is nearly dead. But until now bitcoin still exists. Suddenly this words entered into my mind, "people who say, that the bitcoin is nearly dead is a victim of the so-called FAKE/FALSE news". LOL.
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:14:21 AM

I've been heard and read this word for a long time ago, that the bitcoin is nearly dead. But until now bitcoin still exists. Suddenly this words entered into my mind, "people who say, that the bitcoin is nearly dead is a victim of the so-called FAKE/FALSE news". LOL.

BTC is not closing down overnight. It has ended already for those, who paid 20k. More victims will follow.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:17:51 AM

A clear pyramid.

I often hear news or information that always proclaims that bitcoin and other currencies are dying and dying, I think the news I often hear from a few years ago, but until now bitcoin can still be accessed and invested
because bitcoin is indeed a very promising place for investment from now until now, that's why from year to year bitcoin more and more investors enter even though prices always experience a prolonged decline. but with the price reduction it will return to its price even though it takes a long time

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:38:10 AM

May I please beg for some source criticism? You use Satoshi´s white paper to back up an argument, his motivations were all good?
Sorry but I think you did not get my point. I quoted in my reply part of the post where Satoshi tells what his motivations are. Just to be sure, I'll quote the sentence again.

It's time we had the same thing for money. With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless.

Money that is free from third-party control. Is that not a good enough motivation according to you? For me and for those who actually care about the underlying ideals, this is a settled issue. Trying to implicate otherwise through rhetoric is just repetition of the same old, tiring agenda.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: